Nikolai1

Cause, effect and celibacy

@Allinone

No disresepect intended man but you're either celibate or you're not.

It aint a part time calling.

Going without isn't celibacy that's just life.

Opting to go without for a period of time - with the option open to dive back in - is continence.

Celibacy is a vocation and usually a lifetime vow as well.

Not always.

Zen monks in some traditions can marry or have partners and in other traditions such as the late Peter Matthiesen's if a zen monk wishes to marry then he re- ordains as a zen priest.

All the old school Japanese temple Zen guys were married as that was and still tends to be a family business with the oldest son inheriting his father's priesthood and temple.

Taoist priests that we've met over in Taiwan were all family men.

Hard to call it in China, much of what passes seems to be tourist oriented with many of the 'monks' you do get to see putting on shows looking suspiciously like circus performers.

Official state sanctioned QiGong in China is entirely secular.

Edited by GrandmasterP

if it was directed to me, then im sorry. I was happy that i now know how to gather inner alchemical agent. And also know and have seen the star from where the spirit needs to go through to become immortal. Just want to yell that its not about earth yin or grounding..or about celibacy etc.

• Like 1

The implications of abstinence extend beyond conservation of jing. Celibacy implies a withdrawal of the senses in a wider scope, a natural process that besets every single being. Basically, we don't really have a choice. As the body ages, things have to be let go off. If this is embraced gratefully, there is no suffering. That natural embracement of 'going with the flow', with grateful surrendering, is a form of celibacy, a practice of letting go and letting be. Due to habitual conditionings, resistance arise like an auto-response to this change, and suffering is the result.

Contemplative practices gives light and space to this struggle, resulting in understanding. Understanding correctly results in the cessation of conflict, and so on. Observing deeply the links that bind and unbind simultaneously is factored in thru correct contemplation and reflection.

• Like 2

I have had practiced celibacy about 4 years (not very stricktly i think). It does not replace anything, its for saving sexual energies what you can turn to chi and then rise these to the head and ingest the pill. After the process desires are gone, and the process starts after some time all over again.

When you do celibate then after some time you have much energies and it will make you to do things what you normally not to.

when your sexual desires are peaking then its a sign you are full(its also possible that sexual desire is not related to this)

then induce vibrations by being aware as much(quantity) as you can and as much aware(quality) you can

the energies are felt and seen when they rise to the head and then you can ingest the pill or medicine.

i have read that when the energies are rising not to force them, can damage the spirit embryo or something(if i even remember correctly) but i forgot, i try to keep in mind that next time. The thing is that you don't want to force them anyway when they are rising to the head, just helping little bit :)

first couple times its not plain and simple there are many things what have to be done first and seems to be not related to this at all. Specially first 3-4 times.

for me life seem to be a energy harvester. The result is knowledge.

^ Allinone, I am with you on this one, this is the correct way of running MCO.

• Like 1

Hi all

[Celibacy] does not replace anything, its for saving sexual energies what you can turn to chi and then rise these to the head and ingest the pill. After the process desires are gone, and the process starts after some time all over again.

To any sexually active person there is a rise and fall cycle of sexual appetite followed by loss of appetite. For a 16 year old male this cycle may be extremely short and may repeat 2 or 3 times a day. As we get older, the cycle slows, so that the appetite may only arise every few days, or less often than that.

if we could simply accept this cycle and trust in it I think everyone would be fine. But we have a situation where we have half the people convinced that the periods of appetite are for some reason better, and the other half (the so-called spiritual ones) thinking that loss of appetite is better.

The cycle continues in its own merry way, but in our thoughts and attitudes we try and buck against it. We have young men in their sexual primes trying to be like sexless old men; we have old men taking pills to try and be virile like young bucks, then visiting psychosexual therapists for what they call their 'impotence'.

This is the insane state of affairs amongst those whose authentic spiritual cultivation is either neglected or misunderstood.

But the simple fact remains: cultivation is associated with continence and eventually with total celibacy. This is the brute truth that confuses the spiritually novice, and leads them to try to emulate the adept. But emulation doesn't work. It has to come naturally - we must advance towards it within making it a goal, and every step on the way must be trusted as it is.

Authentic spiritual cultivation basically accelerates the process of maturation. Physical ageing, as we all know, lengthens the cycle of appetite/loss of appetite. The spiritual adept may be free of desire like the old man is, but at a much younger age.

But if your desire needs to be fought against by a vow, an act of will, or some other act of deliberate violence against the Tao, you are clearly not mature enough to be celibate, and would be better applying your energies to something else.

• Like 1

^ Allinone, I am with you on this one, this is the correct way of running MCO.

I have searched MCO is and its made complicated. Its much easier.

What i described is more advanged. I reached that far that i take the fruit, not just circulating energies.

At the beginning i was doing breathing, just waching then how energies went up after in breath(very subtle).

I then connect two opposites, i went through the "mysterious gate" it just mean when your connection is succesful immediate reaction follows. Lower tandien activated.

Then i learned to do immortal breath. These energies what went up now i am one with these energies, that means i don't follow energies i am the breath itself now(thats the meaning of immortal breath)

With doing immortal breath i opened middle and upper tandien, there is then momentous deathexperience(field of awareness in total blackness) after that i concentated on my own "face" its the immortal thing(seed of life)) what i need to gather, it appears in front of me. if gathering is succesful immortality is mine.

its was first succesful circle with a fruit. With second you are able(learn, maybe its possible to do before) to breath energies into the body, its opposite to immortal breath.

The point is that the simple regular breathing proccess gets real. Breathing in and out is called birth and death for a reason(small death and birth, going to sleep and waking up is also death and birth XP). To become immortal one needs to master this process.

With every successful circle, it becomes more obvious. Regular mortal breath taken into magnifying glass, immortal breath in then death XP then rebirth and with that my own "experience rises".

there is(may, sometimes maybe not) mental pain after death(or the mental pain of the rebirth). The pill or medicine(probably i used wrong term) is actually a energies die(they are returning to the source(me)) and what i get is more XP, also i feel the mental pain.

This is all real, we experience the death experience (when the circle is succesful) and initiate new beginning, thats what we became to learn down here.

it can be done mastered within a year. the last succesful circle i did couple weeks after last death and birth, maybe it was premature death.

Edited by allinone
  • Like 2