edwray

Hi- have an elbow injury and looking for some physically...

My Name is Ed and I live in Jakarta. Just doing a bit of research and came across your site. I like very much what I am reading, and the generally helpful and informative attitudes of your members. I have an arm injury which restricts to some extent the extension of my elbow, and would like to find some kind of physically oriented meditation. Any suggestions? - cheers

My Name is Ed and I live in Jakarta. Just doing a bit of research and came across your site. I like very much what I am reading, and the generally helpful and informative attitudes of your members. I have an arm injury which restricts to some extent the extension of my elbow, and would like to find some kind of physically oriented meditation. Any suggestions? - cheers

Hi Mantis,

ummm. I should have probably mentioned in addition to liking what I am reading here, much of it I do not understand. I'm probably being a bit thick, but could you elucidate a bit more what you are suggesting. Thanks!

Hi Mantis,

ummm. I should have probably mentioned in addition to liking what I am reading here, much of it I do not understand. I'm probably being a bit thick, but could you elucidate a bit more what you are suggesting. Thanks!

Thanks - I am fairly active and was kind of hoping there might be something involving a bit more motion. Maybe referring to meditation was misleading. I am really new at this. I was thinking of maybe something along the lines of Tai Chi or qi gung. Any ideas along those lines. many thanks for your time.

Cheers

Hello Ed,

Depending on the injury, Tai chi can work wonders. Along that line, you could target the elbows specifically using some of the tai chi qigongs like Wave Hands Like Clouds or Silk Reeling. The key is not to overdo it. Don't extend to the maximum, but maybe 75%. It's like stretching a cold elastic. If you try to stretch it to the limit too quickly the elastic will snap. But if you start slowly, you warm up the rubber and it can expand further. These techniques are not miracle cures. They will take patience and effort, but they are very effective.

Medical Qigong

- exercises directly related to aid body, mind and soul.

Here you will find dynamic qigong - soft movements that initiate energyflow

and static qigong - different static poses.

Also quiet qigong-meditation with mudras.

Hi everyone - thanks very much for your excellent suggestions. I'm in the process of trying to find Tai Chi practitioners in Jakarta. If anyone knows about Tai Chi in Jakarta, plesase do let me know. Cheers.