Mudryah

An End to Killing Taoist Movie.

In Turkmenistan, there is a city conquered by Genghis Khan. The city was under siege but there was a resistance. There was a river running nearby the city. A woman came to Genghis Khan and told him that she knew the way to conquer the city. He asked her to tell it. The woman told that he should construct a barrier on the river such that the water will flood to the city beyond that barrier. The defenders would surrender. Genghis Khan applied this advice and it really worked. All the civilians and defenders had been killed as in other conquers. What happened to that woman? Genghis Khan said "Behead that woman as nobody can be wiser than me!"

For the interested parties,

The name of the city mentioned in my above post is Konya Urgench or Kunya Urgench. It is in Turkmenistan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunya_Urgench

The city was the capital of Khorezm Empire. The river is Amu-Darya.

Excerpt from the above given link:

Formerly situated on the Amu-Darya River, Old Ürgenç was one of the greatest cities on the Silk Road. Its foundation date is uncertain, but the extant ruins of the Kyrkmolla fortress have been dated (rather ambitiously) to the Achaemenid period.[1] The 12th and early 13th centuries were the golden age of Ürgenç, it became the capital of Khorezm Empire as "Gürgench" and it surpassed in population and fame all other Central Asian cities barring Bukhara.[1] In 1221, Genghis Khan razed it to the ground in one of the bloodiest massacres in human history.

Edited by Isimsiz Biri

I think Genghis Khan's warring strategy was to burn everything behind and left nothing for the enemy; and massacre all and left no one behind to revenge.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

There is no Satan in Taoism.....

In the sense that Abrahamic religions define Satan, I agree, there is no such figure in Daoism. Please refer to Di Yu and Yaoguai links I posted above, with Buddhist effect there is a hell and demon concept in Chinese culture.

Here is the movie with English subtitles:

http://www.qire123.com/action/zhishaling/

you will need to download the baidu player first, then scroll down to find on the left side, under the pictureof the movie for

HD1280高清

click on that, and it will open another window where the movie will begin.

the site also has a lot of movies to watch for free...new releases, still in movies, and non popular movies too.

Enjoy, and improve on Chinese.. hahaha

• Like 5

For the interested parties,

The name of the city mentioned in my above post is Konya Urgench or Kunya Urgench. It is in Turkmenistan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunya_Urgench

The city was the capital of Khorezm Empire. The river is Amu-Darya.

Excerpt from the above given link:

Formerly situated on the Amu-Darya River, Old Ürgenç was one of the greatest cities on the Silk Road. Its foundation date is uncertain, but the extant ruins of the Kyrkmolla fortress have been dated (rather ambitiously) to the Achaemenid period.[1] The 12th and early 13th centuries were the golden age of Ürgenç, it became the capital of Khorezm Empire as "Gürgench" and it surpassed in population and fame all other Central Asian cities barring Bukhara.[1] In 1221, Genghis Khan razed it to the ground in one of the bloodiest massacres in human history.

I have been informed that the flood and mud covered the library of the city when Genghis Khan's army made the river flood the city. Now, there is an effort to reach the library but it is very costly.

• Like 1

you will need to download the baidu player first, then scroll down to find on the left side, under the pictureof the movie for

HD1280高清

the site also has a lot of movies to watch for free...new releases, still in movies, and non popular movies too.

Bad idea if you can't read modern Mandarin. The baidu player downloads an MS Office type program which changes all your MS office files to that program - WPS office, and then doesn't let you remove it - just gives you prompts in Mandarin with too many options to know if it`s going to do more damage or not.

If anyone knows how to remove this program, please PM me. Thanks.

edit -- It appears I managed to remove all the files by finding them in start menu - right click - open file location - delete

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Watched a movie last night titled "Blood Money". Pretty good martial arts. Pretty gritty plot so not good for the very young.

Libraries seem to be one the first things to be destroyed. It's no wonder we know so little about our past.

Here's a great book on that subject I read a few months ago.

Burning books and leveling libraries : extremist violence and cultural destruction by Rebecca Knuth.

It doesn't just tell of the extremes groups will go to to erase the printed cultural history and heritage of a group, but also how far some have gone to try to protect their libraries from destruction. From memory it deals mainly with 20th century events but ends with the destruction of Iraqi libraries last decade.

Books can sometimes be so threatening. Years ago, I read an eyewitness account of Pol Pot's takeover of Cambodia and one of the things that I remember most about the book was the author's description of the deserted streets being covered in wind blown paper from all of the destroyed books and manuscripts. Later, the author was part of a work detail to collect the paper so it could be reused.

HD1280高清

The Baidu client does not stream any longer; it passes everything off to Quaibo client now.... so you can either get Quaibo client or watch it here with english subs:

ADDED: For those who use Quaibo, I tested http://www.qire123.com/action/zhishaling/ and the pass off is working as expected. File is 1.9 GB. This quality is probably better than my link but the above link will not need any client.
Edited by dawei