Mudryah

Before Shaolin there was India.

"Indian mythology" ... what a vague claim and term. There is a distinct difference in the relationship between Deva and Asura in the earliest Vedas than there is in the latter Vedas. They used to work together didn't they ... pulling that giant snake to turn the milk to butter to reveal the hidden elixir ... it was supposed to be shared but then the naughty 'Devarti' Indians' stole it didn't they ? ... Didn't share ... Naughty !

Ah yes.. the Elixir..

Soma (Sanskrit सोम sóma), or Haoma (Avestan), from Proto-Indo-Iranian *sauma-, was a Vedic ritual drink of importance among the early Indo-Iranians, and the subsequent Vedic and greater Persian cultures. It is frequently mentioned in the Rigveda, whose Soma Mandala contains 114 hymns, many praising its energizing qualities. In the Avesta, Haoma has the entire Yašt 20 and Yasna 9-11 dedicated to it.
It is described as being prepared by extracting juice from the stalks of a certain plant. In both Vedic and Zoroastrian tradition, the name of the drink and the plant are the same, and also personified as a divinity, the three forming a religious or mythological unity.

Ephedera .... Indra was a speed freak. THAT type of elixiir certainly didnt migrate to China and form the type of Elixir there. ;)

People twist the studies. For example, one of the Harvard authors of the studies you cite says "Our paper basically discards Aryan theory."

But internet people like you are smarter than Harvard geneticists.

I thought it would have been obvious that what I posted was from Google and not my own research. I mean, I didnt even change the format.

It is to show the most popular current views. Yet you seemed to have attributed all of that to me :D and claim that I am smarter for quoting the people than the people I quote :blink:

I am presenting the other side as A side of the story, not THE side of the story .... but then again I dont identify as Indian, Aryan, Chinese, or Persian ... so I am bound to be biased.

However I am slightly swayed towrds Yulaw in post 126 <thumbsup>

I have tasted the sweet drink of life, knowing that it inspires good thoughts and joyous expansiveness to the extreme, that all the gods and mortals seek it together, calling it honey. When you penetrate inside, you will know no limits, and you will avert the wrath of the gods... We have drunk the Soma; we have become immortal; we have gone to the light; we have found the gods. What can hatred and the malice of a mortal do to us now, O immortal one? Weakness and diseases have gone; the forces of darkness have fled in terror. Soma has climbed up in us, expanding endlessly.

- Rig Veda (8th mandala, 48th hymn)

I thought it would have been obvious that what I posted was from Google and not my own research. I mean, I didnt even change the format.

It is to show the most popular current views. Yet you seemed to have attributed all of that to me :D and claim that I am smarter for quoting the people than the people I quote :blink:

I am presenting the other side as A side of the story, not THE side of the story .... but then again I dont identify as Indian, Aryan, Chinese, or Persian ... so I am bound to be biased.

However I am slightly swayed towrds Yulaw in post 126 <thumbsup>

I go with Harvard geneticists. There is no Aryan migration.

India is the source of Aryans.

Edited by RongzomFan

http://www.iisc.ernet.in/currsci/oct25/articles20.htm

one of the reasons "indologists" used to try and morph the now defunct "Aryan Invasion Theory" into "Aryan Migration Theory" (both of which claim Vedic people were either invaders or immigrants that came from Central Asia/West Asia/Europe to displace and conquer the native population of India (the so-called Dravidians) ) is that they claim the Rg Veda (oldest of the 4 vedas) referred to and revered a river named "Sarasvati" which was deemed to have been lost eventually. Since there were in the early days of indology no way to discern whether such as river even existed, Euro-centric Indologists/philologists such as Max Mueller etc off-handedly ignored internal astronomical data within the Rg Veda (which would show its oldest components were composed as early as 5000-3500 BCE) and arbitrarily (based on Christian creation myth which dated the creation of earth to 4000 BCE) assigned a date of 1500 BCE to the composition of the Rg Veda.

However, the article above shows the now discovered river bed of the Saraswati River as being clearly flowing through the north-western part of Indian subcontinent and to the east of the Indus river, thereby giving credence to the group of modern/native indian indologists who support the theory that Vedic people were native to India.

1058.gif

The geological data indicates that the Saraswati River dried up due to tectonic activity around 1900 BCE (which is also the period during which the so-called Indus Valley Civilization was deemed to have been abandoned/fallen).

• Like 1