3bob

the origin of "illusion"

:) if only...but the mind is literally the only hurdle to altering our reality. Once we realize we are not our mind, the limits start to dissolve.

Well, please let me know when you can walk into a closed door and not get your nose bloodied, Okay?

• Like 1

out of your or the mind - you may be on to something there MH...

Nice catch 3bob.  But that's not really physically possible, is it?  Where is our mind?  It is rooted in our brain.  Where is our brain?  Seated firmly in our head.  Where is our head?  Firmly attached to our neck and the rest of our body.

Yes, we can allow the mind to wander here and there.  But physically it is still where it is supposed to be.

if Tao is rooted in or sitting in a big brain some where it must be a big one,  hehe

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

if Tao is rooted in or sitting in a big brain some where it must be a big one,  hehe

Hehehe.  Good try.  But you know I don't consider Tao as a noun, a thing, but rather a verb, all-invasive.

and how is no-thing working with things, where is the verbal contact so to speak?

• Like 1

Nice catch 3bob.  But that's not really physically possible, is it?  Where is our mind?  It is rooted in our brain.  Where is our brain?  Seated firmly in our head.  Where is our head?  Firmly attached to our neck and the rest of our body.

Yes, we can allow the mind to wander here and there.  But physically it is still where it is supposed to be.

Mind is just a stream of objects in our consciousness. Consciousness doesn't end with the body, nor does it begin with it. We all find this out, sooner or later :)

Thought I'd share a somewhat relevant piece of info I saw on my FB stream, right after posting the previous message.

Q : Could you say something about the difference between understanding something and being that understanding? Nisargadatta would keep saying if you say you've understood, 

you haven't understood.

Robert Adams: True.
Understanding something is when I am talking or you read a book and intellectually it makes a lot of sense to you. 
But even if it makes sense intellectually to you,
you have not experienced that. 

If you have not experienced that, 
it makes no difference how long you've been reading books or 
how long you've been discussing truth, or 
how many classes you've gone to or 
how many teachers you've had. 

You have to be able to do something yourself to 
have an experience of the reality. 
Therefore there comes a time in our lives 
when we stop reading books. 
We stop running around to teacher to teacher to teacher. 
We stop going and identifying with certain places in the world and running all over the world. 

We become still, we go within ourselves a lot. 
We have a lot of time to ourselves. 
We question ourselves, we observe ourselves, 
we look at ourselves and 
then the Guru within you will tell you what to do, 
how to do it and where to go and everything will go well with you.

Think of some of the teachers that you know or heard about. 
Nisargadatta, he always prayed. 
He realized that he was consciousness. 
He was self-realized, but at the same time he chanted, he prayed, he had devotion. 
It sounds like a contradiction. 
For you may say, 
"If someone is self-realized and knows himself or herself to be all there is, to whom do they pray?" 

Try to remember that all spiritual life is a contradiction. 
It's a contradiction because words cannot explain it. 
Even when you are the Self, 
you can pray to the Self, which is you.

Ramana Maharshi always had chanting at the ashram, 
prayers, devotional hymns.
These things are very important. 
Many westerners, who profess to be atheists, come to listen to lectures on Advaita Vedanta, 
and yet nothing ever happens in their lives. 
As long as you do not have devotion, faith, love, discrimination, dispassion, it will be very difficult to awaken.

Therefore those of you who become bored with practicing self-inquiry may become very devotional. 
Surrender everything. 
Give up your body, your thoughts, all the things that bind you, 
whatever problems you may believe you have. 
Surrender them to your favorite deity. 
You are emptying yourself out as you do this. 
Do a lot of it. 
Become humble. 
Have a tremendous humility. 

If you can just do that you will become a favorite of God 
and you'll not have to search any longer. 
But of course the choice is always yours.
What are you chasing in life? 
What are you going after? 
What are the things that interest you? 
Whatever you put first in your life, that's where your heart is. 
All of the things that have transpired in your life up to now, 
forget them. 

Be aware all of the time that there are no mistakes. 
There is nothing from the past that can interfere with your life if
you become devotional and have faith in God. 
You'll be automatically protected from anything. 

And if you have enough faith, you can totally remove all karmic aspects of your life. 
You can transcend all of karma. 
You can make life easier for yourself, if you have faith.

There are many people who practice Advaita Vedanta, 
and some people are here tonight 
who really do not like to hear these things. 
They just want to hear me say that you are consciousness. 
All is well. 
You are absolute reality. 
You are really not your body or your mind-phenomena. 
Yet once they leave this room they turn back into their rotten selves, with all the negatives and all the anger, and all the hurts, and all the suspicions,
and all the things that they've had inside of them for years.

~ From Robert Adams Satsangs book

and how is no-thing working with things, where is the verbal contact so to speak?

We can't define and therefore we cannot describe the workings of no-thing.  All we can do is observe the workings of things and assume that these same processes apply to no-things as well within their environment.

But we do know that ho-things transmute into things and that things transmute into no-things.

• Like 1

a transmutation MH which I'd say is not that far off from how the physical can change frequency and pass through objects in a so called non-normal way...btw non-physical frequencies (depending on one's definition) are effecting the physical all the time in subtle ways, for instance on the common level of x-rays or gamma rays if we want to up the power 

Edited by 3bob

the mind of man is an instrument or device which includes a very great range of perception and conception but not the full range beyond duality...

where did the mind come from?

When mind gets beyond duality it is likely not 'mind' except in our explanation.  Beyond, it is then beyond mind. 

Until you have that experience/ability, mind is mind and not beyond mind. 

• Like 1

a transmutation MH which I'd say is not that far off from how the physical can change frequency and pass through objects in a so called non-normal way...btw non-physical frequencies (depending on one's definition) are effecting the physical all the time in subtle ways, for instance on the common level of x-rays or gamma rays if we want to up the power 

Well, if you are so loosely packed that you can penetrate and then pass through a closed door then good for you.  Me?  I'm tightly packed.  I can't do it.  But I can make water pass through dirt.  Magic!

Yes, much of this has to do with the frequency of the energy, the energy being us and the door.  But then, even if you do find the frequency that will shatter the door and apply that frequency to the door you still won't be walking "through" the door but rather through the space where the door used to be.

That's the problem with teleporting objects.  You break the object down to energy frequencies that can be moved and you end up with nothing because you won't be able to put the object back together again.

• Like 1

neutrinos and such pass through the earth and we don't even know it (except by very high tech) yet no damage is done like you are speaking of... (Brian would know a whole lot more along these lines - hehe) 

neutrinos and such pass through the earth and we don't even know it (except by very high tech) yet no damage is done like you are speaking of... (Brian would know a whole lot more along these lines - hehe) 

Brian doesn't like getting into these kind of discussions with me.  I'm too hard-headed.

But yes, and radio and TV energy pass through us all the time too.  Equally many other forms of energy.  They are able to pass through because the energy is not seeking ground.  That energy is complete in and of itself.

But the frequencies of the Ten Thousand Things is of a different sort.  More compact and condensed.

• Like 1