Sign in to follow this  
Jim D.

Independence Day

War has always been the way of these United States. War has always been a part of mankind.

War doesn't have to be part of mankind.War is, only caused by mankind.Mankind is causing it all by themself.
  • Like 3

Well who lived here before the Colonist came over. And who brought the Slaves over and in the process killed 10M. Where did the Indians end up...on Reservations. Who gave they blankets with small pocks...the U.S. Army. Who stuffed 600 Africans in the bow of a ship, chained to the next guy leaving them to lay with their legs pulled up in a fetal position...laying in their urine and fecal material. Who cut their nails so that they would not scratch the next guy in rage and delirium so as not to damage their property. BTW, what about the dead bodies that were not removed. Who was responsible...the Slave Traders.

Do the research!

Yes, those things happened more or less (some of them not, such as the US Army intentionally spreading small pox)...but those things were not directly related to the founding of the US...in other words, the founding of America was a positive thing, as can be seen in the Declaration of Independence. The US was not founded on slavery and genocide...in fact, the Declaration says that all men are created equal. The authors weren't saying, as some assert, that blacks and Native Americans were not actually men...it says all men. These kinds of principles are what the country was founded upon.

• Like 1

I was pointing out mans inhumanity to men. I don't think that slavery or killing all the Indians were connected to Independence Day.

Have you done the research on Slavery and the way Native American were treated in this Country? Seven Arrows is a good compilation of how the American Indian was treated. I especially angry about the Christians and how they exploited the Indian.

The founding fathers owned people.

Women and non-land owners were not allowed to vote, nor given equal protection under the law at our founding.

The people who were created equal were land owning men. 

Without slave labor, it's a crap shoot whether the colonies would have been profitable and viable.  Remember how vehemently the South resisted the loss of slave labor.  It was unimaginable that their way of life could continue without this resource.

And without the near absolute destruction of the indigenous people on the continent and the establishment of the reservation/forced dependence program for the few survivors, we'd still be in a land war in America to this day.

That is how it is that Southeners called their Slaves chattle.

Americans are still fighting for land and rights to it. They now use Court proceedings instead of murder and reservations. I am glad the Indian owns rights to legal gambling. They do not accept many white men very easily. Don't blame them. Lot's of alcoholism on the reservation. No thanks to the white man.

All americans are chattle.

and we dont have any land "rights"

you have the opportunity to PAY to use land, and that's that.

(if you dont believe me, try not paying your land "taxes" and see what the law says about your purported "ownership" of said land.)

• Like 2

I contend two of the greatest and most harmful revolutions of man, were the invention of the idea of the value of paper money and the concept of land ownership...

what ridiculousness... we don't even own our own bodies but we can 'own' land?  It's comical in the extreme, yet ala the 11 monkeys, we have grown to accept it without question because that's the way it's always been...

I guess there's some merit in the shared idea of paper money value... it's hard to carry all that gold around.

But at their base, to me, those concepts are born of predatory gang leaders for the sole purpose of extortion.

As proof, I submit any newspaper of any date, anywhere.

Sign in to follow this