chegg

Salvation - Guaranteed or Not ?

What is salvation?

Excellent question Mr xor ! Perhaps you can grace us with your perspective?. :)

Edited by chegg

Immortality. Buddhahood. The perspective of the uncreate. Not having a self, by realizing it is so selflessly, intimately, no different than nonoriginated Unity …your own mind-ground. This is the body of humanity. It is itself unborn.

The conventional christian god amounts to a demiurge. This god has become the personification of ego and the gnostic gospels spell this out. The demiurge is itself bound to this world, unable to pass through the veil as you can by seeing your nature which is a preemption of the primal organization.

The teachings of Christ are valid, but no one is allowed to use them effectively. There is no living christian tradition effectively, much less openly, keeping this knowledge alive for the purpose of transcendent realization.

Salvation has nothing to do with religion; it is the source of it.

ed note: add to 2nd paragraph

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

I've been trying to work out what the difference is between Jesus and the other Spiritual Masters that have blessed us with their teachings. Please add/correct comments as you see fit. :)

According to written accounts, Jesus,

- was offered directly by his father to us as a direct embodiment of the word of god.

- did not need to meditate to clean out the fetters.

- was not perfected over cycles of incarnations, he was perfect on the first incarnation.

- he died and came back to life.

- the crucifixion/resurrection was a symbolic event of something much deeper in the consciousness of humanity.

- he said "I am" not "I was" or "I will be" meaning he has always been in existence and just happened to pop up at the right time -- sort of like "I am the alpha and the omega" ?.

can anyone think of anymore ?

Your last statement is the main issue, IMO... He was persecuted for those two words alone.

The rest is but a commentary or metaphor lived out in bodily flesh.

• Like 1

What is salvation?

The basic meaning is to be 'saved'... the natural follow up question is: Saved from what?

That answer differs in cultures and religions... but the idea persists in the human condition.

• Like 2

This is all primitive thinking on a grand cosmological scale.

This religious nonsense does not exist therefore it only exists between your ears and so holds back spiritual evolution as a species.

If you where to take away the human race from this planet, leaving you lot out of the equation, where do you find good or evil, religion or science, god and the so called devil ????

The answer is simple.

• Like 2