8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Shows it was not just mind level contact (mind transmission). :)

He certainly sets the bar high if the biblical account is to be believed :)  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bindi said:

He certainly sets the bar high if the biblical account is to be believed :)  

Agreed. He does set a very high bar. :) 

• Like 1

Moving on,

72. A [person said] to him, "Tell my brothers to divide my father's possessions with me." He said to the person, "Mister, who made me a divider?" He turned to his disciples and said to them, "I'm not a divider, am I?"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jonesboy said:

Moving on,

72. A [person said] to him, "Tell my brothers to divide my father's possessions with me." He said to the person, "Mister, who made me a divider?" He turned to his disciples and said to them, "I'm not a divider, am I?"

Of course not... The whole point is to be "One with the father"... No separation, just being... 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jonesboy said:

Moving on,

Also found in Luke:13 Someone in the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” 14 But Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed Me judge or executor between you?” 15 And He said to them, “Watch out! Guard yourselves against every form of greed, for a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

Jesus refuses to be an arbiter of worldly affairs which involve greed and desire for possessions, as his interest is purely with things of the spirit.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Also found in Luke:13 Someone in the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” 14 But Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed Me judge or executor between you?” 15 And He said to them, “Watch out! Guard yourselves against every form of greed, for a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

Jesus refuses to be an arbiter of worldly affairs which involve greed and desire for possessions, as his interest is purely with things of the spirit.

Yes, and in context I think he is saying the worrying about worldly items in general is a waste of time...

And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me. And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.

‭‭Luke‬ ‭12:13-22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

• Like 2

Reminds me of one of my favorite verses, 

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matthew 6:25

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

73)  Jesus said, "The harvest is great but the laborers are few.
Beseech the Lord, therefore, to send out laborers to the
harvest."

7 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

73)  Jesus said, "The harvest is great but the laborers are few.
Beseech the Lord, therefore, to send out laborers to the
harvest."

There are very few true teachers bringing light into the world. We could definitely use some more. :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

74. He said, "Lord, there are many around the drinking trough, but there is nothing in the well."

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

74. He said, "Lord, there are many around the drinking trough, but there is nothing in the well."

Seems to be a very strong comment regarding institutional religion. Or in this case, it shows how Jesus felt about the Pharisees at the time.

• Like 2

75. Jesus said, "There are many standing at the door, but those who are alone will enter the bridal suite."

Just now, Fa Xin said:

75. Jesus said, "There are many standing at the door, but those who are alone will enter the bridal suite."

This one is very interesting to me, especially the part where it says, "Those who are alone..."  Anyone have any thoughts?

17 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

This one is very interesting to me, especially the part where it says, "Those who are alone..."  Anyone have any thoughts?

To be "alone" means that one has integrated their male and female energy sides (or could also say integrated your higher self), as there are no longer "two sides" of you.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jeff said:

To be "alone" means that one has integrated their male and female energy sides (or could also say integrated your higher self), as there are no longer "two sides" of you.

So in this case, the bridal chamber means the “light of God”? So merging your male and female sides, you will ultimately merge with God...

9 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

So in this case, the bridal chamber means the “light of God”? So merging your male and female sides, you will ultimately merge with God...

The bridal chamber means something a little different than light of God (or maybe explain what you mean by that phrase).  The bridal chamber is beyond what many might call the "soul", and about realizing "son of God".

Verse 106 touches on the point of the two becoming one...

106. Jesus said, "When you make the two into one, you will become children of Adam, and when you say, 'Mountain, move from here!' it will move."

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jeff said:

The bridal chamber means something a little different than light of God (or maybe explain what you mean by that phrase).  The bridal chamber is beyond what many might call the "soul", and about realizing "son of God".

Verse 106 touches on the point of the two becoming one...

106. Jesus said, "When you make the two into one, you will become children of Adam, and when you say, 'Mountain, move from here!' it will move."

Thanks... much to think about. Seems more akin to “realizing you are all” rather than just “realizing you are the light”

• Like 1

76. Jesus said, "The Father's kingdom is like a merchant who had a supply of merchandise and found a pearl. That merchant was prudent; he sold the merchandise and bought the single pearl for himself. So also with you, seek his treasure that is unfailing, that is enduring, where no moth comes to eat and no worm destroys."

Edited by Fa Xin

Just now, Fa Xin said:

76. Jesus said, "The Father's kingdom is like a merchant who had a supply of merchandise and found a pearl. That merchant was prudent; he sold the merchandise and bought the single pearl for himself.

To me, the merchandise is all of the worldly things, and the pearl is the hidden Kingdom of God. Being prudent (keep digging, keep asking) you will not only lose the worldly things - but in a way you USE (sell) the worldly things to find the Kingdom (for instance, suffering and desire may cause you to look within for happiness).

• Like 2

I guess we can keep this going. Just because we move onto the next one, doesn't mean we can't go back - if anyone wants to share thoughts about any of the previous verses, please, do share!

77. Jesus said, "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained. Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."

2 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

77. Jesus said, "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained. Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."

Powerful statement.  Being all...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Powerful statement.  Being all...

Agreed.

I feel like statements like this (verse 77) is why some people have an aversion to Jesus... 

One could read it and think, "Boy, this guy is cocky..." or think it's more of the Fundamental "He is the Lord of all" stuff.

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

78. Jesus said, "Why have you come out to the countryside? To see a reed shaken by the wind? And to see a person dressed in soft clothes, [like your] rulers and your powerful ones? They are dressed in soft clothes, and they cannot understand truth."

15 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

78. Jesus said, "Why have you come out to the countryside? To see a reed shaken by the wind? And to see a person dressed in soft clothes, [like your] rulers and your powerful ones? They are dressed in soft clothes, and they cannot understand truth."

Wealth and worldly possessions are not a sign of spiritual growth. Spiritual growth is the ultimate stabile base... 

• Like 1