Sign in to follow this  
Easternmost Frontier

Daoism and Home Decor/Organization/Arrangement

I'm in the process of changing my life around a bit, and I'm curious about how your spiritual path reflects your physical home/dwelling space. How do you incorporate your ideas and ideals into your home's organization and decor?

I'm open to any and all ideas. Thank you all.

Hi Easternmost Frontier.

You might be interested in the thread on minimalism active right now in the Off Topic section.  There´s also Taomeow´s earlier thread referencing the Konmari method, also in Off Topic.  It will probably come up if you search under "Konmari."

Keep it simple, functional.. lots of wood and earth tones.  

Taomeow turned me on to The Japanese art of Tidying book.  Where the main idea is, if you don't love throw it out.  This leads to minimalism where everything you own is special and treated as such. 

You may look also into Feng Shui which is an art of arranging your home to bring more energy, harmony and luck.

Keep it simple, functional.. lots of wood and earth tones.  

Careful here, friend! Wood not recommended for people born in Fire years or having Fire as a dominant element in Bazi.

Earth and Metal would be recommended for them as well as having Water to anchor the Fire: Like a small fountain feature or living near the sea, a lake, etc.

Wood and Fire for people born in Water years.

I personally would love to live in a cave on top of a cliff facing the ocean with a nice drop-off below. This location suits me perfectly:

e0a6de498568023.jpg

The water is 60 m deep down below those cliffs. I have been in the island next to it and felt like fish in the water. I need to go back soon and stay there! Perfect yin and yang balance: sun, small mountains, and the sea. It also snows in the winter months on the higher parts of the island.

326a90498569058.jpg

Another Taoist heaven and most people don't even know about it!

For someone born in 1966 same for people born in Earth years, especially Earth yang (ending in 8) that's a good place, not that good for other animal signs.

Edited by Gerard

Sign in to follow this