Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

What Qigong style is it?

I can't get the quote function to work on my phone...

I took this TTB name because it was the form I was involved in when I joined TTB. And it just sounds cool. And I really love Cranes, have been observing them for years.

What you write about fanhuangog is accurate, except the transmission part. I've never been witness to that and would not do it. Did you google that or are you familiar with the system?

Edit - there are nine movements in FHG, and qi walking exercises are inseparable from the system

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1

I took this TTB name because it was the form I was involved in when I joined TTB. And it just sounds cool. And I really love Cranes, have been observing them for years.

What you write about fanhuangog is accurate, except the transmission part. I've never been witness to that and would not do it. Did you google that or are you familiar with the system?

Edit - there are nine movements in FHG, and qi walking exercises are inseparable from the system

Is there a link to this style?

Is there a link to this style?

Now it works again...

No, there isn't, sorry. There's a video of me doing one figure with a group but I'm going to be taking it down. And there used to be a short video of an American guy doing I think the opening movement, but it was very weird and new agey, and I don't know where he got it from, probably Germany?

Wouldn't really be any use anyway because the important stuff, as always, happens internally :-)

There is a grainy video of prof cong doing the whole form but it's not online.

Edit - I don't really know 100 percent, search the phrase at YouTube and see what comes up. Think I'll do the same just for fun :-D

Edited by soaring crane

What you write about fanhuangog is accurate, except the transmission part. I've never been witness to that and would not do it. Did you google that or are you familiar with the syste?

I google it and sum up since Fanhuangong was not mention here

on TTB in detail.

I am not familar with this system, I only heard it once when

I was with my former main teacher who had a student who was

also teacher in that school and for Fanhuangong.

I was eating with him in the break but he was keep mouth sealed

when I asked about details. (Well he is Qigong teacher and information

is buisness so I guess)

I read it here :

http://www.fanhuangong.com/

"Bis zum 20. Jahrhundert hinein war es eine sehr geheime Übungsmethode,

die nur von Herz zu Herz übertragen wurde,

daher gibt es fast gar keine schriftlichen Aufzeichnungen

und auch sehr wenig Praktizierende."

I may interpret it false if it is meant a only "oral" transmission.

for the "heart to heart".

As some of the school I expirience have "energetic" transmission.

I also expirience myself that most exercise run its own

but if one get the energetic transmission one is catapult

in development. This is what happens when I was on Seminar for Sifu Wong,

one can introduce the Chi Flow how it is called with using the infomtion in

the book and free on Youtube but the personal is again is "heart to heart".

Also this page here desribe the exercises more clearly I think:

http://www.qigong-ausbildung-berlin.de/pages/fanhuangong.html

• Like 1

Yes, nice find. Walter Gutheinz is one of the most involved in the system. The text you linked to are actually poems that accompany the exercises.

• Like 1

Yes, nice find. Walter Gutheinz is one of the most involved in the system. T

he text you linked to are actually poems that accompany the exercises.

I am aware some moments ago that this System

develops a Embryo.

That is an interesting information when it is accurate.

• Like 1

I found that awhile ago. Was hoping there is a DVD.

In German there is a DVD as I mentioned.

I didn't know they had posted that video online. That's Prof. Cong, the 'Father' of the German Qigong Society.

Edited by soaring crane

In German there is a DVD as I mentioned.

I didn't know they had posted that video online. That's prof. Cong, the 'father of the gGerman Qigong society

I know a little German but not enough. I found 'Soaring Crane' on you tube by another teacher. Unfortunately, I don't understand Chinese.

• Like 1

I am aware some moments ago that this System

develops a Embryo.

That is an interesting information when it is accurate.

Yes. The movements are like a journey. The 9th movement I mentioned is a still movement.

Daoist cosmology plays a central role.

The 7th movement is called 'the silver river gushes into the sea' (my English translation). And is practiced at night in alignment with the milky way /silver river. It's the preparation for the 8th movement...

That's why I said that a simple video really doesn't help much.

But I should add that many, too many, practitioners and teachers utilize the system for the physical aspects alone. Like a gymnastics routine. It's good for that, too but it's not the intention, obviously.

Edited by soaring crane

Yes. The movement are like a journey. The 9th movement I mentioned is a still movement.

Daoist cosmology plays a central role.

The 7th movement is called 'the silver river gushes into the sea' (my English translation). And is practiced at night in alignment with the milky way /silver river. It's the preparation for the 8th movement...

That's why I said that a simple video really doesn't help much.

But I should add that many, too many, practitioners and teachers utilize the system for the physical aspects alone. Like a gymnastics routine. It's good for that, too but it's not the intention, obviously.

Oh that means as the other teacher utilize the system for the physical aspect

you can do one for the spiritual aspect! ^_^

I feel alone the poems and meaning behind the form are beautiful.

• Like 1

I know a little German but not enough. I found 'Soaring Crane' on you tube by another teacher. Unfortunately, I don't understand Chinese.

yeah but wait a minute (I had to get out my laptop because replying like this is impossible on the mobile) that's Hexianzhuang, der Fliegender Kranich, Soaring Crane form. I think you asked about a Fanuhuangong DVD. The two forms are very different, and have very different histories. The FHG video link Friend posted is very good.

Soaring Crane is well-known in Germany due to Petra Hinterthuer, who learned directly from Zhao, the 'inventor' of the form, in Hong Kong (she was born and raised in H-K) and then brought the form to Germany, and the West in general.

Cool Hexianzhuang trivia - it was by far the most popular Qigong in China, and extremely successful in healing disease and ailments. It was encouraged by the government for a long time. But then it was banned. The 'secret' sixth form, Zifagong, spontaneous movement, led people toward all kinds of self-expression, some of it explicitly sexual, some of it just totally wild, that the leaders didn't approve of. And they banned it.

Was it the precursor to the Falun movement?

I've been to Zifa group sessions that got really bizarre and can only imagine what the Chinese, with all the oppression and suppression they had to live with, let out when they let loose.

I feel alone the poems and meaning behind the form are beautiful.

yes, they're very beautiful :) I guess I could work on an English translation ...

• Like 1

yeah but wait a minute (I had to get out my laptop because replying like this is impossible on the mobile) that's Hexianzhuang, der Fliegender Kranich, Soaring Crane form. I think you asked about a Fanuhuangong DVD. The two forms are very different, and have very different histories. The FHG video link Friend posted is very good.

Soaring Crane is well-known in Germany due to Petra Hinterthuer, who learned directly from Zhao, the 'inventor' of the form, in Hong Kong (she was born and raised in H-K) and then brought the form to Germany, and the West in general.

Cool Hexianzhuang trivia - it was by far the most popular Qigong in China, and extremely successful in healing disease and ailments. It was encouraged by the government for a long time. But then it was banned. The 'secret' sixth form, Zifagong, spontaneous movement, led people toward all kinds of self-expression, some of it explicitly sexual, some of it just totally wild, that the leaders didn't approve of. And they banned it.

I've been to Zifa group sessions that got really bizarre and can only imagine what the Chinese, with all the oppression and suppression they had to live with, let out when they let loose.

Oh you heard it too about the Zifa part?

Oh you heard it too about the Zifa part?

yes, of course, it's part of the history. I spent four years getting a teacher certificate from the DQGG and Hexianzhuang was one of the main forms. We covered it pretty thoroughly. I've also learned directly with Petra. Soaring Crane, Fanhuangong and Qigong Walking (xixihu) are the main subjects in my classes.

(But for myself, I practice more spontaneous movement and spiraling forms, like it says under my name, haha)

Guess what the characters say at the end of the video.

"For the purpose of internal teaching only but not to be taught to outsiders."

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Interesting, thank you! I wonder if that was included due to the unfavorable status of the form in China?

As far as I know, it's being practiced again in China, btw.

The Zifagong is the standing? Which is done after the five routines? Zhao talks about the standing with spontaneous movements.

• Like 1

Thanks for the translation! A very close friend of mine speaks fluent Chinese but she is in Kathmandu for 9 more months.

From what I could find out about 'Soaring Crane' it seems to be related to 'Cosmos Qigong'. Yan Xin and Wong Kiew Kit are practitioners of 'Cosmos'. I would add that all forms are related in some way and are fragments of a larger system.

The Zifagong is the standing? Which is done after the five routines? Zhao talks about the standing with spontaneous movements.

Jein (that's a 'ja' and a 'nein' in one word)

It's standing at first, but it's setting the intention in the back seat to observe what happens as the qi streams through the meridians and vessels and moves the body ( and mind). What comes out could be quite literally anything.

The most extreme I've witnessed is a woman who turned into a werewolf. Scared the hell out of the rest of us.

With me, my spine springs to life and contorts in ways I could never do intentionally. And lots of other things happen. Lasts 10-15 minutes and then settles down.

And with the oppressed Chinese who got into this in the 80s, it really went overboard. There were reported deaths. Not violent deaths, but people who, after hours of Zifa, basically laid down and died (that could well be propaganda, but afaik it was the official reason for the ban).

The thing about spontaneous movement: it's easy to trick yourself into believing it's really happening. It's easy to be creative. But that's counterproductive, and not so easy to overcome.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this