seekingbuddha

Safari jumps while editing new post

Has anyone tried using Safari browser while trying to edit a new message that you are typing?  I am tired of this after seeing this for many weeks now. It was not giving this problem before, but suddenly  i am unable to  highlight any text while typing a new post.   If i try to highlight, the browser will suddenly jump to the bottom of the page, and hence i can not edit the current message that i am typing in the "REPLY"  section to a thread.  I noticed that this happens only when i have couple of paragraphs that fill up the visible portion of the REPLY  section.  I searched the net, without much clues on how to fix it, though there seem to be many others who have similar problem (but not exactly the same as i am describing).  I am on Macbook running Mavricks with Safari 9.0.2 version.

• Like 2

that stinks, as a fellow Mac user I'm using Firefox (43.0.4) and its working fine.  A year or so ago after an update the spell checker stopped working on this site, then with another update it came back. 

Nice thing about Firefox is the addons like Addblockplus and youtubemp3podcaster which allows me to turn youtubes into mp3's, which I do quite a bit.  Lately long lectures from Ajahn Brahm and earlier some nice hypnotic scripts.  Nice to store them on an ipod for future listening. 

• Like 1

Same here and with the newest update for OS X.

I did not update my OS, but remember that i updated  Safari to latest.   Since i did not have this problem before few months, i suspect  this is a Safari  issue.   I have searched the net  a bit, and others have reported somewhat similar problem  (but not while  posting a message).   It maybe  the way safari is interacting  with the  Forum server,  and it is possible that the  Webmaster  can fix  this by looking at the HTML/JS  code  in relation with safari.   This is very irritating  and hopefully  someone  in  this forum  management  will read this thread.