Sign in to follow this  
mindtooloud

Fluoride

I think with the toothpaste, there's such a minimal amount that it doesn't really matter. And if we brush lightly so as to not agitate the gums, and spit all the foam out completely and rinse, then we're hardly getting any exposure to it.

I noticed a decrease in effectiveness of fluoride free toothpastes...my teeth started hurting. Had to switch back to fluoridated varieties.

People who are trying to go fluoride free should probably consider a few other things: the water source for your shower or bath having a fluoride filter so it isn't absorbed through the skin or inhaled as droplets or vapors. Not cooking (rice for instance, or soup) with tap water, not eating at places that cook with tap water...and of course not drinking it ever (considering being out at public places where there are water fountains and you might be thirsty...having a coffee from the store, etc). I suspect all of those things are more hazardous than toothpaste. The toothpaste is only potentially bad for kids, who swallow a lot of it.

fluoride can get absorbed directly into the mucosa of the gums, also into the veins under the tongue....I'm sure I get enough in the foods I eat, and occasional tap water drinking, and there is small amounts in just about any brand of spring water...

There does seem something devious and underhanded about the ADA (and AMA). Mercury, fluoride....and of course cavities can heal themselves if you take care of them right....

fluoride can get absorbed directly into the mucosa of the gums, also into the veins under the tongue....I'm sure I get enough in the foods I eat, and occasional tap water drinking, and there is small amounts in just about any brand of spring water...

Hopefully you're not buying your spring water, but getting it fresh out of the ground. Plastics aren't good. My spring water is apparently 4 ppm! Not that I'm obsessive about this subject.

About absorption...that's true. If there were a reliable brand of fluoride free toothpaste I'd use it. Used Tom's of Maine in like 2010, and it was bad. Otherwise...with absorption from being in the mouth for like a minute a day, it's a pretty minuscule amount.

Edited by Aetherous

Package text on fluoridated toothpaste says if someone ingests a pea-sized bit of it, call a poison center.

Yes, do not swallow toothpaste.

Fluoride cannot "protect" against any condition that would actually be causing tooth pain.

I wonder why fluoride toothpaste makes my teeth feel fine and healthy, whereas non-fluoride makes them feel weak and sensitive?

Areas with water fluoridation and dentists doing fluoride treatments have the highest incidence of tooth decay and expensive dental work being done.

The very people convinced that fluoride has "helped" them pretty much all have lots of fillings, crowns, veneers, root canals, etc, etc.

But, apparently, little facility left to notice.

Anyone who thinks water fluoridation was enacted to promote dental health has obviously had enough.

Well, someone feels strongly.

Re:

-----

"I wonder why fluoride toothpaste makes my teeth feel fine and healthy, whereas non-fluoride makes them feel weak and sensitive?"

-----

Must be some other ingredients - surfactants, polishing abrasives, etc.

Or placebo effect.

Unless you up the amount to the upper limits allowed in tap water, or use tap water to make grape juice concentrate or something like that - then you get outright pitting and discoloration.

It's been a scam the whole time.

Just a way to get people to feel good about one part of the systematic brain diminishment necessary to render them most governable.

-VonKrankenhaus

Must be some other ingredients - surfactants, polishing abrasives, etc.

I think it was the fact that fluoride strengthens enamel...without any fluoride, the teeth are weaker and thus feel more sensitive and painful. I don't think any detergents or abrasives would be so strong as to cause tooth pain with normal brushing.

Or placebo effect.

Well, I bought Tom's of Maine under the assumption that it would be healthier. If placebo effect were taking place it would be in favor of that. I didn't enter into it with any notion that my teeth would hurt.

Hopefully you're not buying your spring water, but getting it fresh out of the ground. Plastics aren't good. My spring water is apparently 4 ppm! Not that I'm obsessive about this subject.

About absorption...that's true. If there were a reliable brand of fluoride free toothpaste I'd use it. Used Tom's of Maine in like 2010, and it was bad. Otherwise...with absorption from being in the mouth for like a minute a day, it's a pretty minuscule amount.

Unfortunately yes, plastic. Hopefully we will have a reverse osmosis system set up here sooner or later.

I dont know toothpaste brands anymore. I thought Desert Essence had a good one, but I don't know if they are even still around.

Re:

-----

"what is it you are trying to say?"

-----

Just that fluoride, being a neurotoxin, has made people,,, confused, and not so able to understand what people are saying.

-VonKrankenhaus

I totally agree , i used to as a kis swallow tooth paste cuz it was like strawberry paste to me (strawberry flavored tooth paste) and i greatly regret it, and now im stupid amd i dont underdtand what people say, i am greatly trying to cut down on flouride now but i cant find flouride free water, gotta some how get afilter

The ADA are the people who are fluoridating people.

It's like when Nixon waved his arms and said he wasn't a crook.

Or the big tobacco companies with their "absolute peer-reviewed scientific proof" that cigarettes do not cause cancer.

Got anything by anyone who is NOT making money from fluoridation?

-VonKrankenhaus

Perhaps information from an independent source would be more compelling than from the ADA?

Could be, although I posted that source because it cites many different studies.

It's like asking Merck or the CDC about vaccines.

Merck is being sued for fraud over fudging vaccine studies, and the CDC had a whistleblower emerge who admits that their vaccine studies were also fudged.

Corporations and the government agencies they set up and populate, are generally not in the business of truly informing people, but of providing plausibility for the outrageous crimes they are doing.

Fluoridating water will be seen as one.

Mercury in tooth fillings is another.

Etc, etc, etc.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this