Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

Coming off caffeine

I can't handle the bitterness I could before. I used to love really bitter IPAs. Now I like floral hoppy beers, but not bitter hoppy ones.

I can't seem to have more than one beer before I feel all out of sorts lately, though, so I guess my taste in beer doesn't matter much anymore.

What is missing in western culture that isn't missing in others? I'm trying to think of bitter foods from other cultures and can't come up with much more than we have.

Edited by i am

What is missing in western culture that isn't missing in others? I'm trying to think of bitter foods from other cultures and can't come up with much more than we have.

The typical Chinese food served at home come with plenty of green leaf vegitables like kale and mustard green. They all taste bitter to me in different degree. And there is bitter melon.

I wish I still had my moms old cook book, she had lots of bitter tasting recipes.

Everything from cake to candlesticks!

I guess they qualify as bitter. I eat a ton of leafy greens like kale and I guess I don't think of them as bitter. At least not like an IPA is bitter.

Well I'm glad to know I'm not missing out!

You want bitter - try burdock.

Compare these greens to the fake Chinese food sold in the U.S. restaurants - the immigrants working there don't eat the Americanized food they sell. haha. They go buy bitter greens.

Sign in to follow this