Sign in to follow this  
Uroboros

Yin/Yang Healing Sounds?

For example- Last night I felt my heart was a bit iffy, so I pressed and massaged Pericardium 6. It felt a little sore, so I did 3 rounds of HA while pressing it. Afterwards, my heart felt better and the point did not hurt.

Another time, I was feeling a bit coughy/ sneezy. It was also hard to breathe. Lung 7 often times helps my breathe/ diaphragm to move lower and deepen the breath. So, I rubbed and pressed Lung 7 and did some Si's. My breath felt much smoother and deeper afterwards.

My girlfriend had pain in her Small Intestine channel area, so I massaged the point of origin, SM 11, while she did 3 HA's.

Afterwards, she felt better. She then did three Kee's/ Xi, Triple Warmer sound. Her arm felt much better and SM 11 did not hurt anymore.

This is what I have been experimenting with. Its quite powerful, so far.

I have been choosing points based on what they do and if they hurt. It seems to work quite well.

Try it out!

Peace

Great idea... I'm going to try to utilize it in this way.

You didn't say why you picked PC6 or LU7... I saw a pattern until you said SM11... the first two are Luo Connecting points.

I created this chart some time ago to keep track of the Energy points:

r933b7.jpg

Jing-Well points are where the qi bubbles up. Jing-Well points are indicated to revive consciousness. Jing-Well points are known to treat fullness below the Heart and clear Heat.

Ying-Spring points are where the qi dribbles down the meridian. Ying-Spring points are indicated for heat in the body and changes in the complexion. Ying-Spring points are known to clear heat from the meridian.

Shu-Stream points are where the qi starts to pour down the meridian. They are known to alleviate heaviness and pain in the joints. On Yin Meridians, Shu-Stream points are identical to the actions of Yuan-Source points.

Jing-River points are where the qi of the meridian begins to flow more heavily. They are known to treat cough and asthma due to pathogenic cold or heat.

He-Sea points are where the qi of the meridian collects and goes deep into the body. He-sea points are known to indicated treat rebellious qi and diarrhea.

Luo-Connecting points of one meridian can communicate with two meridians.

Xi-Cleft point is the site where the Qi of the meridian is deeply converged. Qi and blood are stored deeply at these particular points. If there appear abnormal reactions at X-Cleft points, it shows that the pathogens have entered the deeper parts of Zang-Fu organs. Thus, they are used for acute, painful symptoms, inflammation, protracted diseases of its pertaining meridian and Zang-Fun organ. Also, Xi-Cleft points of the Yin meridians have hemostatic functions.

Yuan-Source points are the sites where the Yuan (Primary) qi of the Zang-Fu organs passes and stays. Puncturing the Yuan-Source points stimulates the vital energy of the regular meridians

http://www.rootdown.us/Points/PointBrowse.aspx?EnergeticPropertyID=2

Edited by dawei

You didn't say why you picked PC6 or LU7... I saw a pattern until you said SM11... the first two are Luo Connecting points.

r933b7.jpg

Jing-Well points are where the qi bubbles up. Jing-Well points are indicated to revive consciousness. Jing-Well points are known to treat fullness below the Heart and clear Heat.

Ying-Spring points are where the qi dribbles down the meridian. Ying-Spring points are indicated for heat in the body and changes in the complexion. Ying-Spring points are known to clear heat from the meridian.

Shu-Stream points are where the qi starts to pour down the meridian. They are known to alleviate heaviness and pain in the joints. On Yin Meridians, Shu-Stream points are identical to the actions of Yuan-Source points.

Jing-River points are where the qi of the meridian begins to flow more heavily. They are known to treat cough and asthma due to pathogenic cold or heat.

He-Sea points are where the qi of the meridian collects and goes deep into the body. He-sea points are known to indicated treat rebellious qi and diarrhea.

Xi-Cleft point is the site where the Qi of the meridian is deeply converged. Qi and blood are stored deeply at these particular points. If there appear abnormal reactions at X-Cleft points, it shows that the pathogens have entered the deeper parts of Zang-Fu organs. Thus, they are used for acute, painful symptoms, inflammation, protracted diseases of its pertaining meridian and Zang-Fun organ. Also, Xi-Cleft points of the Yin meridians have hemostatic functions.

Yuan-Source points are the sites where the Yuan (Primary) qi of the Zang-Fu organs passes and stays. Puncturing the Yuan-Source points stimulates the vital energy of the regular meridians

The reason I picked Small Intestine 11 was because that is where her pain started. It was the first place that became sore, then it spread down the channel into her arm. So, I started at the first point of pain. It worked quite well.

Wonderful charts! Very helpful to have the types laid out so clearly. Thanks, Dawei!

Peace

r933b7.jpg

I found this in a book I am reading thru-

When a disease is in the viscera, choose the well points. When a disease results in a change of color, choose the rapids points. When a disease is sometimes mild and sometimes severe, choose the brook points. When a disease results in changes in the voice or is due to repletion within a channel [a variant version says “connecting vessels”] and (stagnant) blood, choose the stream points. And when a disease is in the stomach [a variant version says “chest”] or is caused by irregularities in eating and drinking, choose the confluence points. Therefore this is spoken of as flavor ruling the confluence points. Together these are called the five changes (associated with the five transporting points).

Connecting this theory with the chart above and the sounds could be powerful.

What are your thoughts?

Peace

Connecting this theory with the chart above and the sounds could be powerful.

What are your thoughts?

I think I finally found an excuse to actually try out my chart in combination with all the good info you and your thread provides!

I think I finally found an excuse to actually try out my chart in combination with all the good info you and your thread provides!

Wooo! Yay for excuses!

Let me know what you find out! I am interested to hear what you find by combining all this.

Thanks!

Peace

This is a great thread!

To answer the OPs question from the beginning - my teacher taught me sounds for some of the organ pairings. I cant remember them at the moment, but if I remember I will repost!!

• Like 1

This is a great thread!

To answer the OPs question from the beginning - my teacher taught me sounds for some of the organ pairings. I cant remember them at the moment, but if I remember I will repost!!

Fantastic! Im glad you joined in!

Please do share some if you remember. That would be a great addition!

I have heard that some QiGong systems, like Dayan and Yi Jin Jing, use the sounds differently. They have their own categorization that does match the 6, yet can be different. Such as pairs, instead of single sounds.

I look forward to hearing what you learned, Daojones!

Peace

I found this in a book I am reading thru-

When a disease is in the viscera, choose the well points.

The Systematic Classic of Acupuncture & Moxibustion

By Mi Huangfu

?

I have saved a link to the google book version... :)

The Systematic Classic of Acupuncture & Moxibustion

By Mi Huangfu

?

I have saved a link to the google book version... :)

Yea! That book. It is interesting. Allot of it is a bit too complex for me, yet. There are pieces I can grasp, which I find fascinating.

Its a nice book to have.

What do you think, Dawei?

Yea! That book. It is interesting. Allot of it is a bit too complex for me, yet. There are pieces I can grasp, which I find fascinating.

Its a nice book to have.

What do you think, Dawei?

I feel like my mom just asked me if I cleaned my room ! :D

I wish I had time to really digest that book as it looks very good... I'll have to suffer with looking at whatever pages they provide in google books. :)

I feel like my mom just asked me if I cleaned my room ! :D

I wish I had time to really digest that book as it looks very good... I'll have to suffer with looking at whatever pages they provide in google books. :)

Hahaha! Naww. Not like that.

You can get it on Scribd. Thats where I got it.

A book worth having, me thinks.

Please do let me know what you think when you can read it.

Peace

Hahaha! Naww. Not like that.

You can get it on Scribd. Thats where I got it.

A book worth having, me thinks.

Please do let me know what you think when you can read it.

Peace

In the old days, one could download from scribd at will... now you must pay for it... Let's just say I saw the day coming and I downloaded everything I could... but I must of missed this one !

In the old days, one could download from scribd at will... now you must pay for it... Let's just say I saw the day coming and I downloaded everything I could... but I must of missed this one !

Yes, the new system...Grrr!!!

I got allot before they changed it. I did have to pay 8 bucks, I spent a month gathering like a squirrel! I got over a hundred books from that 8 dollars. MAUAHAHA!

Here ya go! Fresh to order!

http://www.biblio.nhat-nam.ru/The_systematic_classic_of_acupuncture_and_moxibustion.pdf

Edited by Uroboros

huh, I would say no. The bowls I would more closely compare with mantra singing and other deeply resonant sounds. They resonate deeply in the body's cells and cause waves of internal vibrations, movement. And the vibrations spread out over much larger regions. The Chinese healing sounds are a lot more specific to the organs and they emulate sounds associated with them i.e. the steaming tea pot to release pressure from the liver/gall bladder (thereby releasing anger i.e. 'blowing off steam') or the melancholic sigh for the lungs. These sounds have a way of attracting the specific organ's attention, and I'd say their effectiveness is actually quite subjective and experiential/cultural.

Also, there's the aspect of passive/active. A singing bowl 'massage' is done for you, and the more passive you are, the more effective the experience. Nobody can do the organ healing sounds for you.

Sidenote:

In groups and for myself (for example, while driving, lol), I do a kind of humming exercise where we go through the (German) vowel sounds, rearranged to fit the area of the body they're meant to reach: U, O, A, E, I and the the classic M from Ohm, or a nasal NG sound.

But German is a phonetic language and the letters are pronounced differently, so it' actually going:

U = "Oooooooo" (fool) Unten, below, Huiyin

O = "Oooohhhh" (grow) Bauch, belly

A = "Aaaahhhh" (pot) Herz, Heart

E = "Aaaaayyyy" (sway) Kehle, throat

I = "Eeeeeeee" (feel) Stirn, forehead

... Mmmmmnnngg .... Baihui :-)

Starts at the bottom and works its way up ... It's normally done in sitting, and in yoga classes. But because I'm a Qigong dude, we stand up and have a nice arm movement to go with it. I then do it in the reverse direction, to return to the roots and remain well grounded.

Soaring Crane- I have been playing with the German Vowels and they are impressive!

I can feel them, right away, in the region they are "supposed" to be in. Interestingly, it is also starting to open things up and resonate more the more I do them.

Thank you for sharing!

The vowel sounds are, from what little I have heard, words of power. A very powerful way of working with reality and the universal force.

What has your experience been with them?

Peace

Yes, the new system...Grrr!!!

I was got allot before they changed it. I did have to pay 8 bucks, I spent a month gathering like a squirrel! I got over a hundred books from that 8 dollars. MAUAHAHA!

Here ya go! Fresh to order!

http://www.biblio.nhat-nam.ru/The_systematic_classic_of_acupuncture_and_moxibustion.pdf

Snap! Word! I owe you a few pdfs for this baby... stay in touch.

Snap! Word! I owe you a few pdfs for this baby... stay in touch.

No problem! Im glad I remembered where I found that puppy.

You dont owe me a thing.

I shall! You stay in touch as well.

Be well.

Peace

Sign in to follow this