Flolfolil

Wtf do people mean by "Wake up!"?

i am getting really tired of hearing this BS. i know the government is out to get us, but it seems every time i don't agree with the newest conspiracy of the day i get told to wake up. So does wake up really just mean "Agree with me RIGHT NOW or else you are stupid!"? Because that is really what it seems like. Or does it mean "If you are not taking steps to violently overthrow the government you are stupid!"? Or is it waking up to a real life matrix type situation where we are plugged into virtual reality? Someone please tell me what i need to do to wake up, because this retarded phrase is doing nothing for me except pissing me off. Please just say what you mean.

It means ... get out of bed its nearly lunchtime.

"Wake up!" is also a trick card that is used by people who can't logically support their own arguements. They want you to wake up and see it their way even though they don't give you enough information to allow you to make your own decisions.

• Like 4

Sometimes it is a valid comment, when something is genuinely obvious and someone is being genuinely thick or wilfully ignorant.

Sometimes it's just 'be paranoid with me so I feel validated!' or 'you're too stupid to see the obvious but I don't want to explain in case you disprove it!', or both.

Too often its used to convey the message: I am awake and if you disagree with my opinion- You must be asleep, nehnehneh, nehneh neh.

Edited by thelerner

Just as I feel into the question...

"Wake up" is an inherently dualistic phrase which can activate a reaction of thought within a dualistic paradigm...

If one is in need of "waking up", then they must be "asleep" in some way. Though, as many on "the path" can attest, there are varying levels of being "awake"; and as soon as one believes themselves to be so, a limitation is placed on "self". There seems to be no "final" destination in the seeking of "Truth", but a conscious mind is not inherently wired as such and must relearn this concept if it is can release its death-grip on the human experience for long enough to do so.

Such fun balancing ego consciousness with the infinite consciousness known as "Tao". The introduction of such a paradox is not for everyone. And perhaps those people fall into the category of urging others to "wake up"? Dunno, just postulating.

Often this phrase is an urging from an emotional perspective for an individual to empower themselves. A gathering of the masses so-to-speak in efforts to enacting genuine "change" within our world. Sadly though (or maybe not so much), not everyone can even agree on what that "change" is to be.

Other times it is a ploy used to disinform and create fracturing within a sub-collective that has gained some momentum to challenge the "status quo". Try entering any decent conspiracy rabbit hole and immerse yourself in all the varying forms of "truth" and see if you can find your way out unscathed. Often times the conspiratorial waters are littered with chum in the form of disinformation. Just ask a handful of conspiracy theorists who knocked down the world trade centers, and see if you get the same answer.

Also, this phrase can serve as validation for difficult to grasp and believe in concepts, as has been stated a few times above. Empowerment by agreement.

Certainly it is possible to empathize with someone urging humanity to wake up? Many grow tired of a status quo that encourages continual consumption, material worship, and ignorance of "self", or maybe better a lack of "remembering" of a "primordial" connection. Though, that is a judgement call.

One could even argue that those pursuing the "Tao", simply need to "wake up" to it and be the Tao, instead of following often rigid practices.

There is one common thread in all of these examples though.

That is that they are ALL experiential.

Even a completely "asleep" individual can agree that experience simply is, it is merely our own reactions to the experiences that yield other expressions, desires, drives, etc... This is the experiencing of what I would consider the "adjectives" of the Tao/God/Creation/Boozie-woozie. An ego-based experience is capable of a seemingly infinite access to expressing and experiencing creation.

If one wishes for others to "wake up", perhaps they can live a life of being "awakened". Maybe that will hold more water than verbally imploring others to do so in such an ambiguous way?

I have hoped for others to "wake up" in the past and still do. I simply want others to love themselves. To realize their True connection. I wish for others to do so, so that I can more easily at times. Yes, I am not afraid to admit that I still "slumber".

Coming off the mountain and joining the "real" world is not an easy thing to do.

I applaud anyone who is actively seeking a more conscious experience of the "primordial" within our temporal existence.

Ok, I have rambled enough. I don't even know if I made much sense, but I feel better. Thank you for asking the question.

• Like 3

You wake up out of the mind conceptions of who you are, the shocking thing is that it isn't "you" who wakes up so "you" get absolutely nothing out of it.