RongzomFan

The Superiority of Tantra to Sutra

The Direct Path is taught in person.

First off, Direct Path is not a thing.

Its something Dennis Waite or some other NeoAdvaitins made up.

A book does not have Direct Introduction, therefore there is nothing Direct about it.

It has nothing to do with direct introduction to begin with. Nor did it ever aspire to. It isn't related to the buddhadharma, so it's context is completely different. 'Direct Path' is merely a title.

• Like 1

It has nothing to do with direct introduction to begin with. Nor did it ever aspire to. It isn't related to the buddhadharma, so it's context is completely different. 'Direct Path' is merely a title.

Who made up this title?

• Like 1

This is how I can deduce that neither of you are practitioners of buddhadharma.

In your opinion

Guess what conclusions I draw from that :)

First off, Direct Path is not a thing.

Its something Dennis Waite or some other NeoAdvaitins made up.

Incorrect

Who made up this title?

Greg did I'm fairly certain. He has explained the origin of the name but I cannot recall the details. It is based on the teachings of Śri Atmananda Krishna Menon.

I don't practice Advaita, but as far as those teachings go Greg's path is the most refined I have ever encountered. It even deconstructs itself at the end so there is no 'Brahman' or 'awareness' left over, which is unlike any other paths of that kind. Quite interesting.

Greg did I'm fairly certain.

He should have invented a more accurate name.

I noticed he has a book named "Direct Path".

There is nothing direct about a book. A book doesn't have direct introduction.

Its nothing more then Zen people reading sutras.

Just give up the sophistry already.

That's a good example of why I can't be bothered to discuss anything with either of you seriousy now (or ever again) :)

That's a good example of why I can't be bothered to discuss anything with either of you seriousy now (or ever again) :)

Your remarks in this thread are the reason why there can't be any honest discussions about the insights of different traditions on the TTB's.

• Like 1

Will you guys please stop mentally masturbating and hating on each other! This is not some kind of psychological dick measuring contest. Agree to disagree and get over your shallow selves. Get on with your work my friends. Become enlightened, stop pretending to be. 'Nuff said.

• Like 1

Will you guys please stop mentally masturbating and hating on each other! This is not some kind of psychological dick measuring contest. Agree to disagree and get over your shallow selves. Get on with your work my friends. Become enlightened, stop pretending to be. 'Nuff said.

I personally find it all amusing.

• Like 1

He should have invented a more accurate name.

I noticed he has a book named "Direct Path".

There is nothing direct about a book. A book doesn't have direct introduction.

Its nothing more then Zen people reading sutras.

The direct introduction part of it is a complete non-sequitur.

It's like saying Brazilian football players don't wear a helmet and pads so they aren't playing football.

• Like 1

Your remarks in this thread are the reason why there can't be any honest discussions about the insights of different traditions on the TTB's.

My remarks on this thread are due mainly to my experiences of and with the pair of you over a protracted period of time :)

The direct introduction part of it is a complete non-sequitur.

They are advertising their product as Direct, when its not.

They should call it Nondirect Path.

My remarks on this thread are due mainly to my experiences of and with the pair of you over a protracted period of time :)

Yet, you can't overcome your own biased double standards when encountering the teachings of buddhadharma. What's up with that?

• Like 1

They are advertising their product as Direct, when its not.

They should call it Nondirect Path.

In the context of Advaita Vedanta it very well may be direct. It is a completely different context, holding it to a standard of a different teaching it isn't even related to doesn't make much sense.

Now if the book claimed to be a buddhadharma teaching I might perhaps understand the objection.

In the context of Advaita Vedanta it very well may be direct. It is a completely different context, holding it to a standard of a different teaching it isn't even related to doesn't make much sense.

Now if the book claimed to be a buddhadharma teaching I might perhaps understand the objection.

Reading text is nondirect. Period.