Sign in to follow this  
Lindelani Mnisi

A question for the ages

Hey Tao bums, it's been a while...I've gotten into magick and a lot of spell instructions say, beilieve...so I couldn't help but wonder, what is beilief? What does it mean to beilieve? What are the characteristics?

Having a belief is having security of mind of a particular concept. At base there is nothing wrong with beliefs. I would see a problem though if the belief was preventing one from attaining their full potential.

Yes, magic would require belief. Magic, of course, is going beyond the normal, beyond what the senses and mind are normally subjected to.

But always, use your magic for good only and best if for the good of others.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

:? I see, does a binding spell count as good for others? (A binding spell is a spell that stops a specific person from harming you)

Based on the way you said that I would respond, yes, that would be considered good for the other person. No harm done, no need for revenge.

Hey Tao bums, it's been a while...I've gotten into magick and a lot of spell instructions say, beilieve...so I couldn't help but wonder, what is beilief? What does it mean to beilieve? What are the characteristics?

A belief is something you never, ever, want,...and will diminish your magick. Magick is about Attention and Intention. In fact, I wrote a book on magick,...the magick of the Mahasiddha.

Here's a quote:

Magick is about co-creating with the laws of nature. By uncovering the laws of nature, we begin to recognize the centerless center, a unity beyond duality, from which all the magickian’s power arises. Most people’s understanding of this inside is from the outside, so they speculate about what the inside must be from an outside point of view. For the object-ive minded, this speculation is nearly always wrong.

Through speculative metaphysics, many beginners in magick rhapsodize about nonnatural wonderworking, often hypothesized from contemporary fiction, beliefs, and imagination. Some may actually have manifested a few things, but most likely, these manifestations arose due to some other factor, such as an herbally induced condition, an auspicious birth chart, or a compatible transit. There is no magick in opposition to natural laws.

Although the transcendental path of esoteric Vajrayana suggests that we all have an innate, but veiled, ability to initiate magick, we can only perfect these powers through uncovering spiritual consciousness, meditating on mahamudra, eclipsing the senses, using herbs, or reciting mantras (unless we have had an auspicious birth). The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali suggest that some magick can be achieved without higher levels of spiritual development through using certain herbs. Although this may be true, I suggest that such practices are ill-advised in the absence of understanding the information presented herein.

To tap into the transcendental sense, the eighth sense or coherence of gnowingness, the freethought magickian must connect with the heart-mind. Although the sixth sense, which is linked to space-time, does not necessitate an open heart, access to the higher senses requires a considerable letting go of beliefs.

The first principle of real magick is that it is beyond belief. If there is any element of belief involved, then it is unperfected, haphazard magick. Beliefs are a barrier to real magick and the nine magickal perfections of Vajrayana. According to the Vajrayana siddhas, all magick is an aspect of one or more of the nine magickal perfections.

Anima (not the archetypal ideas of analytic psychology or New-Age video games) is a masculine polarity aspect of magick. The practitioners not only perceive or sense (see) things microscopically, but also decrease in size themselves, becoming as small as an element. As an element, there is a fundamental awareness that allows these magickians to enter minerals, including stones, and to pass through all forms of matter.

Mahima is the polar opposite of anima, and thus it has a feminine quality. Mahima is expansive, increasing in size. Sometimes, it is called the universal body, as when Krishna displayed his Vishwa-roop. My first conscious experience with undivided light began through mahima. While surrendered in a calm abiding, the immensity of my body extended a great distance from normal spatial perception.

Garima, having an increasingly heavy body, like the immovability of Ki practitioners and some martial artists, is of masculine polarity and is the physical center of gravity. Ki practitioners say that the mind moves the body. Through one-point centering while completely relaxed and simultaneously grounding to earth by extending large amounts of prana so that a new supply is flowing in, these Ki practitioners manifest such feats as unbendable arms, human bridges, and immovable stances.

The polar twin of garima is laghima, the feminine levity, almost weightless, that gives dakini “sky flyers” their airborne abilities. Laghima is a floating, buoyant, anti-gravitational, walk-on-water skill initiated from the same center of gravity as garima or in combination with other perfections. The lung-gom runners of pre-Chinese Tibet could cruise along the landscape at forty miles per hour while sitting a few millimeters above the surface of the ground. Every three meters or so, a foot would drop and propel them forward. Unlike garima, in which a supply of prana flows in, anchoring to earth, laghima manifests a continual supply that flows out.

In her book Magic and Mystery in Tibet, Alexandra David-Neel mentions a story of a lung-gom runner who was very absorbed in his craft. One day while journeying, Buddha stopped by a river across from this lung-gompa’s hut for a drink. Seeing this traveling monk approach on the other bank, the lung-gompa came out and stood on the water. “How long have you practicing austerities?” Buddha asked. “For twenty-five years,” said the lung-gompa. “I am able, as you can see, to cross the river by walking on water,” he continued. “My poor fellow!” replied Buddha with commiseration. “Have you really wasted so many years for such a trifling result? Why the ferry man will take you across the river for a small coin.” Since reading that story at nineteen, I never had a taste for the trifling. The magickal perfections for the siddhas were not pursued for mundane power, but were consequential in relation to their spiritual development.

According to the siddhas, as we begin to take charge of our thoughts and emotions through spiritual development, mastery of our level of buoyancy to be earthbound or skybound increases. To simplify this, imagine being born in a world where everyone was earthbound. By the time you developed into a thinking and emotional being, your subconscious has already been unconsciously trained to be earthbound through observing an earthbound environment. Both your conscious and subconscious, raised in an object-ive society, believe that earthboundedness is the only available reality. Your fragmented conscious mind can speculate about flying all it wants, but thought of being as Superman, or Neo in The Matrix films, will remain a fantasy until the habit-driven subconscious mind agrees with your conscious mind. In other words, the true conscious mind is not a fragmented mind, but a non-physical, eternal, multi-dimensional consciousness. The illusion spawned from Third density object-ivism that consciousness is only the tip of an iceberg is absurd.

Prapti is the fifth of the nine magical perfections. This is associated with a masculine, psychic ability to acquire or manifest objects, usually in the palms. Mastery of prapti confers an understanding of unknown languages, even that of animals, along with clairaudience and telepathy. The location of missing persons is also related to this perfection.

Both prapti and the sixth perfection of prakamya are associated with the astral, that is, the planes of existence associated with the Fourth and Fifth densities of consciousness. Prakamya, feminine in polarity, can do anything, whereas prapti can obtain anything. Realizing desires, the ability to see into other realms, the power of irresistible will, and presenting a youthful appearance are some of her traits.

Ishita, the controller of the forces of nature, is of the masculine polarity. This perfection is known as the lord of supreme domination and has full power over maya, manifesting storms, rain, wind, and fire.

Vashita is the feminine polarity of ishita. She has the power to subjugate and to dominate the senses. Vashita can rule over any phenomenally governed being and can make the phenomenal mind of others do her bidding. The Wiccan practice of binding could be associated with vashita.

The ninth magickal perfection is kamavasayita. This perfection, without a polarity or twin, contains the abilities of the others, plus the capability to acquire the highest state of spiritual bliss. An important point to mention is that the spiritual self is not the highest level of bliss. Spiritual bliss is not supreme joy, and it is not associated with the source point of our higher self, which will be discussed further in the pages ahead. There is no spirit or moving, vital principle beyond duality. That is to say, spirit is not the power, but merely the lever that moves upon the power.

• Like 1

I haven't READ any other posts, but to me belief equals:

WILL

POWER

HATE

GREED

DESTINY

DEATH

AIMS
DESTITUTION

FEELING=BELIEFS=CHEMICALS=REALITY=YOU ARE=STOP THINKING=JUST DO IT NOW.

Yeah, It is hard for me, the person who is always wanting the facts and the truth, to talk about beliefs but beliefrs are a part of us whether we admit it or not. What is that saying? "If you don't believe in something you will fall for anything." I may have misquoted that but you get the picture.

The question was about what it is to Believe - it is quite different than to have a belief.

It is knowing - it is certainty - it is the dispelling of hesitation.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this