Hi Anoesjka,

Thank you however it really is unmerited!

Miss/ma'am, Why do you have doubts every day? (If I may ask and IF you'd like to respond :) )

Could I suggest that you allow yourself "space' or freedom to question cherished beliefs and/or dogmas?

To me, something must be verifiable in actuality to be true otherwise everything becomes one gigantic relativistic mess.

For example, Who am I?

A name

A body with a brain which functions both autonomically (Breathing, Eye-blinking, Heart pumping) & non-autonomically

My consciousness put together by thought

My past experiences, which if I allow them to, condition my consciousness today

Just investigate and see what conclusions you come up with.

I send you my well wishes and hope in your investigation(s) actually conclude with concrete answers and don't remain in doubt.

Stefos

Stefos, Do I perceive some hostility? Please be aware that I'm not hostile towards you, just that I don't share the same views as you.

I doubt everything, because I have senses to perceive. Do they perceive what others describe? Maybe, I'm going to have to find that out. I have a brain to think. Will I not use it, because there's so many great brains that have done the thinking before me?

I go for the direct, personal experience. I doubt others and myself. I doubt books, religions and dogma. I doubt parents, schools and government.

You say you have no doubt, that you are your name, your body and your brain. But if you investigate that notion thoroughly you will see very clearly that you are not that.

Peace.

Stefos, Do I perceive some hostility? Please be aware that I'm not hostile towards you, just that I don't share the same views as you.

I doubt everything, because I have senses to perceive. Do they perceive what others describe? Maybe, I'm going to have to find that out. I have a brain to think. Will I not use it, because there's so many great brains that have done the thinking before me?

I go for the direct, personal experience. I doubt others and myself. I doubt books, religions and dogma. I doubt parents, schools and government.

You say you have no doubt, that you are your name, your body and your brain. But if you investigate that notion thoroughly you will see very clearly that you are not that.

Peace.

Hi Anoesjka,

I apologize if you took what I had posted as an attack.

It was not meant as such.

It actually was meant as an encouragement because, for me, existential questions caused me to lose sleep actually.

So, to be very clear with you, In my opinion, you should not have doubts about anything but by having used

discrimination and Naked perception have arrived at a place of deep peace and a clear conscience.

Thank you and I wish only good things for you,

Stefos

• Like 1

Hi,

I understand you perspective very well and concur fully.....However:

If a person remains in doubt every day about every thing, nothing gets accomplished AND a sense of wasting of time arises too.

Very simple.

I never anywhere stated that one should blindly believe anything.....ever.

Investigation and coming to the best understanding is my policy.

Thank you for sharing,

Stefos

• Like 1

Hi Anoesjka,

I apologize if you took what I had posted as an attack.

It was not meant as such.

It actually was meant as an encouragement because, for me, existential questions caused me to lose sleep actually.

So, to be very clear with you, In my opinion, you should not have doubts about anything but by having used

discrimination and Naked perception have arrived at a place of deep peace and a clear conscience.

Thank you and I wish only good things for you,

Stefos

Stefos, no problem. It's easy to get fooled by this shallow medium (the internet), because we have no real facial expressions to share, or hear the tone in our voice. I wasn't sure if you were a little bit angry with me. Thanks for clearing that up. :D

Peace.

• Like 1

Sometimes though, I wish I could truly avoid doubt and develop faith in a single well worn path so that I could just travel along it and see where it got me, instead of constantly vacillating between them and even trying to supersede them. At the same time, this desire is born of fear and even desperation - in thinking that if I don't hurry up and choose I may not 'make it.'  In letting go of this fear, I find myself content to continue questioning. However, I find that doubt could easily disappear along with other things were I to stop thinking. This I do not doubt. What I do doubt is that not thinking will truly show the truth as the sages say.

I think that this indicates that I am unsure whether or not that we can directly perceive reality with this naked perception. That we may simply be tricked into believing this...hmmm..

He isnt angry ... just politely judgemental ... :D

No, I'm not being judgemental either!

I'm just offering my 2 cents, so to speak, for her to be out of doubts.

That's all......Please don't read anything more into it.

Sometimes though, I wish I could truly avoid doubt and develop faith in a single well worn path so that I could just travel along it and see where it got me, instead of constantly vacillating between them and even trying to supersede them. At the same time, this desire is born of fear and even desperation - in thinking that if I don't hurry up and choose I make not 'make it.' In letting go of this fear, I find myself content to continue questioning. However, I find that doubt could easily disappear along with other things were I to stop thinking. This I do not doubt. What I do doubt is that not thinking will truly show the truth as the sages say.

I think that this indicates that I am unsure whether or not that we can directly perceive reality with this naked perception. That we may simply be tricked into believing this...hmmm..

My 2 cents:

When we apply naked perception, we "see" things a lot faster than by just lollygagging around.

If we have questions about a particular teaching, then we investigate it....we don't play intellectual games.

We find out and then apply it!

If we have questions about anything, we investigate it and come to conclusions, having researched it and by speaking

with people who actually "do" it.

Thank you and have a wonderful evening,

Stefos

No, I'm not being judgemental either!

That's an oxymoronic statement, in that labeling yourself as nonjudgmental is a judgement, as judging is the same as labeling. ;)

If you speak, you are judging...it is impossible to speak a single sentence without judging, as this is inherent in mindtalk...All that is in mind is judgmental in that mind weighs and compares, labels and defines.

Edited by Songtsan

That's an oxymoronic statement, in that labeling yourself as nonjudgmental is a judgement, as judging is the same as labeling. ;)

If you speak, you are judging...it is impossible to speak a single sentence without judging, as this is inherent in mindtalk...All that is in mind is judgmental in that mind weighs and compares, labels and defines.

Nice one! True.......however in the relativistic sense, language is a needed medium.

I don't want anyone here to misconstrue anything..........Please read my "Buddhist intellectualism" post and you'll understand why.

Thank you! :)

Stefos

This is exactly my mindset...we are totally on the same page.

I enter into this space because I consider this a major portion of my groupmind.  You guys are all other facets of me and we build each other up...it's like a 'Mind Mountain' that is arising out of the Trueness and the boulders and scree that falls off during the process of the rising are the ideas and concepts which are not tenable...

This is what I found 'judgemental'

Ex. Does one want to dress as a female? No need to unless one is perverted (My viewpoint)

In the mystery schools men did dress as women but for a reason ----> spiritual truths to be displayed via external show

With this 'pervert' label , the 2nd statement nullifies it ... as long as the reason for the action is considered valid , for the given reason ... but not for others.

Actually, it goes beyond judgmental into pre-judgemental (making a decision based on limited knowledge, or before all the knowledge 'is in' ) .... or ; pre judice.

With this 'pervert' label , the 2nd statement nullifies it ... as long as the reason for the action is considered valid , for the given reason ... but not for others.

Actually, it goes beyond judgmental into pre-judgemental (making a decision based on limited knowledge, or before all the knowledge 'is in' ) .... or ; pre judice.

On this topic, as I am practicing non-identification with body/mind/ego, I don't see how any of this matters. Endless sea of forms and reifying complexes....Only a reifying ego could label 'something as a some thing' I am moving away from Desire Body (eventually).

My statement stands perfectly valid.

Judgement calls must be made due to moral & ethical stances one must make.

For example, in Buddhist thought although all things are empty this doesn't mean we act unethical or immoral!

Did you read what the Thai Buddhist monk told me about "homosexuality/lesbianism/etc."?

A person CAN make up their own system of morals & ethics however this is a cause ----> effect ------> cause world.

Causation is the hallmark of existence.

I hope you are well,

Stefos

On this topic, as I am practicing non-identification with body/mind/ego, I don't see how any of this matters. Endless sea of forms and reifying complexes....Only a reifying ego could label 'something as a some thing' I am moving away from Desire Body (eventually).

Non-identification doesn't mean we are immoral or unethical.

Again, your worldview dictates what is moral & immoral....ethical & unethical.

We are not islands but are interrelated with everything hence the term Universe.

Just my view.....take care

Stefos

You are using Wikipedia as a source for cultures embracing alternative lifestyles as if they always did.

This just isn't the case.

Just because these cultures now acknowledge LGBT's doesn't mean they always did.

Many modern authors, for example, want to use the ancient Greek culture as being "Gay embracing." They say that the red pottery found in Greece from Ancient Athens showing older men "fondling" younger men was "normal" back then and openly accepted.

The fact is that it was not and the older men who did this to younger men were prohibited from voting in the democratic sessions and were not allowed to own land.

Another type of example: The Chinese were originally Monotheistic, worshipping Shang-Ti/Shang-Di, and were not polytheistic nor were they syncretistic.

They adopted Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism....those religions were not native to the Chinese but were later developments.

Now they are communists who give token respect to Buddhism, Taoism & Confucianism.

Please be careful to fully contextualize how cultures across the globe came accept the current standards they now do.

To do this requires a LOT of research, not just a rip out of Wikipedia and/or Google and "there we have it," justifying one's position.

Thank you,

Stefos

P.S. A person posted a video on youtube quoting ancient Greek Athenian laws regarding the Greek perspective on homosexuality......here it is:

Edited by stefos

As I mentioned earlier, this "lil bit of this and that" mindset in typical of the new age movement:

Grabbing at everything but embracing nothing

It does take time to intellectually understand the viewpoint of a particular spirituality or any "topic" as it were, even if a spirituality touts itself as being "Sudden" as opposed to "Gradual"

Stefos

You are using Wikipedia as a source for cultures embracing alternative lifestyles as if they always did.

This just isn't the case.

Just because these cultures now acknowledge LGBT's doesn't mean they always did.

Please be careful to fully contextualize how cultures across the globe came accept the current standards they now do.

To do this requires a LOT of research, not just a rip out of Wikipedia and/or Google and "there we have it," justifying one's position.

Thank you,

Stefos

Oh , come ON now ! Did you look at ANY of those papers ... I use that reference as a short cut to show my opinion is backed up by varied anthropological research on old cultures that dont have a modern mind-set.

or would you prefer I set out an analysis of all of this ?

1. Hutton 2001. p. 32.
  2. Jump up^ Hoppál 1987. p. 76.
  3. Jump up^ Oxford Dictionary Online.
  4. Jump up^ Juha Janhunen, Siberian shamanistic terminology, Suomalais-ugrilaisen Seuran toimituksia/ Memoires de la Societe finno-ougrienne, 1986, 194: 97-98
  5. ^ Jump up to:a b c Mircea Eliade, Shamanism, Archaic Techniques of Ecstasy, Bollingen Series LXXVI, Princeton University Press 1972, pp. 3–7.
  6. Jump up^ Juha Janhunan, Siberian shamanistic terminology, Memoires de la Societe finno-ougrienne 1986, 194:97.
  7. Jump up^ Written before 1676, first printed in 1861; see Hutton 2001. p. vii.
  8. Jump up^ Hutton 2001, p. 32.
  9. Jump up^ Adam Brand, Driejaarige Reize naar China, Amsterdam 1698; transl. A Journal of an Ambassy, London 1698; see Laufer B.,Origin of the Word Shaman, American Anthropologist, 19 (1917): 361–71 and Bremmer J., Travelling souls? Greek shamanism reconsidered, in Bremmer J.N. (ed.), The Rise and Fall of the Afterlife, London: Routledge, 2002, pp. 7–40. [1]
  10. ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f Hoppál 2005: 15
  11. ^ Jump up to:a b Diószegi 1962: 13
  12. Jump up^ Januhnan, 1986: 98.
  13. Jump up^ Crossley, Pamela Kyle (1996). The Manchus. Blackwell Publishers. ISBN 1557865604.
  14. Jump up^ Eliade, Mircea (1989). Shamanism. Arkana Books. p. 495.
  15. Jump up^ Janhunen, 1986:98.
  16. Jump up^ Tomaskova, 2013, 76-78, 104-105.
  17. Jump up^ Hoppál, Mihály (2005). Sámánok Eurázsiában (in Hungarian). Budapest: Akadémiai Kiadó. ISBN 963-05-8295-3. pp. 77, 287;Znamensky, Andrei A. (2005). "Az ősiség szépsége: altáji török sámánok a szibériai regionális gondolkodásban (1860–1920)". In Molnár, Ádám. Csodaszarvas. Őstörténet, vallás és néphagyomány. Vol. I (in Hungarian). Budapest: Molnár Kiadó. pp. 117–134. ISBN 963-218-200-6., p. 128
  18. Jump up^ Hutton 2001. pp. vii–viii.
  19. Jump up^ "Circle of Tengerism".
  20. Jump up^ Turner et al., p. 440
  21. Jump up^ Noll & Shi 2004 (see online)
  22. Jump up^ Halifax, Joan (1982). Shaman: The Wounded Healer. London:Thames & Hudson. ISBN 9780500810293. OCLC 8800269.
  23. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 45
  24. ^ Jump up to:a b Boglár 2001: 24
  25. ^ Jump up to:a b Hoppál 2005: 94
  26. Jump up^ Vitebsky 1996: 46
  27. ^ Jump up to:a b Hoppál 2005: 25
  28. ^ Jump up to:a b Sem, Tatyana. "Shamanic Healing Rituals". Russian Museum of Ethnography.
  29. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 27–28
  30. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 28–33
  31. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 37
  32. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 34–35
  33. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 36
  34. Jump up^ shamanism
  35. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005:36164
  36. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 87–95
  37. Jump up^ Czaplicka 1914
  38. Jump up^ Salak, Kira. "Lost souls of the Peyote Trail". National Geographic Adventure.
  39. ^ Jump up to:a b Stephen Hugh-Jones 1980: 32
  40. ^ Jump up to:a b c d e Merkur 1985
  41. Jump up^ Kleivan & Sonne 1985: 8–10
  42. ^ Jump up to:a b c d Kleivan & Sonne 1985: 24
  43. ^ Jump up to:a b Noll & Shi 2004: 10, footnote 10 (see online)
  44. ^ Jump up to:a b Noll & Shi 2004: 8–9 (see online)
  45. ^ Jump up to:a b c d Reichel-Dolmatoff 1997
  46. Jump up^ Vitebsky 1996: 107
  47. ^ Jump up to:a b Boglár 2001: 26
  48. Jump up^ Merkur 1985: 5
  49. Jump up^ Vitebsky 1996: 108
  50. Jump up^ Kleivan & Sonne: 27–28
  51. ^ Jump up to:a b Merkur 1985: 3
  52. ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g Salak, Kira. "Hell and Back". National Geographic Adventure.
  53. Jump up^ Merkur 1985: 4
  54. Jump up^ Vitebsky 1996: 11, 12–14, 107
  55. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 27, 30, 36
  56. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 27
  57. Jump up^ Kleivan & Sonne 1985: 7, 19–21
  58. ^ Jump up to:a b Gabus, Jean: A karibu eszkimók. Gondolat Kiadó, Budapest, 1970. (Hungarian translation of the original: Vie et coutumes des Esquimaux Caribous, Libraire Payot Lausanne, 1944.) It describes the life of Caribou Eskimo groups.
  59. Jump up^ Hoppál 2007c: 18
  60. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 99
  61. Jump up^ http://www.mescaline.com/sanpedro/
  62. Jump up^ http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/151962/0
  63. Jump up^ Entheogen, [dictionary.com], retrieved 2012-03-13
  64. Jump up^ "Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology - Jurema-Preta (Mimosa tenuiflora [Willd.] Poir.): a review of its traditional use, phytochemistry and pharmacology". www.scielo.br. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
  65. Jump up^ Hoppál 2006c: 143
  66. ^ Jump up to:a b Nattiez: 5
  67. Jump up^ Deschênes 2002
  68. Jump up^ Barüske 1969: 24, 50–51
  69. Jump up^ Kleivan & Sonne 1985: 25
  70. Jump up^ Maxfield, Melinda. "The journey of the drum." ReVision 16.4 (1994): 157.
  71. Jump up^ Vitebsky 1996: 49
  72. ^ Jump up to:a b Hoppál 2005: 14
  73. Jump up^ Pentikäinen 1995: 270
  74. ^ Jump up to:a b c Hoppál 2005: 25–26,43
  75. Jump up^ Hoppál 2004: 14
  76. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 13–15, 58, 197
  77. Jump up^ Hoppál 2006a: 11
  78. Jump up^ Hoppál 2006b: 175
  79. Jump up^ Hoppál 2007c: 24–25
  80. ^ Jump up to:a b Hoppál, Mihály: Nature worship in Siberian shamanism
  81. Jump up^ Hoppál 2007b: 12–13
  82. ^ Jump up to:a b c Hoppál 2007c: 25
  83. Jump up^ Pentikäinen 1995: 270–271
  84. Jump up^ Dana 2004: 18 (see online)
  85. Jump up^ Merkur 1985: v
  86. Jump up^ Hoppál 2007b: 13
  87. ^ Jump up to:a b Gerardo Reichel-Dolmatoff: A View from the Headwaters. The Ecologist, Vol. 29 No. 4, July 1999.
  88. Jump up^ Jean Clottes. "Shamanism in Prehistory". Bradshaw foundation. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
  89. ^ Jump up to:a b Karl J. Narr. "Prehistoric religion". Britannica online encyclopedia 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-28.
  90. Jump up^ Tedlock, Barbara. 2005. The Woman in the Shaman's Body: Reclaiming the Feminine in Religion and Medicine. New York: Bantam
  91. Jump up^ Witzel, 2011.
  92. Jump up^ Winkelman, Michael. Shamanism: a Biopsychosocial Paradigm of Consciousness and Healing. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger, 2010. Print.
  93. Jump up^ "Earliest known shaman grave site found: study", reported byReuters via Yahoo! News, November 4, 2008, archived. seeProceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
  94. Jump up^
    on YouTube
  95. Jump up^ 1993, p. 51
  96. Jump up^ Berman, Shamanic Journeys Through Daghestan, 2008, p. 22
  97. Jump up^ Oosten, Jarich; Frederic Laugrand, and Cornelius Remie (2006). "Perceptions of Decline: Inuit Shamanism in the Canadian Arctic".American Society for Ethnohistory: 445–477.doi:10.1215/00141801–2006-001.
  98. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 117
  99. ^ Jump up to:a b Hoppál 2005: 259
  100. Jump up^ Boglár 2001: 19–20
  101. Jump up^ Diószegi 1960: 37–39
  102. Jump up^ Eliade 2001: 76 (Chpt 3 about obtaining shamanic capabilities)
  103. Jump up^ Omnividence: A word created by Edwin A. Abbott in his book titledFlatland
  104. Jump up^ Diószegi 1960: 88–89
  105. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 224
  106. Jump up^ Nagy 1998: 232
  107. Jump up^ Merkur 1985: 132
  108. Jump up^ Merkur 1985: 134
  109. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 92
  110. ^ Jump up to:a b Hoppál 1994: 62
  111. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 88
  112. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 93
  113. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 111, 117–119, 128, 132, 133–134, 252–263
  114. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 257–258
  115. Jump up^ Hagan, Helene E. "The Plastic Medicine People Circle."Sonoma Free County Press. Accessed 31 Jan 2013.
  116. Jump up^ "Pseudo Shamans Cherokee Statement". Retrieved 2008-06-23.
  117. Jump up^ Lupa 37
  118. Jump up^ Vitebsky 1996: 150–153
  119. Jump up^ http://website.leidenuniv.nl/~haarbjter/shamanism.htm
  120. Jump up^ http://people.cohums.ohio-state.edu/bender4/eall131/EAHReadings/module03/local_beliefs.html
  121. Jump up^ http://chinaperspectives.revues.org/5288
  122. Jump up^ http://www.yale.edu/seacrn/asia_members.htm
  123. Jump up^ Hesse, Klaus (1987). "On the History of Mongolian Shamanism in Anthropological Perspective". Anthropos 82 (4-6): 403–13.
  124. Jump up^ Balogh, Matyas. "Contemporary Shamanisms in Mongolia." Asian Ethnicity 11.2 (2010): 229–38.
  125. Jump up^ Hmong people
  126. Jump up^ http://www.lexicon.net/drpao/shaman/sivyis/
  127. Jump up^ USA Todayhttp://www.usatoday.com/educate/firstamendment/religion_052504.html |url= missing title (help).
  128. Jump up^ Southeast Guizhou Travel Tips - China Highlights, a division of CITS Guilin, a full service China travel agency providing China Tours
  129. Jump up^ Cockfight Trial UnderwayWHBL News April 08, 2010
  130. Jump up^ Not Guilty Verdict In Cockfighting Trial WHBL News April 09, 2010
  131. Jump up^ Percival Lowell, Occult Japan: Shinto, Shamanism and the Way of the Gods, Inner Traditions International (April 1990), Rochester Vt
  132. Jump up^ Alan Mcfarlane, Japan Through the Looking Glass: Shaman to Shinto, Profile Books Ltd, Aug 2007, London England
  133. Jump up^ Japantimes.co.jp
  134. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 13
  135. Jump up^ Shanar Buryat
  136. ^ Jump up to:a b Hoppál 2005: 92–93
  137. Jump up^ Julian Baldick, Animal and Shaman: Ancient Religions of Central Asia (New York: University Press, 2000), 3–35
  138. Jump up^ Marjorie Mandelstam Balzer, Shamanism: Soviet Studies of Traditional Religion in Siberia and Central Asia (New York: M.E. Sharpe, 1990), 113
  139. Jump up^ Nora K. Chadwick, "Shamanism among the Tatars of Central Asia," The Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland, Vol. 66, (Jan–Jun 1936): 97–99
  140. Jump up^ Balzer, Shamanism, 12–21
  141. Jump up^ John Andrew Boyle, "Turkish and Mongol Shamanism in the Middle Ages," Folklore Vol. 83 (1972): 183–185
  142. Jump up^ Chadwick, Shamanism among the Tatars of Central Asia: 93–101
  143. Jump up^ Chadwick, Shamanism among the Tatars of Central Asia: 85–87
  144. Jump up^ Balzer, Shamanism, 42–49
  145. Jump up^ Economy of Excess. George Bataille.
  146. Jump up^ Gulia 2005, pp. 153–54
  147. Jump up^ Gulia 2005, p. 168
  148. Jump up^ O. Lardenois, Shamanism and Catholic Indigenous Communities in Taiwan
  149. Jump up^ "Journeys to Other Worlds: The Rites of Shamans". American Museum of Natural History.
  150. Jump up^ Bolin 2000: 157
  151. Jump up^ A. Asbjorn Jon, Shamanism and the Image of the Teutonic Deity, Óðinn
  152. Jump up^ Hajdú 1975: 35
  153. Jump up^ Diószegi 1998
  154. Jump up^ Ginzburg 1983 [1966].
  155. Jump up^ Pócs 1999.
  156. Jump up^ Lecouteux 2003.
  157. Jump up^ Ginzburg 1990.
  158. Jump up^ Magliocco, Sabina, "Italian Cunning Craft: Some Preliminary Observations", Journal for the Academic Study of Magic, Issue 5, pp 103-133 (2009). [2]
  159. Jump up^ Fienup-Riordan, Ann. 1994: 206
  160. ^ Jump up to:a b Kleivan & Sonne 1985
  161. Jump up^ Hoppál 2005: 45–50
  162. ^ Jump up to:a b Menovščikov 1996: 442
  163. Jump up^ Vitebsky 1996
  164. Jump up^ Freuchen 1961: 32
  165. Jump up^ Рубцова 1954: 203, 209
  166. Jump up^ Both death of a person and successfully hunted game require that cutting, sewing etc. be tabooed, so that the invisible soul does not get hurt accidentally (Kleivan & Sonne, pp. 18–21). In Greenland, the transgression of death tabu could turn the soul of the dead into a tupilak, a restless ghost which scared game away (Kleivan & Sonne 1985, p. 23). Animals fled from hunter in case of taboo breaches, e.g. birth taboo, death taboo (Kleivan & Sonne, pp. 12–13)
  167. Jump up^ Lawrence Kaplan: Comparative Yupik and Inuit (found on the site of Alaska Native Language Center)
  168. Jump up^ Kleivan 1985: 8
  169. Jump up^ Rasmussen 1965: 366 (ch. XXIII)
  170. Jump up^ Rasmussen 1965: 166 (ch. XIII)
  171. Jump up^ Rasmussen 1965: 110 (ch. VIII)
  172. Jump up^ Mauss 1979
  173. Jump up^ Kleivan 1985: 26
  174. Jump up^ Menovščikov 1996 [1968]: 433
  175. Jump up^ Menovščikov 1996 [1968]: 442
  176. Jump up^ Vitebsky 1996: 42 (ch. North America)
  177. Jump up^ Merkur 1985:7
  178. Jump up^ Kleivan & Sonne 1985: 14
  179. Jump up^ Rubcova 1954: 128
  180. Jump up^ Kleivan & Sonne 1985: 27
  181. Jump up^ Kleivan & Sonne 1985: 30–31
  182. Jump up^ Eugene L. Mendonsa : The Politics of Divination : a Processual View of Reactions to Illness and Deviance among the Sisala. University of California Press, Berkeley, 1982. p. 112
  183. Jump up^ David M Cumes "Africa in my bones" p. 14
  184. Jump up^ Susan Schuster Campbell "Called to Heal" p. 38
  185. Jump up^ Susan Schuster Campbell "Called to Heal" p. 79
  186. Jump up^ David M Cumes "Africa in my bones" p. 10
  187. Jump up^ http://texts.00.gs/Karanga_shamanism.htmKaranga_shamanism
  188. Jump up^ Nadel, S.F. "A Shaman Cult in the Nuba Mountains". Sudan Notes and Records 1941; 24(l): 85–112
  189. Jump up^ Nadel, S.F. "A Study of Shamanism in the Nuba Mountains".Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute 1946; 76: 25–37
  190. Jump up^ Jones, Peter N. 2008 Shamans and Shamanism: A Comprehensive Bibliography of the Terms Use in North America. Boulder, Colorado: Bauu Press.
  191. Jump up^ "Beneath the Underdog: Race, Religion, and the Trail of Tears". "The missionaries, and especially those of the American Board, established a basic position of neutrality “between two fires” and as the Bible did not explicitly condemn slavery, they accepted “all to our communion who give evidence that they love the Lord Jesus Christ.”"
  192. Jump up^ Celia Haig-Brown. Resistance and Renewal: Surviving the Indian Residential School. p. 104. "we were all talking Shuswap....She said to us, 'You're never to get caught talking your language...You'll get whipped;you'll really get punished'...So we were careful after that not to be caught speaking....When we were way out there, we'd talk together in our language."
  193. Jump up^ "Christian Aboriginal Infrastructure Developments".
  194. ^ Jump up to:a b Dean, Bartholomew 2009 Urarina Society, Cosmology, and History in Peruvian Amazonia, Gainesville: University Press of Florida ISBN 978-0-8130-3378-5 [3]
  195. Jump up^ Joralemen, D. and D. Sharon 1993 Sorcery and Shamanism: Curanderos and Clients in Northern Peru. Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press.
  196. Jump up^ Dean, Bartholomew 1998 "Review of Sorcery and Shamanism: Curanderos and Clients in Northern Peru" American Ethnologist. 25(1): 61–62.
  197. Jump up^ Christine Hugh-Jones 1980
  198. Jump up^ Stephen Hugh-Jones 1980
  199. Jump up^ Fock 1963: 16
  200. Jump up^ Gusinde 1966, pp. 6–7
  201. Jump up^ Service, Elman: The Hunter. Prentice-Hall, 1966.
  202. Jump up^ Extinct Ancient Societies Tierra del Fuegians
  203. Jump up^ Gusinde 1966: 175
  204. Jump up^ About the Ona Indian Culture in Tierra del Fuego
  205. Jump up^ Gusinde 1966: 15
  206. Jump up^ Gusinde 1966: 156
  207. Jump up^ Gusinde 1966: 186
  208. Jump up^ "Amazon.com listing for the "Four Corners: A Journey into the Heart of Papua New Guinea"".
  209. Jump up^ Salak, Kira. "Kira Salak's official webpage on "Four Corners"".
  210. Jump up^ Salak, Kira. "MAKING RAIN--from Four Corners".
  211. Jump up^ Visual Magic:A Manual of Freestyle Shamanism:Jan Fries ISBN 1-869928-57-1
  212. Jump up^ ULL – Universidad de La Laguna (Spanish)
  213. Jump up^ Encyclopedia of NLP
  214. ^ Jump up to:a b Kehoe, Alice Beck (2000). Shamans and religion : an anthropological exploration in critical thinking. Prospect Heights, Ill.: Waveland Press. ISBN 1577661621.
  215. ^ Jump up to:a b ISSR, 2001 Summer, abstract online in 2nd half of 2nd paragraph)
  216. Jump up^ Hoppál & Szathmári & Takács 2006: 14
  217. Jump up^ Hoppál 1998: 40
  218. Jump up^ Vitebsky 1996: 11

because I am forcing it into a direction he doesnt like ... I think it is called clutching at straws.

You know what? I AM passing judgement and have every right to do so, both as a U.S. Army combat vet and as a citizen of the U.S. and furthermore as a human being.

Everyone passes a judgement....sorry to bother you about it....Even YOU do.

A judgement is different than being judgemental: the infamous "I am better then him/her" statement...

I am categorically not being judgemental on the person....if you noticed.....but upon a school of thought/quasi-spirituality called "The New Age movement."

I also simply reinforced, what you stated in your post, in my post.

Finally, the so-called "Desire Body" is used in New Age circles but it's actual roots are in Eastern thought such as Advaita Vedanta & Vajrayana & Dzogchen and Mahamudra as well as Theosophy & Anthroposophy.

Thank you for trying to throw me under a "guilty as charged" bus,

I don't appreciate that.

Stefos

because I am forcing it into a direction he doesnt like ... I think it is called clutching at straws.

Hi Nungali,

This thread was originally about the desire body and not any Hetero/Homosexual stances I or you or anyone else has/had.

I'm not clutching at anything.....You have not examined anything I've presented as a rebuttal to your stance.

I refuse to get into any more polemics.........I'm done playing your game.

This thread's title is Desire Body, not sex.

Thank you and be well!

Stefos

"You know what? I AM passing judgement and have every right to do so, both as a U.S. Army combat vet and as a citizen of the U.S. and furthermore as a human being."

Okay fine ... I just said you were being judgemental ... I wasnt saying you didnt have a right to be judgemental ... and I think calling it perverse was close to prejudice but ... whatever.

"Everyone passes a judgement....sorry to bother you about it....Even YOU do."

of course ;)

" A judgement is different than being judgemental: the infamous "I am better then him/her" statement...

I am categorically not being judgemental on the person....if you noticed.....but upon a school of thought/quasi-spirituality called "The New Age movement."

Disregarding the rest above ... I still dont get this ... I mean, I , more than anyone maybe, could make those comments about the 'New Age' and have been very judgmental about that too ( but not too prejudiced, as I have seen the damage that mind set can do) but where has this post's title or first post anything to do with that ?

Rosicrucians and the linked article to a work of Max Heindel (1865 - 1919 ) can hardly be called New Age and you yourself ;

" Finally, the so-called "Desire Body" is used in New Age circles but it's actual roots are in Eastern thought such as Advaita Vedanta & Vajrayana & Dzogchen and Mahamudra as well as Theosophy & Anthroposophy. "

These last two are in a similar tradition of Max Heindel , him and Steiner may have been initiates of the same Rosicrucian Body.

So I dont understand where all this New Age stuff comes from, except where you equated the use of the post title and that term to new age yourself ? ? ?

(I think I broke the quote box :unsure: )

Edited by Nungali

Yeah, I should have researched the term Desire Body before I made the thread...I get 'thought insertions' from some place and that was one of them and when I googled it, one of the first hits was that link I posted and I just went from there...basically pranic sheath composed of desire emanations/objects....

Yeah, I should have researched the term Desire Body before I made the thread...I get 'thought insertions' from some place and that was one of them and when I googled it, one of the first hits was that link I posted and I just went from there...basically pranic sheath composed of desire emanations/objects....

Hi Songtsan,

A suggestion for the future:

I think it's best to ask one question at a time, get clarity or others views upon the issue and then move onward to a deeper level if you want and/or need it.

My perception of your posts has been this kind of nebulous cloud of free thinking....Perhaps you intend this but

it's confusing for a reading to ascertain just what it is your asking! :)

Granted judgement calls must be made due to morals and ethics....Being judgemental is another matter altogether.

To my mind, the 2 are different and not the same...qualitatively different.

We have all been judgemental as some point in our lives, the point is to understand another's perspective not necessarily agree with it and definitely not be judgemental any longer.

My thoughts sir.......Have a great evening and a beautiful tomorrow,

Stefos

Hi Songtsan,

A suggestion for the future:

I think it's best to ask one question at a time, get clarity or others views upon the issue and then move onward to a deeper level if you want and/or need it.

My perception of your posts has been this kind of nebulous cloud of free thinking....Perhaps you intend this but

it's confusing for a reading to ascertain just what it is your asking! :)

Granted judgement calls must be made due to morals and ethics....Being judgemental is another matter altogether.

To my mind, the 2 are different and not the same...qualitatively different.

We have all been judgemental as some point in our lives, the point is to understand another's perspective not necessarily agree with it and definitely not be judgemental any longer.

My thoughts sir.......Have a great evening and a beautiful tomorrow,

Stefos

I enjoy the scatter-brained approach, which I view as randomized, multi-tasking, approaching the origin in a spiraling, snaky route- serpentine, never a straight route. It's always been my method. Straightforward approaches, while they may seem more efficient from the get-go, are not my style. Even if it takes me longer the way I go, I am both practicing non-attachment, and adhering to Saivic principles. Shiva as riding Shesh-naga, a giant snake, who carries him around while he meditates, eyes half-lidded, is the way I do things, following my guide, lover, and other half, Shakti. This has been my mainstay since 1997 or so, maybe earlier even though I didn't know it. It's a fun path, and enjoyable.

I enjoy the scatter-brained approach, which I view as randomized, multi-tasking, approaching the origin in a spiraling, snaky route- serpentine, never a straight route. It's always been my method. Straightforward approaches, while they may seem more efficient from the get-go, are not my style. Even if it takes me longer the way I go, I am both practicing non-attachment, and adhering to Saivic principles. Shiva as riding Shesh-naga, a giant snake, who carries him around while he meditates, eyes half-lidded, is the way I do things, following my guide, lover, and other half, Shakti. This has been my mainstay since 1997 or so, maybe earlier even though I didn't know it. It's a fun path, and enjoyable.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing a question enough to post it online!

My intentions were only for the best and to get you out of any hellish psychological things you were/are in.

We all have our perspectives.

My respect and love go toward you........My contribution to this post is done.

Be well and have a great night.

Stefos