Sign in to follow this  
Peace

Greetings!_/\_

I'm Peace from Pune, Maharashtra, India.

Joining this forum to learn more about Taoism. Particularly about Semen Retention. I've been trying for last two years, but maybe because my approach was wrong, it has debilitated me at times causing pangs of anxiety and physical symptoms. I wish to know the right way. And I don't think there could be any place better than this.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Hello Peace, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Peace,

We can always use a little more Peace around here.  I'm sure you will find others to talk with regarding your interests.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

I'm Peace from Pune, Maharashtra, India.

Joining this forum to learn more about Taoism. Particularly about Semen Retention. I've been trying for last two years, but maybe because my approach was wrong, it has debilitated me at times causing pangs of anxiety and physical symptoms. I wish to know the right way. And I don't think there could be any place better than this.

Thank you.

Welcome. Why do you think that it is important? Especially if it debilitates you?

• Like 1

Do you have an internal practice? 

Not really sure about the question, but if it is about the herbs that I consume - I've been occasionally taking Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) and Vriddhadaru Mula for two years. I take Omega 3 capsules as well. They have alleviated the psychological anguish to an extent. But whenever I ejaculate and start all over again, the symptoms return. 

Welcome. Why do you think that it is important? Especially if it debilitates you?

I have pondered a lot on that as well. I respect people who manage to stay under control in difficult situations. As in people who are mentally tough and don't crack easily. (Those who have control over their nerves and SNS). I've always read in different books that a person who attains Vairagya (Dispassion) becomes mentally tough. And in order to attain Vairagya, one has to drastically reduce or stop ejaculation, masturbation and adultery in mind. That's the reason I want to do it so badly... I crave mental power.

• Like 1

I have pondered a lot on that as well. I respect people who manage to stay under control in difficult situations. As in people who are mentally tough and don't crack easily. (Those who have control over their nerves and SNS). I've always read in different books that a person who attains Vairagya (Dispassion) becomes mentally tough. And in order to attain Vairagya, one has to drastically reduce or stop ejaculation, masturbation and adultery in mind. That's the reason I want to do it so badly... I crave mental power.

Ever think on which might come first?  Maybe realizing Dispassion, leads to the control?  Rather than the inverse.

• Like 1

And in order to attain Vairagya, one has to drastically reduce or stop ejaculation, masturbation and adultery in mind.

Wait a minute.

In my opinion adultery is okay.

Not really sure about the question, but if it is about the herbs that I consume - I've been occasionally taking Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) and Vriddhadaru Mula for two years. I take Omega 3 capsules as well. They have alleviated the psychological anguish to an extent. But whenever I ejaculate and start all over again, the symptoms return. 

Certain meditative practices help circulate and refine excess sexual energy. If you have no cultivation experience, jumping into retention without methods for dissolving impurities in the body can be like putting a fish in a microwave. Sexual energy amplifies imbalances in the system, thus it's important to have methods that clean out and balance the body. 

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 4

Certain meditative practices help circulate and refine excess sexual energy. If you have no cultivation experience, jumping into retention without methods for dissolving impurities in the body can be like putting a fish in a microwave. Sexual energy amplifies imbalances in the system, thus it's important to have methods that clean out and balance the body. 

Could you please elaborate on some ways for Solo Cultivation? Thanks.

• Like 1

Could you please elaborate on some ways for Solo Cultivation? Thanks.

In Taoism the main method for the circulation of chi Is called chi kung.

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

An excellent book on this subject is the Tao of Sexology

by Dr Stephen T Chang. In my experience there is constantly a need for balance with the retention method, depending on your cultivation training and sexual needs. The Deer exercise comes to mind from this book which I find channels and stores the energy as it's being produced from the retention method. Also there is a chart in the book (for guidance), when releasing this energy is beneficial, and why too much retention may work against the thing one is trying to cultivate! Balance is the key.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this