max84

Origin of internal alchemy / qi gong / nei gung

I'm trying to find more information as to how these internal arts were first discovered. I mean, they are way beyond scientific discovery, as western science barely recognizes the inner workings of these eastern arts. Are there any texts that explain where these ideas came from? Passed on from gods? Aliens? Some sort of divine being who had visions? I haven't yet seen any explanation on the matter. And the idea that someone would be able to discover internal alchemy, even with years of time to experiment, is still dumbfounding.

• Like 1

Hello max84, and welcome to the forums!

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.co...um-terms-rules/ This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to five posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like.

You raise some very interesting topics in your intro, and I predict you'll spark a lively debate when you post your questions in the forums :)

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TTB team

Hello and welcome to theTao Bums.

Unfortunately your introductory question is unlikely to be answered to your satisfaction as the origin of these arts is obscured in the mists of time.

There are those who will tell you tales regarding the "Sons of Reflected Light" who allegedly taught these arts to the ancient Chinese and who knows, there could be truth in these tales.

One thing is certain though and that is the fact that we all stand on the shoulders of those who came before us and practices have changed and evolved over the ages and will continue so to do.

Enjoy the forum, the differing opinions of its members and keep practising the Taoist Arts.

Best wishes,

Chang

• Like 3

I believe the art of alchemy is embedded in our psyche and is taught to anyone willing and able to listen to this internal teacher.

• Like 4

This stuff is not as far off and apart from something we might come up with as we think.

You will see from some here that some of us have very acute awareness of our bodies, in other cases some are born with clairvoyance that is retained and in life some of these things also just come about.

Imagine as an example a warrior trying to stay awake while on watch - perhaps it is also cold: he starts doing some breathing and it not only heats him up but it does other things. This could be passed on and refined quickly.

One of my great teachers was always clairvoyant as well as having many other abilities since he was a child. He received a number of key teachings from guides while in meditation but he could also see what altered human states just by looking with his eyes opened or closed.

My Lower Dan Tien opened all by itself once when I was about 14 years old and on the verge of hypothermia out in the perimeters of a ski area. A temperature swing of 30 degrees suddenly left me in -5 degree temperatures with just a thin windbreaker on over my turtle neck and sweater. Out of nowhere my LDT heated up like a small hot ball and I was literally steaming from earlobes to toes and was able to traverse several ski lifts and ski down them at a fast rate meaning that with the added windchill factor it was over -30 degrees below zero yet I arrived at the base lodge toasty warm - and I was not even wearing a hat!

Our western traditions have choked out so much of our natural heritage that we have forgotten the natural traditions that were branded as Godless and called Pagan (godless heathens). It is natural for us to have these awarenesses - we live in the unnatural state of fearing our assets and growing walls around them. We strut about like proud peacocks with our head in the sand.

But some humans just don't like the boredom of head in sand life and are not so impressed by their ego - and they examine life and looked at it with many different types of eyes and they passed it on and refine it and work with it and sort stuff out and took on an apprentice or taught their tribe what they discovered.

You do not need a vigin birth, an alien or a supreme god to bring this into your life - we have ourselves and gods walking amongst us all the time.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

Your...

"Years of time to experiment" is possibly as close as anyone might get to origins of internal alchemy Max.

Welcome to TTB BTW.

Nobody knows for sure nor ever could beyond the fact that the literature goes back millenia BCE so folks were surely 'experimenting' over millenia.

Lineages established an ongoing 'research community' so, unlike much of the western canon, there wasn't any 'interrupt' through libraries being burnt or vandal conquest to hinder progress.

Many of those internal alchemy cultivators today continue within such lineages.

IMO internal alchemy is 'evidence based practice' in that cultivators cultivate and the evidence arises therefrom.

The 'proof of the pudding is in the eating' as it were.

Hope that helps.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

I guess it boiled down to experimentation, observation and refinement; keeping what works, eliminating what doesn't work. Combined with the element of time invested in these arts, the results are pretty impressive.

• Like 3

DO you have any idea how long the human race has been around? Only in the past 100-200 years has there been more cough cough hint MATRIX type programming, technology and propaganda then our entire history, hundreds/thousands of years ago being able to see auras and chakras was NOT AT ALL uncommon as a NATURAL inclination from everyones energy not being sucked up vicariously through electricity by luciferian 4th dimensional rapists

some of these posts act like internal alchemy was designed using the scientific method within the past few decades or something...gimme a break. how about imagine growing up in total isolation being practically raised by wolves/nature being a 'beast' so to speak in the forest your whole life; the maximum of your language being growls to ward off predators... it wasnt 'internal alchemy' then, it was natural intuitive nature of the body. now this human race is FUCKED

This stuff is not as far off and apart from something we might come up with as we think.

You will see from some here that some of us have very acute awareness of our bodies, in other cases some are born with clairvoyance that is retained and in life some of these things also just come about.

Imagine as an example a warrior trying to stay awake while on watch - perhaps it is also cold: he starts doing some breathing and it not only heats him up but it does other things. This could be passed on and refined quickly.

One of my great teachers was always clairvoyant as well as having many other abilities since he was a child. He received a number of key teachings from guides while in meditation but he could also see what altered human states just by looking with his eyes opened or closed.

My Lower Dan Tien opened all by itself once when I was about 14 years old and on the verge of hypothermia out in the perimeters of a ski area. A temperature swing of 30 degrees suddenly left me in -5 degree temperatures with just a thin windbreaker on over my turtle neck and sweater. Out of nowhere my LDT heated up like a small hot ball and I was literally steaming from earlobes to toes and was able to traverse several ski lifts and ski down them at a fast rate meaning that with the added windchill factor it was over -30 degrees below zero yet I arrived at the base lodge toasty warm - and I was not even wearing a hat!

Our western traditions have choked out so much of our natural heritage that we have forgotten the natural traditions that were branded as Godless and called Pagan (godless heathens). It is natural for us to have these awarenesses - we live in the unnatural state of fearing our assets and growing walls around them. We strut about like proud peacocks with our head in the sand.

But some humans just don't like the boredom of head in sand life and are not so impressed by their ego - and they examine life and looked at it with many different types of eyes and they passed it on and refine it and work with it and sort stuff out and took on an apprentice or taught their tribe what they discovered.

You do not need a vigin birth, an alien or a supreme god to bring this into your life - we have ourselves and gods walking amongst us all the time.

SIR you so shamelessly bleed too much select knowledge that should not be so liberally shared on an internet web forum SIR

you sound like a 'travelling man who found a far too comfortable home...

what would one of your 'great' teachers think about your little foray of divulging privileged information to strangers? one might also wonder what they would think of you referring to them as "Great"....hmmm

some in the circle , or triangle rather, would say that many of the, should be private 'self-experiential' things you mention so casually might be deemed....dangerous

Edited by fizix