Sign in to follow this  
Jox

Proportion

Sitting / standing < === > still / moving ... What is "the best formula" of practicing from your experience ...

I have just recently discovered that is a good combo to link sitting and moving practices and do them in a row ... 

For example, some stretching the tendons, shaking, ocean breathing, 5 animals and then sit down and do the fusion, kanli or just inner smile ... after that, wu ji gong ...

It is a magic trip in to The Rabbit hole ... :)

aliceinwonderland-downtherabbithole-011.

Your feedbacks are welcome ...   ;)   

Good chi to you all ...   Jox ...     :)

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

I do both but only one at any given time.

It sounds like you have something interesting though.

My moving practice really isn't a practice though.  It is a spontaneous thing when I don't need my conscious brain for what I am doing.

I do not know any chi gong, but I do some strange body work before meditation usually - part of it is to shake my body for at least 5minutes, yawning, sighing, swinging arms, blowing rasperries (do what them little people do - children play) and some other goofy movements to get the head into the body and then I sit with what my lamas gave me as instructions - such as leave it uncontrived .... what ever that means :P

• Like 2

I've just started Taichi 6mths ago. I do zhanzhuang alternating with sitting meditations, as I cant last long in the standing posture. Alternating standing with sitting, and moving (Taichi) meditations help me to be able to practice longer, achieve deeper relaxation, and stillness.

I am still learning the best way to cultivate my energies. So far this combo has worked well for me.

Sign in to follow this