Sign in to follow this  
Flolfolil

Bradley Manning apparently wants to be a woman

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/22/bradley-manning-woman-chelsea-gender-reassignment

"But Fort Leavenworth military prison in Kansas, where Manning is due to serve out her sentence, said on Thursday that it would not provide trans treatment beyond psychiatric support, in a move criticised as unconstitutional by activists and LGBT groups."

Whatever activist groups, just stop. The government does not owe anyone a vagina.

The government does not owe anyone a vagina.

You are wrong, the government does not ANYTHING BUT owe.

FOR the people BY the people. Government is a SERVANT, not a leader or decision maker.

You are wrong as hell.

And were the unfortunate person to have a complete sex change (whatever that means) by way of surgery and hormone treatment then should they serve their sentence in a male or female prison?

The psychological aspect is what strikes me about the situation.

Here is a guy (maybe gay or bisexual in the first place) in a nearly all-male institution (the military) and he summoned up tremendous courage to do the right thing and the legal thing (by international law). What was the response by the males (military)? Try and convict him and put him in jail for decades. Seems not surprising to me that he would, as a result, want nothing to do with maleness. We are looking at profound trauma done to an individual by an overwhelming group.

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 2

i have nothing nonviolent or non threatening to say about the military.

But i will say this:

Something's gotta give! We cannot continue to allow criminals to rule the world, we must not allow might to make right unless we only use that logic to kill off and eliminate every instance of belief that might does make right.

If you believe might makes right, then you have authorized me to kill you: you've expressed taht if i am successful i am right and you're wrong.

Therefore, i propose to "might makes right" phase out every MmR believer until only warriors who protect the meek, innocent, and weaker people are the only people who value might!

Here is a guy (maybe gay or bisexual in the first place) in a nearly all-male institution (the military) and he summoned up tremendous courage to do the right thing and the legal thing (by international law). What was the response by the males (military)? Try and convict him and put him in jail for decades. Seems not surprising to me that he would, as a result, want nothing to do with maleness. We are looking at profound trauma done to an individual by an overwhelming group.

This makes sense. Though I see this changing hir case into another media circus along with the celebrities and whatnot.

Edited by Guest

Being a wrongful institution has NOTHING to do with being male. Give females the power and they would be just as corrupt. No more, no less.

• Like 1

Apparently he had some gender dysphoria prior to being detained...I read that he emailed pictures of himself dressing up as a woman to his higher ups titled "my problem". So this stuff was before the military turned on him.

I do agree that he did the right and legal thing, and that he shouldn't have been punished like he was...but the military is a strange organization. It doesn't operate by the highest ethical standards, even though many of its soldiers do, such as Manning. These good soldiers can tend to be crushed by the organization, at times. As they told me before basic training, "Keep your head down and you'll make it through".

• Like 2

k

Edited by skydog

Sign in to follow this