Sign in to follow this  
Bindi

Antahkarana

The relevance of Anatahakarana is that it exists all the time, and starts to fully manifest from the period a child is old enough. It mainly consists of buddhi and chitta first. Then appears Ahamkara (Ego identification of the body as the Self). The Manas (or Mind, or field of thoughts in chitta - consciousness) is a result of antahakarana. 

The premise of the OP (quote referenced therein) is nonsensical and it tries to use terminology for the sake of jargon rather than anything meaningful, imho.

When we drop the Ahamakara (identification of the body with the Self), abide in Pure Chitta (Consciousness), using our Buddhi (intellect) to discern between the Self (Pure Chitta) and the Manas (field of thought-objects), we have effectively identified our true Self (Atman). 

Edited by dwai
  • Like 4

I have edited this thread in response to Dwai's correct assertion that the original OP was new age, a conclusion that I came to very quickly as well.  

• Like 2

I'd say without Grace as a key help and force at the threshold - Atman does not realize Atman...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this