mwight

How do YOU define enlightenment? How do you know when your enlightened?

You're enlightened when you're really really angry, instead of just grumpy.

h

DElighte(n)d B)

Edited by rain

Yee-oowwww! :lol::lol:

mbanu!!, good to hear from you! :D:D:D

Long time, where have you been???

B)

I've been around, I just have less to say nowadays. :)

I am just curious of others thoughts and opinions, on what constitutes enlightenment, and how one knows when one is enlightened.

One knows one is enlightened when one is aware of of the self in the Tao.

An excellent distillation of enlightenment in that video, sean. Thanks. Paraphrasing..."it's the quality of the enlightenment experience that determines how well one will carry it into their life". Straight up.

An excellent distillation of enlightenment in that video, sean. Thanks. Paraphrasing..."it's the quality of the enlightenment experience that determines how well one will carry it into their life". Straight up.

How did you get that out of what he said? I think it was something more like "All that really matters with an enlightenment experience is how much of the egoic consciousness drops away, because thats what you live with." My memory is probably just as flawed as yours though. Makes one wonder about the sutras and bible and whatnot, doesn't it? Written years after the fact. We're writing minutes after the fact. Though if a disciple got the message, their pointing would be spot on as well.

one is enlightened when one becomes aware that one is irrelevant. :D

Your posting of your post undermines your post bean! A true master you are indeed! :D

One would be amused if one was not aware that one is irrelevant. Yet in being aware of aforementioned irrelevance, has not one manifested the relevance of one to one's awareness?

One has a headache.

Profundity is overrated. I prefer pancakes.

I will take a stack of Pancakes over enlightenment any day myself.

Of course...that view might change at some point :)

Yo Father Paul,

Pass the Syrup this Way

We'll hit that stack at dawn.

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

How did you get that out of what he said? I think it was something more like "All that really matters with an enlightenment experience is how much of the egoic consciousness drops away, because thats what you live with."

How did you not understand what I wrote? Allow me me to put it more plainly...the quality of an enlightenment experience is determined by the amount of of ego lost in the experience.

Better now?

How did you not understand what I wrote? Allow me me to put it more plainly...the quality of an enlightenment experience is determined by the amount of of ego lost in the experience.

Better now?

I thought I understood what were trying to say, but the words were something else. Tiny little differences, sometimes make a big difference.

Yo Father Paul,

I miss the dude.

Of course...that view might change at some point :)

We've noted that Cam. Yet you wouldn't be a proper Cam if you were not a bit eccentric. :D

Peace,

I miss the dude.

Peace,

me too

you know his poems are online?

I read them from time to time.

Sometimes I wonder like: what would fatherpaul have thought of this..

waahh!

sniff sniff