Sign in to follow this  
Junior Western Bacon Chi

T.E.N.S. Device

Is anyone here familiar with TENS devices? I have a bad back and use one for the pain sometimes. It helps, but since the machine basically gives you a massage by electrocuting you, I'm wondering if it has any negative effects on chi.

Thanks

Mate of mine in India used one and swore by it especially for long flights.

I've sometimes wondered how he goes on these days getting it through heightened airport security.

My husband uses one for his back, where a fusion is. He's in pain constantly, but he's such an extremist that he starts at '10' on the dial, lol. He looks a bit like he's being electrocuted sometimes - he says the pain of the Tens unit takes his mind off the pain in his back. :D

But overall, it does seem to help him. He uses it every afternoon.

I was doing zhan zhuang standing on a zapper a couple of years ago. In my opinion the electric current is the same thing as Qi, the difference being that is artificial compared to the mini bio-currents the body is using for different purposes some of them being pain receptors. I was using to charge my kidneys with Yin Qi and it worked but the only negative effect I can see and I felt on me is that you become dependent on the artificial Qi the device is injecting inside your body. So at some point I just stopped the practice but then the pains were a lot more exacerbated, because the electricity is blocking the pain gates but the cause of the pain which is an energetic imbalance produced inside the body is not removed. And still I suffer from this, it is like a recovery from heroin addiction, but I struggle to keep things natural. The same principle with grounding using wires but I think the zapper or TENS devices have a more Yang characteristics since they have a certain frequency while the grounding wire is a passive device connected to a source of static electricity, you take as much as you need. To compare with drinking water, you drink just as much as you need versus the hydration you have trough an intravenous serum, so in my opinion should be used occasionally only when there is an acute pain crisis. Normally I would seek negative ions in the nature, trees and waterfalls are the best sources instead of electrical devices. They fix a certain narrow frequency but they can produce more imbalance in longterm. And if you need Yang energy the sun light is the best.

Edited by Andrei

your name keeps making me think of Wendy's. last time I ate there my stomach wasnt a fan of it :lol:

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/electric-bacteria-eat-electrons

When we eat, our cells break down sugars, while their excess electrons flow through a series of chemical reactions until they’re passed onto oxygen. This process generates the energy molecule ATP, vital to nearly all living things. "Life's very clever,” Kenneth Nealson from the University of Southern California says. "It figures out how to suck electrons out of everything we eat and keep them under control."

Not too surprisingly then, there are bacteria out there that eat and excrete electrons -- and as it turns out, they’re everywhere.

Years ago, researchers discovered two types of electric bacteria, Geobacter and Shewanella, which use energy in its naked, purest form: electrons harvested from the surface of rocks and minerals. Now, scientists show that many more electric bacteria can be fished out of rocks and marine mud by baiting them with a bit of electrical juice, New Scientist reports.

"Electrons must flow in order for energy to be gained,” Nealson explains. “This is why when someone suffocates another person they are dead within minutes. You have stopped the supply of oxygen, so the electrons can no longer flow."

Electric bacteria, however, have done away with sugary middlemen.

Nealson and colleagues have grown electric bacteria on battery electrodes, keeping them alive with electricity and nothing else. (In humans, that’d be like powering up by shoving our fingers in a socket.) The team collected seabed sediment and inserted electrodes inside of it. Applying a slightly higher voltage than the sediment’s natural voltage results in an excess of electrons -- which bacteria in the sediment eat. With a slightly lower voltage, the electrode becomes eager to accept electrons; in this case, the bacteria breathe electrons onto the electrode, which generates a current. "Basically," Nealson says, "the idea is to take sediment, stick electrodes inside and then ask 'OK, who likes this?'"

In unpublished work, the USC scientists have identified up to eight different kinds of bacteria that consume electricity, and they’re all very different from each other.

A handful of other researchers are also working on electric bacteria. Daniel Bond’s team from the University of Minnesota in St. Paul is growing bacteria that harvest electrons from iron electrodes. Lars Peter Nielsen and his colleagues at Aarhus University in Denmark have found that tens of thousands of electric bacteria can join together to form “daisy chains” that carry electrons over several centimeters (huge distances for a bacterium). Here’s a video of electric bacteria forming their “microbial nanowires.”

Read more at http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/electric-bacteria-eat-electrons#RoCel0kYl2DS0lox.99

Sign in to follow this