Infolad1

The Energy Cultivator's Handbook

Cool!! :D

Red Pine's translation is also excellent.

Thomas Cleary's translation of "The Secret of the Golden Flower" is also required reading, and more importantly,

required for effective practice.

The Secret of the Golden Flower Kindle Edition

https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Golden-Flower-Thomas-Cleary-ebook/dp/B0BQYL1ZSB/ref=sr_1_2?crid=OWU1IVIXWNIQ&keywords=secret+of+the+golden+flower&qid=1673398625&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjIzIiwicXNhIjoiMi40NSIsInFzcCI6IjIuNTkifQ%3D%3D&s=books&sprefix=secret+of+the+%2Cstripbooks%2C135&sr=1-2

All of them attempt to help the practitioner grasp the ungraspable. It MUST be directly experienced. Directly realized.

This is the only truth. Everything else is illusion and delusion. 

Enjoy!! Cheers!! :D

On 1/10/2023 at 6:41 PM, Infolad1 said:

Hi, yugenphoenix,

Exactly!! As a teacher, I'm always having to repackage things. The problem nowadays is that people are so busy and preoccupied,
they don't have the time, or energy to cultivate (that's intentional!;))

I can barely get my Tai Chi Quan students to stand for 15 minutes total a week, at home, let alone twice a day! :lol:

But as you said, it IS all good. Every One in their own time. :D

It may take me a few years, but I will finish this book list. 

I'm in the US. I live in Philadelphia, PA.

Tom Campbell is OUTSTANDING!! 

I advise folks that are ready to get his new program, with his custom binaural beats:

Exploring Consciousness and the Larger Reality with Thomas Campbell

https://mysoundwise.com/soundcasts/1639695455662s

In the early 1970s, Campbell, along with Dennis Mennerich, an electrical engineer, collaborated with Robert A. Monroe to scientifically study the out-of-body experience (OOBE). (Note: As Tom Campbell himself has noted, the term OBE is inaccurate. 

You project your consciousness to points other than your body. The truth is that we're never IN the body. The body, brain, 

etc. are Virtual, aka Samsara, Maya, etc., as we've been told for 1000s of years).

This became known as the Hemi-Sync System and is the foundational tech of the Monroe Institute.

The Monroe Institute, along with Ingo Swann, Hal Puthoff, and Russell Targ, taught members of the Government's Stargate program how to remote view, as detailed in the excellent "Remote Viewers":

Remote Viewers: The Secret History of America's Psychic Spies Kindle Edition by Jim Schnabel

https://www.amazon.com/Remote-Viewers-History-Americas-Psychic-ebook/dp/B004JN1CSS/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1673393219&sr=1-1

The CIA had an analyst research the system. His findings became the report that is known as 

“Analysis and Assessment of The Gateway Process”. Here's a two-part Vice series about it.

Be sure to download the report from the second article link below. that has the missing page 25 in it.

Part1 - How to Escape the Confines of Time and Space According to the CIA

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7k9qag/how-to-escape-the-confines-of-time-and-space-according-to-the-cia

Part2 - Found: Page 25 of the CIA’s Gateway Report on Astral Projection

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7e4g3/found-page-25-of-the-cias-gateway-report-on-astral-projection

His analysis was based on the science of Itzhak Bentov. The following is from Wikipedia:

"Itzhak "Ben" Bentov (also Ben-Tov; Hebrew: יצחק בנטוב; August 9, 1923 – May 25, 1979) was an Israeli American scientist, inventor, mystic and author. His many inventions, including the steerable cardiac catheter, helped pioneer the biomedical engineering industry. He was also an early proponent of what has come to be referred to as consciousness studies and authored several books on the subject.

Bentov was killed in the crash of American Airlines Flight 191 shortly after takeoff from Chicago O'Hare Airport in 1979, which remains the worst non-terrorism-related aviation disaster to have taken place on US soil."

His most famous book:

Stalking the Wild Pendulum: On the Mechanics of Consciousness by Itzhak Bentov

https://www.amazon.com/Stalking-Wild-Pendulum-Mechanics-Consciousness/dp/0892812028/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3FITY9U374GKX&keywords=itzhak+bentov&qid=1673392190&s=books&sprefix=itzhak%2Cstripbooks%2C111&sr=1-3

Here's an Interview with Bentov that's on YouTube:

Itzhak Bentov ~ From Atom To Cosmos

So in summary, Parallel Dimensions, Non-Human Entities, Time Travel, and the esoteric practices and texts of Taoism, Buddhism, Yoga, etc. were all confirmed as having actual "reality" and scientific validity back in the 80s.

Current catchphrases and movements like "Disclosure" and "Ascension" are late to the party. :D

The above will be enough for folks to work with, for now.

Thanks again for the kind words. Cheers!!

It’s so amazing to me how the flow of things work 😃 

I have not been on Dao Bums in so long, and even then for just a peek back to check things out (I don’t have notifications on)…honestly been mostly a lurker here lol but have derived so much of value over the years from this forum 🙇‍♂️🙏 and then today I am reading “Teachings of Tibetan Yoga” and encountered an untranslated book (“The Red Book of Heat Yoga”) and thought posting here and I might find someone with some insight where to find it.

But on logging on I find a response to my post from TWO years ago posted just last week from you and you live so close to me! I am near State College, PA.

Anyway strange this world, perhaps our paths might cross one of these days. I’m a vagabond seeker, just feeling my way thru, but I think we might both enjoy a conversation if the chance arouse. 

Thanks for the response and the links! Can’t wait to explore more about Tom Campbell…it seems right for him to be back in my thoughts, maybe just what I need right now 🙂

And yes difficult to find time for cultivation, lots of ways our precious attention and awareness are pulled between family and work, my primary responsibilities and various other distractions from the carnival of sights this digital, connected, immersive world entangles us with. It requires a deep commitment and discipline that is sadly rarely found. It’s a lonely path but that’s a necessary thing as you “untangle” yourself from the Matrix 😉

• Like 1

It's unbelievable how lazy these people are, they can't do it for fifteen minutes a week

When I practice Wuwei the most, I have to practice more than ten hours a day.

I also practice at least one or two hours a day.

If you practice for an hour or two a day, there is no way to improve.

Because it takes two hours to practice one session, and three sessions a day to improve.

No wonder I have been talking about inaction here for a long time, but no one can understand it. It turns out that everyone is so lazy.

真不可思議,這些人懶到這種程度,每個星期十五分鐘都做不到

我練無為法最用功的時候,一天要練十幾個小時。

我最少一天也要練一兩個小時。

一天練一兩個小時,根本沒辦法進步。

因為練一場功就要兩小時,一天要練三場才能進步。

難怪我在這裡講無為講了半天,沒什麼人聽得懂,原來大家都這麼懶惰。

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2023 at 10:20 PM, awaken said:

It turns out that everyone is so lazy.

I would not say lazy as much as some people have jobs,families etc that takes up all their day. Not everyone has 6 hours each day to spend on something I dont think we are all retired and get pensions. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WitheringTree said:

I would not say lazy as much as some people have jobs,families etc that takes up all their day. Not everyone has 6 hours each day to spend on something I dont think we are all retired and get pensions. 

If you don't have time, don't say you want to practice. Practicing originally takes time.

There is no such thing as a free lunch in the world, and the same goes for cultivation.

That's why there are many people who practice, but few achievers.

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

Hi, Everyone,

I hope that everyone is well.

I just saw some of these posts from January about practice time. I apologize in advance for the length of this post,

but the following needs to be said. Your cultivation work can be destroyed by this type of attitude in a heartbeat. 

Cultivators have to be really wary of indulging in what's known as "The Stink of Zen",

when talking about other people's practice, or talking about their practice.

You practice for as long as you can practice. if you're sincere, It'll work. It'll just take you

longer to get to various stages, which is fine. We have to give the body time to adapt to the various upgrades that it receives

as we do the work. 

We also have to gradually let go of the ego, as the work is done.

The ego is a mental construct. Not real. Only the awareness functioning through these virtual vehicles we use is real.

THIS is the major impediment to progress. A LOT of energy is trapped in maintaining this construct. The goal

is to GRADUALLY let go of the personality (from the Latin persona, meaning "human being, person, personage; a part in a drama, assumed character," originally "a mask, a false face"), so that the true Self is revealed.

There is nothing to become. We're ALREADY Superman, believing that we're Clark Kent.  So the solution is simple...

...Clark's gotta go! :lol: (I'm kidding! We need Clark, in order to function in our 3D world. But once we're awake to who we really are, we're now like Superman. He uses Clark as an "Alter Ego", in order to stay grounded and be in the world, but not of the world.

So don't be a flake! ;))

The ego wants to survive. It doesn't want to "die". So it uses a number of tricks and misdirects, in order to keep our self delusion going. :D 

One of the best Lies that it comes up with is that because we meditate for hours on end, and don't live like "the profane", that we're now somehow "Spiritual", "Evolved", and "Superior" to those poor slobs who can't get their act together, and can only manage 15 minutes a week.

THIS is the stink of Zen. A spiritual snobbery and elitism that just reeks of ego, and is not true cultivation. 

A TRUE Zhenren (perfected person aka Superman) treats others with poise, calm, good nature, and allows them their dignity.

Because they KNOW that EVERYONE is ALREADY a Zhenren. The majority of people are just "asleep" to this fact...for now.:D

This is the ONLY difference between the "enlightened" and everyone else. 

If we have to tell people that we're enlightened or awakened...then we're not. People know this intuitively and tend to gravitate towards these people. But you have to be careful with this observation, because psychopaths and sociopaths tend to be very charismatic and also attract followings! :lol::mellow:

Most of my students don't do their standing postures consistently. I good naturedly tease them about it,

but I don't humiliate them, or insult them. Who learns from that? Just be an example for others. The power of 

your Qi, your Spirit, will move them to practice more, if it is their time to do so. It may not be time for them yet.

Some people wake up in a few years. Some in a few lifetimes. Unless we're awake, we don't know.

Ideally should we have a practice schedule? Yes. Should we be anal retentive and dogmatic about maintaining it?

No. Life happens. We should always be relaxed, flexible, and natural in the execution of our daily tasks. Do we cultivate

discipline? Yes, but be natural about it, not rigid.

I remember one of my teachers talking about this, years ago. "A guy meditates at the same time everyday, without fail.

His house is burning down, but he keeps his meditation schedule!" :lol: He was telling us to avoid being too rigid and dogmatic

about our practice. If we're doing it right, our daily life becomes practice. Our sleep becomes practice. So we're ALWAYS practicing!

Life is practice. We learn to live life correctly (loving, caring for, and wishing the best for one another). This dissolves the ego and allows us to live happily ever after as our Self. Life still brings "Drama", but now we're at peace and joyful for the peace in the face of it. This enables us to activate our various powers to now be able to successfully overcome life's challenges.

If we don't understand this, then we have no business labeling people as "lazy". Who are we to judge others?

WHO is it that meditates? WHO is it that practices?

Cultivators have to stay mindful in order to prevent the development of personality disorders. Narcissistic Personality Disorder is one you tend to see a lot of in spiritual cultivators and groups. A number of "gurus" are spiritual megalomaniacs. The ego will take you on a very bad trip, if you don't learn to ignore it, and stop feeding it energy. Don't feed the Animals! LOL!! 

TL;DR version: Don't be a "Spiritual" snob. Loving and caring for our fellow man and woman is loving and caring for our Self. Life is practice, and practice makes perfect, once you know what practice is and what you're practicing to be.

Cheers!

(P.S. More book reviews next week!:D

• Like 2

Hi, Everyone,

As an addendum to the previous post, keep in mind that you can still develop powers and

abilities, and not be a nice person. But to use Star Wars terminology, do you want to be a Jedi or a Sith Lord?

Superiority complexes and the need to control and hurt people come from fear. As Master Yoda said: “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

True power comes from peace. No Thing. Because in No Thing is Every Thing as a potential. A possibility. It's why awareness/consciousness is immaterial. A thing is a limited structure. In order to have unlimited ability to be, know, and do,

there can't be any structure, not even a thought. 

So No Thing creates itself first, then differentiates into two (Yin and Yang), then four, then eight, sixteen, thirty two, sixty-four, infinitely permutating into the 10,000 things aka reality.

The goal is to experience this infinite differentiation, while maintaining our original state of unity at the core of our being.

"Good" maintains the unity of the all to the One. "Evil" is just that which breaks the unity of the all to the One.

Evil happens when you think that you're separate from everything and everyone. If you're "other", then I can do things to you, because you're not me. Evil generates I not we. Now it's "Us" versus "Them".

Good is the understanding that when one of us suffers, we all suffer. When a homeless man dies on the street, WE'RE dying on the street. When people get killed in a war overseas, WE'RE getting killed in a war overseas. Good is wishing the best for everyone, doing what you can to help your fellow man and woman, because you know that they're you, and you're them.

Cultivation for a lot of people is a power fantasy, like Superheroes or Dragonball Z. If they get "powers", then they can beat up those "Others" that wronged them. Or better yet, escape to another reality, so that I don't have to deal with The Others.

This is not cultivation.

As I said in the previous post, if you're not clear on what you're supposed to be cultivating, the ego will take you for a ride that will end VERY badly.

Jedi or Sith Lord? It's YOUR choice. As the Grail knight said in "Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade": "Choose Wisely".

Cheers!

• Like 2