At some point, a reflective person might ask why he or she believed some particular detail was self-evident in the first place.

• Like 1

They might, and then someone could ask, What do you expect as proof ? ( either way)

Both are good questions when internalized, don't you think?

I dunno, Brian, should one doubt that things exist , and so remain open? or would the same leave one closed ,,

essentially would one prefer to see the world as a place they are in ,

or would they want to be in a world where theres nowhere to go, or that they could depend on nothing?

Theres that analogy about the newspaper print , which goes that if one looks close all there are is dots , yes on one scale they comprise the story, but on this other scale the story is ,gone. Looking at a human , then go closer eventually you get down to a cellular level , and are thses parts alive? and then you go smaller still, are these quarks or waves of energy really what we are? .. its an issue of scale , we live on the scale of humans, experience the world with human senses, human minds,, the fabric of the universe is whatever the hell it is, but in a daily sense I just want my coffee and bagel. :)

Edited by Stosh

At some point, a reflective person might ask why he or she believed some particular detail was self-evident in the first place.

This is assuming that the person in question has done some growing.

• Like 1

This is assuming that the person in question has done some growing.

Oh, I totally agree! That's why I put two layers of qualifiers on that sentence, but it was definitely worth calling out.

:)

• Like 1