Sign in to follow this  
Goldleaf

feel like giving up

Well, in this life I never got some I tried to get.  Of course, I missed some I could have had.  And life goes on.

In times like that I have to override my emotions with logic.  I forcefully tell myself that things cannot remain the same.  One of the few constants in life is change and this feeling and this time in your life will pass, like clouds.  In fact, the more intense the emotions the quicker they tend to fade as the energy required to support them will dissipate. 

Like the heaviest storms, they blow themselves out.  Hang in there.  Reach out.  Change your daily lineup.  Do something nice for yourself... anything.  And know that no matter what, you are never alone and this will not continue, you will not be in this place for long.

• Like 2

Its not really a big problem if we know the right cure and apply it with confidence and positivity. 

One of the chief causes of this sense of dejection and overwhelming flatness we experience sometimes is that we have allowed the forgetting of how to appreciate and be consciously grateful for the mundane everyday things we tend to take for granted, like flicking a switch and the light comes on, turning on the faucet and clean hot, cold or warm water gushes out, clean air that fills our lungs each time we pay attention to the breath, the vibrant nuances of colour even when things are gloomy and grey, the sound of raindrops that we are able to hear pitter pattering on the window pane... 

Sure, we experience some down moments, but within these lie the seeds of change. Grass seeds produce weeds and take a short time to complete its cycle... acorns produce oak trees, and they grow slowly and magnificently. The wonderful part about being human is this gift of choice that we have - what kind of seeds do we want to sow - this is important... very important in fact, because that which we sow, and the ground we choose to sow on, and the patience we apply in ritualistically tending to the process determines how we will like to wake up each morning. 

• Like 1

I am always reluctant to leave an answer when someone even mentions things such as ending it all, none the less, in my experience I have found that troubles with sleep are almost always, inherently linked to a severe disconnect between the conscious and unconscious poles of mind. Good luck.

Sign in to follow this