Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

What is The Good Life?

How do you define The Good Life? 

I've always thought Americans tend to be too focused on Things, thrills, other things that begin with T'..   I admire the European ideal of slowing life down, the importance of sharing a simple meal with friends and family.  Which to me epitomizes the good life.  Sitting down enjoying good food, good conversation; with the conversation being the most important part. 

Course we can't do that all the time, but its a shame we don't make the time and effort to do it more often.  Another part of the good life would be a creative outlet.  Preferably what you do for a living, otherwise a hobby, something you do and grow with; something that stretches your mind a bit, turns you into a creator, not just a user. 

• Like 1

It's all perspective. We all have the capacity to like the things we don't like. The more nondualistic I become the more it doesn't really matter what I do. It's great :).

• Like 2

I simply define the "good life" as being content.  One can be a begger or a king.  If they are content with their condition in life then I think they are living a good life.

• Like 1

The good life to me is to know what you want out of life, to be honest with yourself and to go after it with no excuses.

The even better life is when you succeed at this.

The supreme life is when you also make other people's lives better in the process.

I am aiming for the supreme life. Working my way, step by step. Perhaps some day ill succeed :).

• Like 4

The supreme life is when you also make other people's lives better in the process.

The good thing about that is that if one would actually feel "one with the universe" or however you might want to phrase it, you can just be as selfish as you like and that selfishness will be all-encompassing.

Asking oneself this question is a most important thing. The answers are not the same for all people. And people change, therefore so do the personalized answers. Since that's the case, it's something to continually ask oneself. Every day, or week, or month...checking in with how you feel about what is and what could be in your life to make it good.

Knowing what you want out of life is the first step toward getting it.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this