SonOfTheGods

I will say something, this from my own thoughts, as I have yet to see this anywhere else.

The sky looks light on earth because sunlight is reflected off particles.

In space, there is no noticeable light coming from anywhere except in a straight line from the Sun and other stars, because space is a near-vacuum. Therefore, look at the sky between stars and it looks dark.

Light travels in straight lines. If light isn't coming from somewhere, you can stare there and see nothing, regardless of an intense light source which isn't in your field of vision.

Go in space and get the sun in your field of vision - then that light is entering your eyes and it's bright.

near vacuum, or not?

which is it?

if it is near, then it is not- which means there should be light, but there isn't any, according to your logic

near vacuum, or not?

which is it?

if it is near, then it is not- which means there should be light, but there isn't any, according to your logic

This.

Quick, you better rush out and copyright this immediately!!!

LOLOLOL /facepalm @ OP

that

near vacuum, or not?

which is it?

Also, the moon reflects light, how is that possible according to the logic you are using?

Also, how does all those cameras work in outer space, taking photos and bringing them back via stream, if light is/is not working, according to your logic?

There is either light, or not

Re-read, --or read it for the very first time-- my original post

good idea Celestial...

Copyright © savior.twin.hooks@gmail

Edited by SonOfTheGods

So to those who are actually understanding what I am saying:

You will notice our Sun is now a white light, not as yellowish as it was years ago.

The Sun light is also somewhat painful now

The reason being, is our Magnetosphere is being diminshed.

There are actual science sites that confirm this.

Do your homework if you want to learn more.

The appearance of this colour change is what I am talking about in my OP

Edited by SonOfTheGods

The sky looks light on earth because sunlight is reflected off particles.

In space, there is no noticeable light coming from anywhere except in a straight line from the Sun and other stars, because space is a near-vacuum. Therefore, look at the sky between stars and it looks dark.

Light travels in straight lines. If light isn't coming from somewhere, you can stare there and see nothing, regardless of an intense light source which isn't in your field of vision.

Go in space and get the sun in your field of vision - then that light is entering your eyes and it's bright.

If, as you say, light travels in a straight line...why does the light from the sun not radiate outward in all directions like a flashlight combined with a disco ball?

The light is being sent in all directions, because its a spherical ball of explosions, so then why is the light not visible in space?

Are there no particles or anything at all to reflect it?

Does it need to be reflected?

Are you saying that you cant see light, except from the source its coming from?

This is an interesting conversation!

Neat.

Peace

• Like 1

The universe is filled with debris, dust, particles, etc

Shine a light up in the sky, or a laser beam, and you will see the beam.

There is much more debris in space than in the simple day or night time sky

so, i.e., there is NEVER dust between us and the Sun, 93 million miles away- never never never lol

Edited by SonOfTheGods

The universe is filled with debris, dust, particles, etc

Shine a light up in the sky, or a laser beam, and you will see the beam.

There is much more debris in space than in the simple day or night time sky

so, i.e., there is NEVER dust between us and the Sun, 93 million miles away- never never never lol

Thats where my confusion is! NASA and over such organizations/ scientists talk about space dust, debris and such often.

So why is there not more light?

If its the particles that are just so infrequent...then when there are particles, there should be light reflections.

Like fire flies in space....

Something like that.

maybe.

HAHA..

Peace.

• Like 1

Thats where my confusion is! NASA and over such organizations/ scientists talk about space dust, debris and such often.

So why is there not more light?

If its the particles that are just so infrequent...then when there are particles, there should be light reflections.

Like fire flies in space....

Something like that.

maybe.

HAHA..

Peace.

and all around the circumference of the sun

and satellites moons comets stars exploding constantly -dust everywhere

Physics has been lying to us

those who question and think outside the box scare people's comfort zzzzzzones

Edited by SonOfTheGods

The Sun is something else..

not what we are being told

I can see that. Heck, I figure, everything humans think they know, is mostly incomplete.

Pieces of a puzzle.

What do you think it is, Son?

The concentration of particles in space is extremely low. There is of course some dust and debris (mainly in orbit very fast which is a risk to satellites and stuff, and still very far apart and almost entirely small particles), but not enough to reflect enough light to make the sky in space bright.

Yes, where there are particles there are reflections. If you go into space, you might be able to see some dust particles near you. But dust is small. Nobody is going to see an individual speck of dust that's thousands or millions of miles away in an empty void.

So space is quite dark.

Black holes are the only things in nature capable of bending light on a large enough scale to make what I'm saying invalid, they're really not relevant to the view in space unless you're looking through a very powerful telescope at the right spot or are near one. There isn't one within realistic travelling distance of earth, BTW.

A freaking giant prism would bend a lot of light, but they don't tend to form naturally.

Yes, the sun radiates light in all directions - but in straight lines. So that light only enters the eyes of someone in space if the sun is actually in their field of view. If you're facing a few stars in a big nothing and the sun isn't in your field of view, you will only see the stars.

"Also, the moon reflects light, how is that possible according to the logic you are using?"

I don't see your logic here. I stated that we see something if it either produces or reflects light into our eyes, so space is mainly dark because of the empty space not reflecting light or emitting it. The moon is a big piece of matter perfectly capable of reflecting light.

Anyone, by the way, can get a cheap telescope, look at the moon, and see there are shadows - proving it isn't a light source, but a reflector.

"Also, how does all those cameras work in outer space, taking photos and bringing them back via stream, if light is/is not working, according to your logic?"

I didn't say light 'isn't working'. Point a camera at the sun, it will pick up a lot of light. Point it at a star, it picks up light from the star. Point at somewhere light isn't coming from, and it's dark.

"Starry skies on the moon?"

Remember how the moon reflects light? There's a lot of light getting scattered at you if you stand on the side of the moon facing the sun. Astronauts on the moon used a camera exposure which limited how much light was on the photo/video to prevent glare (basic photography, any amateur photographer could explain this), therefore stars weren't visible on the footage but were easily visible to the astronauts.

"Does it need to be reflected? Are you saying that you cant see light, except from the source its coming from?"

Since light travels in a straight line, you can only see it if it's source, or something reflecting it, is in your field of view.

Light does bend near black holes, but if that's relevant to you then you're in trouble...

If you put a candle behind you, that light won't bend and enter your eye so you won't see the flame directly. However, the light reflects off objects in your field of vision so you can see that light.

Otherwise, we would see in all directions! Which is clearly not the case unless you have extra eyes.

And light needs to enter your eyes for you to see it. Otherwise, if a candle was in front of you your whole field of view would be as bright as the flame itself.

Edited by Seeker of Tao
  • Like 6

Seeker of the Tao kind of said it, but to put it a little more straight forward.

Light particles / beams (dual nature of light) only create what our eyes perceive as light when they hit / reflect off something. On earth we live in an atmosphere that is full of somethings to hit, like 98% - 100% full. And not just the ground, the air around us and everything in it can collide with light.

In outer space or any body in outer space where there is no an atmosphere (such as the moon), it is only 0 - 10% full of stuff. There is a lot less for the light to hit and make what our eyes see as light. Mars has an atmosphere and it looks like earth with a night and day. The pictures of people on the moon show that the surface of the moon is lite up because that is something for the light to hit but the space around it is black because there is very little for the light to collide with.

The moon is able to light up the night because light particles are bouncing off of it and hitting the part of the earth the sun can't hit directly.

Why when you look directly at the sun, even in space, it is lite up because it itself is creating light particles that are are hitting itself and creating a massive amount of what our eyes see as light.

I'm not saying believe everything you are told and I don't want to try to stop this good conversion about much more than just the original question, but I'm sorry to say, the earth is round and light works like you have been told (at least in the material / substance realm a majority of the world lives in). Whether we ever really landed on the moon and the extent of our interstellar knowledge, those can be questioned all day.

Edited by hod
  • Like 4

Earth's a good sphere, im certain. but given the level of potential propaganda involved, "playing devil's advocate" is a better, straight forward, direct route to uproot faith and instill curiosity.

Convince people to know first hand, instead of trustfully relying on what they are told.

Question your educators, captors, faith, gods.

• Like 2

The concentration of particles in space is extremely low. There is of course some dust and debris (mainly in orbit very fast which is a risk to satellites and stuff, and still very far apart and almost entirely small particles), but not enough to reflect enough light to make the sky in space bright.

Yes, where there are particles there are reflections. If you go into space, you might be able to see some dust particles near you. But dust is small. Nobody is going to see an individual speck of dust that's thousands or millions of miles away in an empty void.

So space is quite dark.

Black holes are the only things in nature capable of bending light on a large enough scale to make what I'm saying invalid, they're really not relevant to the view in space unless you're looking through a very powerful telescope at the right spot or are near one. There isn't one within realistic travelling distance of earth, BTW.

A freaking giant prism would bend a lot of light, but they don't tend to form naturally.

Yes, the sun radiates light in all directions - but in straight lines. So that light only enters the eyes of someone in space if the sun is actually in their field of view. If you're facing a few stars in a big nothing and the sun isn't in your field of view, you will only see the stars.

"Also, the moon reflects light, how is that possible according to the logic you are using?"

I don't see your logic here. I stated that we see something if it either produces or reflects light into our eyes, so space is mainly dark because of the empty space not reflecting light or emitting it. The moon is a big piece of matter perfectly capable of reflecting light.

Anyone, by the way, can get a cheap telescope, look at the moon, and see there are shadows - proving it isn't a light source, but a reflector.

"Also, how does all those cameras work in outer space, taking photos and bringing them back via stream, if light is/is not working, according to your logic?"

I didn't say light 'isn't working'. Point a camera at the sun, it will pick up a lot of light. Point it at a star, it picks up light from the star. Point at somewhere light isn't coming from, and it's dark.

Remember how the moon reflects light? There's a lot of light getting scattered at you if you stand on the side of the moon facing the sun. Astronauts on the moon used a camera exposure which limited how much light was on the photo/video to prevent glare (basic photography, any amateur photographer could explain this), therefore stars weren't visible on the footage but were easily visible to the astronauts.

"Does it need to be reflected? Are you saying that you cant see light, except from the source its coming from?"

Since light travels in a straight line, you can only see it if it's source, or something reflecting it, is in your field of view.

Light does bend near black holes, but if that's relevant to you then you're in trouble...

If you put a candle behind you, that light won't bend and enter your eye so you won't see the flame directly. However, the light reflects off objects in your field of vision so you can see that light.

Otherwise, we would see in all directions! Which is clearly not the case unless you have extra eyes.

And light needs to enter your eyes for you to see it. Otherwise, if a candle was in front of you your whole field of view would be as bright as the flame itself.

According to this, the Oort cloud and the Kuiper belt would be lit up brighter than the Sun

Seeker of Tao, on 25 Aug 2013 - 03:58, said:

So space is quite dark.

SonOfTheGods said:

We go into outer space, but suddenly, it is dark.

Have you ever seen "outer space" video captured in light?

Irony is, my OP said the universe is dark.^

All you are doing is agreeing with me lol

You have NOT disproved what I did say,- the Sun is not emitting Light

Edited by SonOfTheGods

So to those who are actually understanding what I am saying:

You will notice our Sun is now a white light, not as yellowish as it was years ago.

The Sun light is also somewhat painful now

The reason being, is our Magnetosphere is being diminshed.

There are actual science sites that confirm this.

Do your homework if you want to learn more.

The appearance of this colour change is what I am talking about in my OP

The real reason for all this is because the Magnetosphere is disappearing

Excessive UV damage to marine life

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug/02/science/la-sci-fish-skin-cancer-20120802

Whales getting sunburnt

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40108686/ns/world_news-world_environment/t/sunburned-whales-ozone-hole-could-be-culprit/

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=115×265273

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/early/2010/11/08/rspb.2010.1903.full

What about trees, would anything negative happen from excessive UVB?

http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/hfd/pubs/docs/lmh/Lmh49.pdf

Are we seeing problems with trees?

http://www.eco-action.org/dt/ozone.html

http://environment.about.com/od/ozonedepletion/a/whatisozone.htm

Edited by SonOfTheGods

So space is quite dark.

Interesting.

so space is mostly empty of particles, hence the light barely being reflected?

Then...how can we see space?

We see light. Thats supposedly how we see.

Yet, we can see space. We call it black, empty, etc. We are still seeing "some thing" there.

Its not an absence of.

Maybe the light is there, filling all space, just in a form we dont normally see as light....

Interesting.

Thank you for your input SeekerofTao! Its enjoyable to have your input, helps me figure out whats going on, think of better questions, ponder more.

Peace.

Maybe the light is there, filling all space, just in a form we dont normally see as light....

don't forget about dark matter anti-matter and all the rest that ''scientists'' would beat the snot out of each other in a discussion

In order to have parallel universes and multi dimensions, most of our physics laws will not prove true.

quantum mechanics is still debatable to many scientists

black holes must also allow white holes

Edited by SonOfTheGods

don't forget about dark matter anti-matter and all the rest that ''scientists'' would beat the snot out of each other in a discussion

In order to have parallel universes and multi dimensions, most of our physics laws will not prove true.

quantum mechanics is still debatable to many scientists

black holes must also allow white holes

That also brings up a question as to what light is. Do we even know what light is?

As usual, humans think they know, when they probably dont know.

We see "things' in a form that is not true. All life is illusion, etc.

All of our reality is in our minds.

Maybe light is mind?! Whoa....

So what is dark matter/ dark energy? Supposedly its the stuff that makes up the majority of "things"....they just dont know what that is.

hm......

Much to ponder.

Good stuff!

Peace.

do we HAVE to quote the person who posted right in front of us?

And i disagree, i've seen by far stupider threads...

Yeah, but the topic of this thread is stupidity itself, and it's very high quality

• Like 1