cheya

Night Walking: peripheral vision and consciousness

How developing peripheral vision affects consciousness. This is HUGE! 

Here is one of the most fascinating reads I've recently come across. (Thank you, bojole!)

You could skip the eye physiology and just scroll down to where he starts talking about the Japanese master Musashi and how his writing inspired the "nightwalking" practice they developed. 

From there on it gets REALLY interesting! Shades of Castaneda!

http://www.navaching.com/hawkeen/nwalk.html

• Like 7

How developing peripheral vision affects consciousness. This is HUGE! 

Here is one of the most fascinating reads I've recently come across. (Thank you, bojole!)

You could skip the eye physiology and just scroll down to where he starts talking about the Japanese master Musashi and how his writing inspired the "nightwalking" practice they developed. 

From there on it gets REALLY interesting! Shades of Castaneda!

http://www.navaching.com/hawkeen/nwalk.html

At one time I would walk through the Jemez mountains here in New Mexico on moonless nights. Also climbing in and out of canyons with some narrow boundaries that were rock faces all with no flashlight, but relying on night vision and feel. I am lucky I didn't encounter any Western Diamond Back rattlers. :lol:

• Like 2

That looks interesting .... I will give it a proper read later.

peripheral vision and night vision.... two things I used in  my training. Peripheral vision and 'spherical awareness' were developed by practising against multiple assailant attacks and years of motorcycling  including a motorcycle telegram { remember those ? } boy  weaving between buses and container trucks up and down King St  and through the '5 ways' about 20 times a day

newtown-centre-nsw.jpg

Night walking ... well, I live on the country and have no mains electricity. Many times I have walked to a friends place - or just out walking - by starlight and vegetation silhouette  against the starlit sky. 

Then there are the Okinawan 'night fighting' techniques .       http://avengersdantai.net/KusankuMeaning.htm

:ph34r:

• Like 2

Bumped because this is just awesome

Yes it is. We use this technique in our Stillness-Movement practice; I've been teaching it for over 30 years. Removes the blinders - extends perception. Combined with raising the energy body vibration, it extends multidimensional. Doesn't have to be just at night, works 24/7, it is just that at night it is easier to SEE, at least initially.

However, I advocate common sense in all practices, and if one doesn't know where he/she is putting their feet or what is in front of them or coming at them, are they using common sense?

• Like 2

Very interesting read. I also keep coming across mention of the Mushashi book....Universe trying to tell me something, probably....