Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Meditation overload - Anyone just can't meditate anymore?

---

On a more mundane level, if you are practicing trance and certain forms of mediumship related exercises, then the types of entities you may be attracting can become a real threat to the ownership of your body. This is inviting a whole different can of worms and whether approaching it at all or at least with caution is something to ponder. (I did more than approach it and it worked out fine, but nothing I have seen leads to an abyss more frequently than this, and for me it was of little value) Most teachers teaching this stuff do not have a real clue what they are involved with - it's far more a case of the nuts running the nuthouse) It is an easy path for getting very big results that can divert you for many lifetimes (and that is an understatement).

Shamanism is steeped in this and often of a lower grade teaching - but Wow - just saying this is practically heretical.

Obviously - the number of exceptions to that statement are great.

If frequent drug use is involved - it is almost always of a lower grade (I would say always) - and mostly fantasy.

So, all the "ungrounding" like trance, astral projection, even rituals are considered 'the dark side of the force?'

I am interested in researching the problem that some traditions experience where one reaches the point where they can't meditate for extended periods anymore. The overload can be manifest as irritability, bad dreams or for those who sense energy, it can manifest in spasms or other uncomfortable pain and issues.

Also, looking at the differences between individual and group meditation effects around the issues.

If you currently experience this problem and would be willing to discuss it and your practice background, please post here or send me a pm.

Thanks,

Jeff

p.s. The issue I am describing is a meditation or self inquiry build up problem, not a classic kundalini type problem.

I think it is a constant problem and has to do with dissolving the ego vs suppressing it. What has issues with meditation? Or too much meditation? It's the mind/ego.

In my experience that is overcome via letting the inquiry happen naturally instead of trying to force things, because what forces things? It's the Ego.

I think it is a constant problem and has to do with dissolving the ego vs suppressing it. What has issues with meditation? Or too much meditation? It's the mind/ego.

In my experience that is overcome via letting the inquiry happen naturally instead of trying to force things, because what forces things? It's the Ego.

Bringing back an old thread. :)

I would agree that the issues tend to relate to people pushing to early or attempting to force stuff. Specifically at the time, I was researching and working with people who had the issue. Was focused on blockage points, how they manifest at a phycisal level and ways to release the built up energy.

:)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this