Sahaj Nath

Got Ego?

there is something called super-ego according to psycology and jung i think. super - ego is good in comparison to Ego .

It gets worse! :huh: Now I'm not saying a word but is this funny, annoying or what?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a2m5JSn1Mo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a2m5JSn1Mo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a2m5JSn1Mo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wow this thread got totally off track hahah

yeah, didn't it, though?

i guess it happens. whatevs. :P

I found an article written by a teacher of mine that talks about the "death of the ego" i think what he said is on par with what Hundun was talking about in the initial post

http://www.kundaliniawakeningsystems1.com/...ath-of-ego.html

what do you guys think?

nice!

reading him makes it seem so obvious to me that this whole "death of the ego" idea was really a guy thing. :lol:

"As far as existing without an ego, yes, 'coma' patients do it quite well."

;)

"As far as existing without an ego, yes, 'coma' patients do it quite well.'

It is certainly true that all unenlightened beings function through the faculty of ego mind, but perhaps it is being somewhat anthropocentric to conclude that this continues to be the case when enlightenment has been realized.

Besides, the question of ego 'death', or dissolving of the ego can be considered metaphorical language to convey the idea of the transcending of the dualistic ego mindset to realize that of transcendent oneness. The enlightened state would contain all egos, but this state could never be realized for any ego that was not prepared to come to an 'end' in order for the 'birth' of the transcended state.

He who would try and save their life (ego) will lose it, but for those who are prepared to lay down their life (ego) for God (oneness) will have eternal life. Luke 9.24

The ego wants to have the cake and eat it too. :unsure:

Edited by Ben D

"As far as existing without an ego, yes, 'coma' patients do it quite well.'

It is certainly true that all unenlightened beings function through the faculty of ego mind, but perhaps it is being somewhat anthropocentric to conclude that this continues to be the case when enlightenment has been realized.

Besides, the question of ego 'death', or dissolving of the ego can be considered metaphorical language to convey the the idea of the transcending of the dualistic ego mindset to realize that of transcendent oneness. The enlightened state would contain all egos, but this state could never be realized for any ego that was not prepared to come to an 'end' in order for the 'birth' of the transcended state.

He who would try and save their life (ego) will lose it, but for those who are prepared to lay down their life (ego) for God (oneness) will have eternal life. Luke 9.24

The ego want to have the cake and eat it too. :unsure:

the enlightened state isn't very difficult to realize if you have the most simple of understandings. the hard thing is getting it to stick. the bodhi mind is fully present right now, for everyone, in every moment. the existence of the ego mind doesn't change that. the more we exotify and distance ourselves from that which is already ever-present, the further off the mark we are in our path work. IMO.

did you read chrism's article? he was making the point that "ego death" is a metaphor that got misinterpreted. i was making the same point.

it's not the death of the ego structure, but rather the surrender of the egoic *identity* that yields realization.

the enlightened state isn't very difficult to realize if you have the most simple of understandings. the hard thing is getting it to stick. the bodhi mind is fully present right now, for everyone, in every moment. the existence of the ego mind doesn't change that. the more we exotify and distance ourselves from that which is already ever-present, the further off the mark we are in our path work. IMO.

did you read chrism's article? he was making the point that "ego death" is a metaphor that got misinterpreted. i was making the same point.

it's not the death of the ego structure, but rather the surrender of the egoic *identity* that yields realization.

Yes, read the article and agreed with some of it, though not all.

The sticking point is the one you point out, realizing the enlightened state as an experience is one thing, getting it to stick permanently is another altogether.

It is my understanding the Kundalini process when complete, results in permanent enlightenment, a Tathagata,...one who has gone, one who disappears from this world,.. for ever.

I died as a mineral and became a plant;

I died as a plant and rose to animal;

I died as animal and I was a man.

Why should I fear?

When was I less by dying?

Yet once more I shall die as man to soar...

With angels blest.

But even from an angel I must pass on:

All except God must perish.

When I have sacrificed my angel soul,

I shall become what no mind ever conceived.

JALALUDDIN RUMI

The sticking point is the one you point out, realizing the enlightened state as an experience is one thing, getting it to stick permanently is another altogether.

It is my understanding the Kundalini process when complete, results in permanent enlightenment, a Tathagata,...one who has gone, one who disappears from this world,.. for ever.

I died as a mineral and became a plant;

I died as a plant and rose to animal;

I died as animal and I was a man.

Why should I fear?

When was I less by dying?

Yet once more I shall die as man to soar...

With angels blest.

But even from an angel I must pass on:

All except God must perish.

When I have sacrificed my angel soul,

I shall become what no mind ever conceived.

JALALUDDIN RUMI

Yes very cool. Now let's just cut through the shit and get down to it!

Star_Gate.jpg

Untitled-106.jpg

spiral1.gif

wolov_2.jpg

Untitled-27455.jpg

sun.jpg

Untitled-220.jpg

quote of the year from one of her videos:

and non duality is like HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL in the hindu persuasion

non duality, that's like OH HOT STUFF, NON -DUALITY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ynqi1SLeAU...feature=related

its worth watching for the crazy emphasis she puts on certain words

also she has a PRAY HILARY INTO OFFICE yahoo group :lol:

I thought you left this Forum for good. Hmm...female attachment to Yang energy? ;)

There is always an ego lurking inside of us. Chod is a good way of trying to get rid of it. But hard to practice that while living in society.

Put out an incense stick against your skull to purify karma and destroy the ego-mind. My head:

14sp53d.jpg

I am nothing, I am dust, I am empty, durkhrod chogori/Gerard is waste, rubbish, a pile of walking bones and flesh, a cadaver!!!!!

:)

Namo Amitabha Buddha.

my understanding of enlightenment is different. kundalini has more to do with evolution than it does enlightenment. IMO.

realization of ever-present is not an experience. ALL experiences are finite. ever-present is ever-present.

but whatevs. this texture of the discussion is useless. words are necessarily dual, and as such, they fail. besides, my highest viewpoint is still only from halfway up the mountain. :lol::rolleyes:

take care.

I am nothing, I am dust, I am empty, durkhrod chogori/Gerard is waste, rubbish, a pile of walking bones and flesh, a cadaver!!!!!

You are so much more than dust.

Fractal-k785.jpg

LayeredFractal34363643644.jpg

EarthSpirit-.jpg

Untitled-102.jpg

nico13.jpg

spaceoddity.jpg

e45f7c98-3be9-486a-8ac1-75ec0cd2b17.jpg

Patrick Brown,

dude, what is it with you? what do you think your explicit photos are accomplishing? not everyone who who is on TTB is an adult, and even if they were, I, at least, wouldn't appreciate it.

given the places you've been spiritually, sometimes you sort of prove my point as the perfect example of what can happen if the ego isn't strong, disciplined and healthy!

Patrick Brown,

dude, what is it with you? what do you think your explicit photos are accomplishing? not everyone who who is on TTB is an adult, and even if they were, I, at least, wouldn't appreciate it.

given the places you've been spiritually, sometimes you sort of prove my point as the perfect example of what can happen if the ego isn't strong, disciplined and healthy!

letting go of attachments seems like an important step in spiritual practices.

so how can one have relationships, a spouse especially, without being attached?