Sign in to follow this  
flowing hands

Verse 94

Lei Erh gives us some ideas about what he thinks on this subject and it is an important one.

He does do that.  And Chuang Tzu expounds on it even more.

• Like 1

To me natural government is based on family. dad, mom, brothers, sisters and if you are the youngest you know the pecking order very quickly. Internal government is about who is leading is it the ego or the spirit.

Politics is a lower level understanding of the world based on conflict and separation. Separation is key because it is also the bases for western medicine not treating the whole organism. Politicly not serving all of humanity and why we have special interest groups that need lobbyist to pass laws for a finite group. 

The great sages have left many tools for proper government of the people but the people are all of humanity so we fail.

• Like 3

Internal government is about who is leading is it the ego or the spirit.

I wanted to repeat and highlight this as I feel it is very important.

The great sages have left many tools for proper government of the people but the people are all of humanity so we fail.

Isn't that the truth?  We have recorded history of humankind describing all the successes and failures of humanity but we keep making the same mistakes over and over again.  Doesn't say much for the wisdom of man.

• Like 3

In days gone by it would be people like me who would advise and lead people in their daily lives. It is  a shame that today politicians are not firstly spiritual masters....second thoughts most spiritual masters I wouldn't trust them to look after my grannies old false teeth, let alone millions of peoples lives!!!

• Like 4

In days gone by it would be people like me who would advise and lead people in their daily lives.

This I can very much agree with because you referred to the spiritual and not to the religious.

I think it is fair to say that once humanity moved beyond the spiritual into the realms of religions and politics is when we screwed up.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 4

Going back to the chapter, there is more to it than what is said.

We have an understanding that a human or any other life form can clear themselves and be cleared of all things, a bit like the master in Chuang Tzu when he confronted the shaman. They can enter into a state that will show them true realization, a true picture of seeing the world how the Dao nourishes all things and drives the universe to be what it is.

This is ultimate nei gong; one has joined with the Dao and the spirit essence. This is a real thing for I have personally experienced these things. One cannot get any higher in ones development once this is achieved, until the body dies. One realises that the body is just a limitation and the spirit can be and transform into anything and realise true freedom.

• Like 2

This is ultimate nei gong; one has joined with the Dao and the spirit essence. This is a real thing for I have personally experienced these things. One cannot get any higher in ones development once this is achieved, until the body dies. One realises that the body is just a limitation and the spirit can be and transform into anything and realise true freedom.

If I follow your construction of:  Spirit > Dao > Ten Thousand

Joining with Dao:

Dao/Ten Thousand is an inseparable pair; likely starting as a singularity ready to divide, which defined all manifest unfolding; A law (dao) which defined life (then thousand).

Joining with Spirit Essence:

As quickly as Spirit Essence produces Dao, joining to Dao is by default joining to spirit essence?

Is Spirit Essence/Dao an inseparable pairing too?

Flowing Hands, between the extremes of magic tricks (lighting paper on fire, levitation, etc.) and body limiting spirit powers lies the healing arts and use of psychic powers to give spiritual guidance.

What do the Immortals have to say about such things? Such as giving people a "taste of the Dao" when appropriate and energy healing?

Firstly I would not call it psychic powers, this word is a western description and has connotations of 'crank' and the like. Being taught and talking to spirits is a natural phenomenon practiced by peoples for many thousand's of years. It does involve the spirit giving you power that's for sure and then it is up to you to use that power wisely. Of course the main reason for being a holyman is to help people and this can take on many differing ways. You are obviously referring to JC and the setting alight of the paper. This sort of thing is very feeble compared to the power of an Immortal. An Immortal possesses the power to create planets and the like. Showing off is not the way and it surprises me that he should do this. But many Daoist sects don't use the DDJ as their underpinning knowledge and guidance. To use power when needed and for the right purpose is right, to use it for mere display is like showing off and of course there will always be someone else who is better than you. 

• Like 2

These are the verses that Lei Erh Xian Shi (Long Lobed Immortal Master), (Lao Tzu) wrote but were never kept or used in the DDJ. Lei Erh is one of my Teachers and he decided he would teach me the verses that were never used and discarded. He is teaching me the verses up to 108.

You can download for free the transmitted version of the DDJ from my site, there are some differences to most others.

Hi, I'm new here and looking for your transmitted version. Tried to access your site but not successful. I'd be grateful if you can share a copy with me. Thanks

He is still a member but doesn't come on-line very often.  Maybe send him a PM or maybe someone who reads this has a downloaded copy they can share with you.

I'll try to contact him whether he wants that to circulate.

I have already contacted Flowing Hands.  I have forwarded Flowing Hands' response to mettanoob.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this