Horus

Mixing Kunlun with Fire Path?

Max makes it pretty clear that he suggests NOT mixing Kunlun with Fire Path work?

Does anyone have exprerience with this? Have you practiced Kunlun with other Neigong of Fire Path Nature?

I'd consider Mantak Chia's Fusion & Kan & Li work to be Fire Path - has anyone mixed Mantak Chia's Fusion & Kan & Li work with Kunlun?

Did you explode? lol

p43, Kunlun System by Max Christensen

kunlun_snap.png

• Like 1

How does he define "Fire Path" and "Water Path"?

Well, a basic paraphrasing would be that "in the Fire Path, one creates the upward flow of fire originating in the perineum, representing the flow of Earth up toward Heaven. In the Water Path, one creates a downward flow of water originating in the Heart and represents the "essence of Heavenly Way"".

His key concern is stated as not wanting to flow water down and fire up through the same track (Sushumna/Chong Mai/Thrusting Channel) with the two energies "colliding"...

So, Fire Path - Fire up Sushumna (ie Kundalini work, Kriya Yoga, any work taking fire up Chong Mai)

Water Path - Water down Sushumna...

"For those who practice various forms of yoga, a “don’t” method is Bikram (hot) yoga, bastrika methods or various forms of kundalini. The reason is that with Kunlun, we are practicing the “Water path” or downward flow through the spine, while others methods are the upward or “fire’ path. The Kunlun path is gentle, peaceful, without using force, while the fire path is more aggressive in nature, meant to open the chakras through alternate nostril breathing, fire breathing and other fire based practices.
Now kriya yoga will work fine with Kunlun, as long as the practices are separated by at least four hours. White tantric kundalini that uses mantras is also fine. Emptiness methods, laughing methods, mantras, other Taoist methods like five elements, pole standing and Chinese martial arts can also compliment this art."

Max Quoted from http://www.primordialalchemist.com/blog/kunlun-dos-and-donts/

So, "other Taoist methods like five elements" - I wonder if that covers Fusion of the Five Elements....probably, as there is no direction of energy or the pearl up Chong Mai until Cosmic Fusion where there is a definite rise of fire up the central channel/chongmai/sushumna...

I know with my practice it's similar to kunlun.

It's not magnetic but it spins the energy clockwise but only after it builds the chi in the lower and upper dantians.

• Like 2

Dragon and Tiger are going to mix eventually in a complete path

Yang from heaven magnetizes at Niwan, comes down and eventually goes back up (think TaiJi Pole)

Yang has a little Yin and Yin has a little Yang

Kundalini is fire but is advantageous to mix it with the cooling Conception meridian

• Like 2

Dragon and Tiger are going to mix eventually in a complete path

Yang from heaven magnetizes at Niwan, comes down and eventually goes back up (think TaiJi Pole)

Yang has a little Yin and Yin has a little Yang

Kundalini is fire but is advantageous to mix it with the cooling Conception meridian

Yes, this keeps coming to me whilst trying to reconcile it.

I keep seeing a path unfolding in my mind, over a long reference period.

I keep getting an image of bringing Heaven energy down and earth energy up and the two yin and yang streams mixing in LDT, but then that mixing point ascends to MDT after a time (once a tipping point is reached),  and then to UDT after a time - and then, after a time all three merge into one big center and the merging expansion continues out into the cosmos.

So, whilst I understand the analogy of trains crashing into each other on the same track...I'm a bit confused as I see the mixing of yin and yang as a primordial return...a good thing.

Maybe Max has it there as a safety for the beginner? Not to mix them too fast, too much at a time...?

With internal projection when I have seen yin energy (just tiny sparks not a river :)) ascend rapidly to meet a rapidly descending yang spark - the two dance together and become one at which point they build tremendous power and surge through the channels (the yang spark came from behind ming men though not down through the crown, and the yin "spark" up through huiyin).

But I'd suppose if those sparks were exponentially larger or more numerous it would be intense to say the least...

Rocket Fuel!

Sotg, you're making me want to do things that my spirit coaxes me toward.

Maybe I should just throw caution to the wind!!? lol

enginer-extremely-dangerous-work.jpg

I don't really know the answers here, but for what it's worth, I have some experience mixing different systems that don't work well together (Kunlun method, and another which is considered a fire path). They basically can't be practiced within the same half of a day. Most people wouldn't notice any problems at first and would just push ahead, but in my experience it essentially canceled out the positive effects of both systems (whereas the benefits would have been there if they had been done on their own), and slowly started to cause a negative effect which would accumulate.

One system cultivates the body a certain way...another system cultivates the body in an entirely different way...sometimes the two ways don't work in harmony and you'd be best choosing one method of development. Especially considering that practicing both causes the effects to cancel each other out...we do all of this spiritual stuff in order to achieve something, so what's the point if our goals aren't reached? Sometimes methods of cultivation require coherency in order to be effective...adding more methods upon methods might just make a bunch of random noise, internally. Think about a farmer who is trying to grow a garden in the midst of a pig pen...it's not smart, right? Keep them separate for the better effect. Only do one for the best (most coherent) effect...a farm that specializes in pigs is better at that particular thing, than a farm that does a little bit of everything.

We tend to come to spiritual or healing practices with this assumption that all bodies work the same, energetically...but in fact, there are very different forms of cultivation out there. There are different types of human bodies resulting from different methods of cultivation.

One particular thing that I recall Max saying not to practice with Kunlun...alternate nostril breathing. I had a bad experience with that and would never mix the two again (within the same day).

All this being said, the Kunlun system has a lot of fire methods, as well, to be learned by those who end up going to apprentice or other training with Max. For some reason all of those practices seem work in pretty good harmony with one another, as compared to mixing fire practices from certain other systems with Kunlun.

• Like 3

Great reply, Aeth..thanks.

I was hoping to come to that conclusion based on what I've intuited thus far, so its nice to hear from you :)

My alternate nostril breathing practice was the main point of contention for me, as it whips up a huge amount of rising internal fire through chong mai.

I'd come to that (not on the same day) conclusion for some of my other practices already, so your post was a nice jigsaw piece along with Sotg's post above - and some kind words from JoeBlast on email :)

Like anything, a balanced approach, coupled with a firm intention for what you are trying to actually achieve (and where you want to get to) with each practice, and all practice generally.

So, to y'all:

1.png

I'll see you in eternity -_- 

• Like 1

Though, having said that - I'm sure once I do master it all - I'll be mixing the two just to see what happens....

19g0dq9wnp8aijpg.jpg

• Like 2

You see there is much that is very misunderstood still about alchemy , kung fu, and neigong in general.

Shaolin is a buddhist monastery that put very powerful alchemy in kung fu. Thus real spiritual enlightenment thru martial arts became possible. 

This began internally powerful martial styles and sects.

And rainbow body thru kung fu was and is possible.

The temples were martializing meditations so they guard the internal teachings.

Kung fu was to safe guard the teachings of Buddha.