Bindi

Less than perfect Guru's

I would consider myself mostly unbiased about Amma, if anything i might have had a slight pro-Amma bias.

Reading up on Amma, i wouldn't discount her energy transmission, but i would question the Indian guru/ashram model. Too much money, too much power, and these guru's are seemingly worse off at the end of the trip than at the beginning.

Amma's indiscretions are not at all in the same class as previously mentioned gurus, but nor is she squeaky clean. I guess if you get a lot out of it, you have to accept that Amma has human failings, magnified by the temptations to earthly power that are her current reality.

Personally I don't think you will ever find a more ideal Guru than Amma, she pretty much devotes every breath to help humanity and you don't necessarily have to enter into a relationship with her in the traditional way, in realty she never asks anything of you and only gives.

Most of the accusations mentioned in the link above against her have been debunked but there is one lady who accuses her of abuse in a book, I personally doubt it's authenticity and most of those others mentioned in the book don't corroborate but I accept that it is possible that it is true. I agree though that it is important to see the humanity in all and accept human failings.

well we don't exactly and each have a separate God principle within us, for it is really us beyond only apparent forms (human or otherwise) of separation. And yes (up to a point) there is a separate 'I' of egotism but beyond that there is a non-separate 'Eye' of God.

Edited by 3bob

This is an interview with a former student of Muktananda, when he was still residing in India before all the controversy and so forth.  Its pretty interesting stuff.  He doesnt white wash anything or do any apologizing or anything like that either.