Sign in to follow this  
Karl

A question for the physicists.

But that would be different from actually being in the physical of a past event.  Recreating it would still be done and experienced in the present.

Entropy rules out time travel. Arrow of time is forward. We are looking back in time everytime we glance to the heavens. Many of those stars we can see are already gone. It's a type of time travel. We can't actually go back in time.

• Like 1

20th century science certainly allows for physical time travel

both in einstein's universe and in the quantum 

edit>> the bolding of 20th

and i will add even in the late 19th century right around 1895

when wells outlined einstein's 1905 relativity thesis

was wells able to do this becoz he actually had a time machine?

Edited by zerostao

"Cause and effect" require the concept of time.  How the time is measured varies.  But we can never have the effect before we have the cause.

"Cause and effect" require the concept of time.  How the time is measured varies.  But we can never have the effect before we have the cause.

special relativity and quantum mechanics do not always follow such common sense approaches

both have paradoxes concerning 'time'

edit>> a journey of 1000 miles begins with that first step (to paraphrase laozi !

Edited by zerostao

special relativity and quantum mechanics do not always follow such common sense approaches

both have paradoxes concerning 'time'

edit>> a journey of 1000 miles begins with that first step (to paraphrase laozi !

But Sir, you traveled the 1000 miles because you took that first step and then continued stepping.   It's all cause and effect.

(But while you were walking I drove my truck.  Therefore the time between your and my arrival, considering we both left at the same time, greatly differed.)

A trip to the moon would take only 1.5 seconds if you can travel at the speed of light.

• Like 1

But Sir, you traveled the 1000 miles because you took that first step and then continued stepping.   It's all cause and effect.

(But while you were walking I drove my truck.  Therefore the time between your and my arrival, considering we both left at the same time, greatly differed.)

A trip to the moon would take only 1.5 seconds if you can travel at the speed of light.

Better have good brakes.

• Like 1

Could we use the speed of dark for braking?

Space anchor designed on the principle of the sky hook. Give it a coating of Tartan paint and apply a pocket full of nail holes and it would be boss.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this