Sign in to follow this  
roger

making decisions and solving problems

Something I learned from Abraham about making decisions and solving problems has helped me a lot. It's a huge breakthrough, because all my life I've done it the wrong (ineffective) way.

If you want to make a good choice, solve a problem, or "figure something out," then FIRST connect (Abraham calls it "alignment"), first get at peace, THEN think about it.

The ineffective approach is to come from a place of frustration or need, from a sense of "lack," and to tackle the problem with that mindset.

When you first get at peace, and then approach the matter, the solutions come.

• Like 7

Something I learned from Abraham about making decisions and solving problems has helped me a lot. It's a huge breakthrough, because all my life I've done it the wrong (ineffective) way.

If you want to make a good choice, solve a problem, or "figure something out," then FIRST connect (Abraham calls it "alignment"), first get at peace, THEN think about it.

The ineffective approach is to come from a place of frustration or need, from a sense of "lack," and to tackle the problem with that mindset.

This is true roger.

Do you see clearly how this process unfolds and what to do if you find that initial step elusive?

• Like 2

What I find as I've gotten older is people solve decide there problem quickly, lightening fast.  The time spent 'logically' thinking is often rationalizations after the fact.  Not necessarily bad, but a tendency we have to watch out for.  This tendency is easily seen by friends, but harder to catch personally.  

I suppose the comfortable answer is more likely to be the rationalized one. 

• Like 4

This is true roger.

Do you see clearly how this process unfolds and what to do if you find that initial step elusive?

I should perhaps have made it clear that I wasn't advocating the "thinking" step in the way that might be implied from my response.

Incidentally, who is "Abraham"?

Abraham is the group of non-physical entities channeled by Esther and Jerry Hicks.

• Like 1

Problems become real problems when we don't know the technique to solve them. In philosophy, we use the term "Objectivity" to signify better problem solving capabilities. Objectivity is nothing but the rule of the conscientious thinking intellect over the emotional Mind. The entire philosophy of Vedanta is about developing this intellect and achieving the absolute objectivity called God Realization or  God Consciousness which is the ultimate purpose of this human birth and human existence for any individual. There are clear cut spiritual practices addressing to the particular demands of each and every individual depending upon his basic constitution of the personality. Broadly speaking, the more physical a person is, the person needs the path of action (Karma Yoga) which constitutes performance of duties without expectation of results, selfless service, sacrificial actions, etc. If the person is more emotional, the person needs more of the path of devotion (Bhakthi Yoga) which constitutes non hatred towards all the beings of the world, revelling in the welfare of all the beings of the world, practice of universal love, unconditioned kindness, impartial friendship, compassion, gratitude towards the Divine Providence for the gift of life and daily experiences, gratitude towards the spiritual master, spiritual personalities, noble benefactors for their contribution to our evolution, forgiveness, etc. If the person is more intellectual, the person needs more of the path of knowledge (Gnana Yoga) which constitutes discrimination of the real from the unreal, waking up at 4.00 A.M in the early morning to study the scriptures, reflect, contemplate and meditate optimally, practice of introspection of the days proceedings for just Ten minutes before going to sleep in the night without endeavouring into personal criticism or analysis of the events. These spiritual practices will make us more objective and render us more meditative so that we can lead a purposeful life of internal bliss and external harmony with the society and nature.

• Like 3

Intuition is beyond reasoning and also inclusive of it.

Using the totality of your brain-which is quite impressive at processing all sorts of stuff outside your conscious awareness-I have never gone wrong.

In Stillness-Movement we call is "Listen and Do" where listening does involve a stillness of the mind to reach the true intuition-which doesnt always make sense in the moment but retrospectively is understood

This is analogous to the Bönpo approach to problem solving.

They would say that one allows the mind to settle into it's nature.

My teacher uses a method he calls taking 3 precious pills - connect with the stillness of the body, the silence of the speech, and the spaciousness of the mind.

That is the source of rest and nourishment and also the source of creativity and enlightened activity.

It is also considered the true source of healing.

From the Bönpo scripture, The 21 Nails:

Its positive qualities are inconceivable,

Like the revelation of a king's treasure.

The one who rests in its true meaning

Enjoys the inexhaustible wealth of its fruition.

• Like 2

Problems become real problems when we don't know the technique to solve them. In philosophy, we use the term "Objectivity" to signify better problem solving capabilities. Objectivity is nothing but the rule of the conscientious thinking intellect over the emotional Mind. The entire philosophy of Vedanta is about developing this intellect and achieving the absolute objectivity called God Realization or  God Consciousness which is the ultimate purpose of this human birth and human existence for any individual. There are clear cut spiritual practices addressing to the particular demands of each and every individual depending upon his basic constitution of the personality. Broadly speaking, the more physical a person is, the person needs the path of action (Karma Yoga) which constitutes performance of duties without expectation of results, selfless service, sacrificial actions, etc. If the person is more emotional, the person needs more of the path of devotion (Bhakthi Yoga) which constitutes non hatred towards all the beings of the world, revelling in the welfare of all the beings of the world, practice of universal love, unconditioned kindness, impartial friendship, compassion, gratitude towards the Divine Providence for the gift of life and daily experiences, gratitude towards the spiritual master, spiritual personalities, noble benefactors for their contribution to our evolution, forgiveness, etc. If the person is more intellectual, the person needs more of the path of knowledge (Gnana Yoga) which constitutes discrimination of the real from the unreal, waking up at 4.00 A.M in the early morning to study the scriptures, reflect, contemplate and meditate optimally, practice of introspection of the days proceedings for just Ten minutes before going to sleep in the night without endeavouring into personal criticism or analysis of the events. These spiritual practices will make us more objective and render us more meditative so that we can lead a purposeful life of internal bliss and external harmony with the society and nature.

This is beautiful - thank you Prasanna.

Can you tell me if there are practices of connecting with conscious awareness in dreams and sleep in your tradition?

Thanks

_/\_

• Like 1

This is beautiful - thank you Prasanna.

Can you tell me if there are practices of connecting with conscious awareness in dreams and sleep in your tradition?

Thanks

_/\_

Great question. Dreams are just a projection of our Mind that arise from undigested thoughts of the waking state of consciousness.  Normally as we evolve spiritually, our dreams become less in number since our ego and desire ridden Mind starts getting reduced gradually. In Vedanta philosophy, our waking state itself is considered a much realistic dream, not the absolute reality. the absolute Reality is the God within us and our spiritual quest is finding that God within ourselves through the spiritual practices that I have explained. As we evolve spiritually, we would be free from disturbing thoughts like stress, tension, worry, anxiety, depression, anger and also dreams. This can be taken as a mark of spiritual development.

Edited by Prasanna
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this