Sign in to follow this  
forestofemptiness

Understanding Energy Leaks

Here is an interesting article on energy leaks from Christopher Wallis. I've been listening to his audio on Kashmir Shaivism (which is fantastic). What do the "experts" think? My line of thinking has been that all spiritual practice has an energetic component, even when that component is not emphasized. 

Understanding energy leaks; or, Seven Ways to keep your Mojo

Summary for the Lazy:

1. Exhaustion due to overdoing/multi-tasking

2. Dis-ease of the physical body

3.  Excess emotional reactivity

4. Losing contact with natural Presence through thought/fantasy/reverie

5. Strongly held beliefs or opinions

6. Unclear relationships / unclear boundaries

7. Unconscious speech / excessive speech / gossip

Full link:

http://www.tantrikstudies.org/blog/2016/2/20/understanding-energy-leaks

• Like 1

Here is an interesting article on energy leaks from Christopher Wallis. I've been listening to his audio on Kashmir Shaivism (which is fantastic). What do the "experts" think? My line of thinking has been that all spiritual practice has an energetic component, even when that component is not emphasized.

Understanding energy leaks; or, Seven Ways to keep your Mojo

Summary for the Lazy:

1. Exhaustion due to overdoing/multi-tasking

2. Dis-ease of the physical body

3. Excess emotional reactivity

4. Losing contact with natural Presence through thought/fantasy/reverie

5. Strongly held beliefs or opinions

6. Unclear relationships / unclear boundaries

7. Unconscious speech / excessive speech / gossip

Full link:

http://www.tantrikstudies.org/blog/2016/2/20/understanding-energy-leaks

Based just on your Summary, the inverse sounds like wu wei and letting go of attachments.
  • Like 1

Dissipation / to attachments - key indulgence.

This is the single most abrupt deduction from living after Awakening.

But - it is very similar to asking someone to quit eating all their favorite foods.

This is key - people cannot hear the masters talking - all the quotes fall high and in the realm of perfection ideals - but we do not allow them to touch the sacred "our" meat and potatoes comfort food.

We would love to beat ourselves up and punish our bodies and stand in the cold and get up at all hours - but we are entrenched in our mind loops politically, morally, emotionally and we have every defense aimed at keeping them and defending them. Nothing is more difficult to convey - yet all of you are shaking your heads.

At the time when my Awakening was about to happen - I was working on dropping my story - for me this was and felt like at the time - my door - it all came together - but by that time I had finally finally started to "get over" the never ending repeat of Me-ness.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

If the above is right, then there are a few conclusions that are likely to ruffle some feathers:

1. Physical/energetic practices can, at best, be secondary practices. Without a primary spiritual practice aimed at bringing about non-attachment, these practices won't work and may actually be harmful. 

2. Primary spiritual practices should automatically have physical or energetic side-effects, and if they don't, they probably aren't being done properly. 

Based just on your Summary, the inverse sounds like wu wei and letting go of attachments.

I think that's right.

• Like 2

If the above is right, then there are a few conclusions that are likely to ruffle some feathers:

1. Physical/energetic practices can, at best, be secondary practices. Without a primary spiritual practice aimed at bringing about non-attachment, these practices won't work and may actually be harmful. 

2. Primary spiritual practices should automatically have physical or energetic side-effects, and if they don't, they probably aren't being done properly.

----- End Quote -----

There are a number of energetic practices that will have great potential effects regardless of ones aim or ideals.

Eg: In Qi Gong a great many of the movements energetically move energies from one side of the head to the other - a more fluid flow of energies is initiated. Even from one eye to the other. The set of exercises can lead one from simple movements to the discovery of a world within and energetic possibilities that may motivate an entire expansion of ones universe.

In general - what is the point of coming up with formulaic conclusions? Generally they tend to give us the impression that we know something when often we do not. This is a primary leak area as it diverts simple viewing of a subject to elimination of it - because we have shut ourselves off from alternate views because of premature conclusions / completely unnecessary conclusions.

Regarding point 1 above - a person may be very very far along - but completely unaware of it.

He / she may follow along with a friend or lover to a class of some sort and re-establish themselves in a wholly forgotten side of themselves but with no aim prior that they were aware of.

Regarding point 2 above - spiritual practices DO automatically have physical/energetic side effects - but often people are unaware of the effects for some time. In fact they may abandon every helpful practices because they are not yet able to see / feel the utility in exchange for the time and money spent. But regardless - they do have an effect. It is obviously true that some degree of work can be harmful - but it is not generally related to those things whereby one does Not feel energetic side effects - typically it is hyper concentration upon those things that definitely have energetic side effects.

This hyper concentrating behavior can have disasterous side effects and result in energy leaks from damage that may take another life to pick up the pieces from.

The point is to inform one's practice.

In general - what is the point of coming up with formulaic conclusions? Generally they tend to give us the impression that we know something when often we do not. This is a primary leak area as it diverts simple viewing of a subject to elimination of it - because we have shut ourselves off from alternate views because of premature conclusions / completely unnecessary conclusions.

Sign in to follow this