ChiForce

Pratyekabuddha

I have a limited study of buddhist texts and hadn't heard of the pratyeka path to enlightenment. It's an intriguing concept.

I'm curious about how it is no longer an option and what changed to take that option away.

I have a limited study of buddhist texts and hadn't heard of the pratyeka path to enlightenment. It's an intriguing concept.

I'm curious about how it is no longer an option and what changed to take that option away.

Forget him, he does not even have a path. He just read a bunch scriptures and regurgitating what he was told and talking about the dharma as if he has even obtained the first stage of samadhi. He sounds like a Catholic priest preaching about God and Jesus Christ but never walk the path himself. He is a sad person. I wish I could filter him out on the message board.

I have been reading on Master Nan "To Realize Enlightenment." He mentioned about the pratyeka path towards the end. He only spoke it in a single line, self enlightenment without teachers or guides. I thought that it is a very interesting path. Choice would not have entered into this path because to have choices, the path has to be known. Since the nature of the pratyeka path is pathless and the individual does not know the dharma path. The individual obtains enlightenment solely from the merit of his past lives and a bit of understanding of the dharma wisdom and the law of the interdependent and dependent causation and origination. He does not need to know anything relating to Buddhism. Remember, the path is only possible in the age of without the Buddha. Pratyeka path is not a choice because such a choice is only an illusion.

These people, if they are even real historical characters, are not omniscient Buddhas.

Enlightenment is the 3 kayas. Period.

Look son, if I need to read the sutras, I would read the sutras. I don't need you to tell me what the sutras are saying....:) You know, I can read them on my own.

Look son, if I need to read the sutras, I would read the sutras. I don't need you to tell me what the sutras are saying.... :) You know, I can read them on my own.

Well according to you, you can't read the Mahayana sutras until you become an arhat.

• Like 1

Here is a more in depth description of the pratyekabuddha meaning..

http://www.sgilibrary.org/search_dict.php?id=253

Well according to you, you can't read the Mahayana sutras until you become an arhat.

Son, if you have any dharma wisdom at all, you would realize that there is a bridge or a break through point from liberating oneself, to liberating others. Son, I have done my cultivation work already. What have you done? There is no need for me to rush to save the world. At least, I am not deluded enough to think that I can save the world. Maybe you think you could.... :)

Edited by ChiForce

Son, if you have any dharma wisdom at all, you would realize that there is a bridge or a break through point from liberating oneself, to liberating others. Son, I have done my cultivation work already. What have you done? There is no need for me to rush to save the world. At least, I am not deluded enough to think that I can save the world. Maybe you think you could.... :)

Hi ChiForce,

Could you describe what you think that difference is (between liberating oneself to others)?

Thanks, Jeff

There isn't a samsara outside of your mind.

• Like 1

The starting point of Mahayana is the motivation to become a perfect omniscient Buddha as fast as possible, so that one may benefit infinite sentient beings.

That motivation makes one a Bodhisattva. Then you progress through the 10 bhumis until you attain the 3 kayas.

The infinite motivation allows for the infinite Sambhogakaya. So Buddhahood is predicated on the motivation.

Edited by alwayson

Hi ChiForce,

Could you describe what you think that difference is (between liberating oneself to others)?

Thanks, Jeff

You can't save the world and to liberate others when your own mind is trapped and deluded. One of the mind consciousness issue to liberate others is that your act has to be selfless and without any intent or motivation for any rewards (karma or merit) or prestige). It is the most laughable when people (no name mentioned) talk about the Mahayana path without doing any cultivation work to liberate oneself...is because that is considered the Hinayana path. LOL. I can only speak of my own self liberation. For others, can't say if I did. Obviously, when your mind is liberated and to achieve certain degree of enlightenment, your chi channels are open. You mind will begin to transform your body. You will begin to see the chi with your third eye. You will begin to hear your chakras vibrating. Initially, you would hear your own breath breathing. When you manage to transform you jing energy into shen energy, you would begin to hear your own chakras vibrations. They get louder during meditation. Now, I have the knowledge to help others to liberate themselves because I know the process myself. Would I be arrogant and ignorant enough to offer my salvation to others? Of course not. We all know that each of us has to walk the path ourselves. Regardless how much you want to save others (the intention could be self serving), others can't be liberated if they don't get it.

Oh, after my enlightenment at the age of 18 and while I was in my second college, I encountered a blue eyed monk. His eyes weren't naturally blue but almost as if he was blind. He was dressed in modern clothing. He could see because he was working in the register office and I was registering for my class. Here, he only said one sentence to me, "learn knowledge for myself." It was a Zen moment because I knew why he said that. I felt embarrassed. I looked back at him with a gesture of "I know, I know." He smiled at me a bit and that was it. He didn't offer himself to me because he wanted to save the world. LOL.

A blue eyed monk dressed in modern clothing and instructed me with an one liner....I don't normally meet a lot impressive people but he was certainly one of them.

Edited by ChiForce

There isn't a samsara outside of your mind.

Maybe you are right...my cultivation and enlightenment level aren't high enough to change forms (as in the skandha of form) outside of my mind???

These people, if they are even real historical characters, are not omniscient Buddhas.

Enlightenment is the 3 kayas. Period.

If confucius or jesus is not historical, what makes you think the buddha (aka guatama) was historical?

who says pratyeka path is no longer an option? pratyeka means you can think for yourself.

only your mom can take that option away. :D

• Like 1

If confucius or jesus is not historical, what makes you think the buddha (aka guatama) was historical?

I consider the teaching of Buddhism a living religion. If one has to look back at some historical Buddhas to confirm certain spiritual enlightenment and accomplishment, Buddhism is already dead. Two, you have never achieved any forms of liberation yourself but to resorting to the scriptures and sutras to feel validated. :)

Oh, after my enlightenment at the age of 18

What is your enlightenment? Recognizing unfabricated presence vs the conceptualizing mind?

That is just step 1 in Vajrayana. Have you not heard of direct introduction?

You are just a typical neo-Advaitin. What a waste of time.

Edited by alwayson

What is your enlightenment? Recognizing the nature of the mind?

That is just step 1 in Vajrayana. Have you not heard of direct introduction?

You are just a typical neo-Advaitin.

No son, the penetration of the skandha forms as empty. Form here is truly seeing the true nature of the American racism. LOL Resulting in the circulation of the micro cosmic orbit. Chi channels are open. Kundalini energy has been risen. The first stage of samadhi achieved. Son, is samadhi, as if you are even capable of achieving. Is not hard for me enter into samadhi now too, usually in the morning. Instead of hearing my own breathing, I am hearing my chakras vibrating. Seeing the Chi light with my third eye. My chi is no longer hot but warm but extremely stable. I told you that you are a sad dude. You can't tolerate someone like me who has a higher merit and cultivation. Dude, you are like everyone else who has some scripture knowledge about the practice of Buddhism and thinking that you are enlightened and cultivated. Son, keep the bad karma to yourself.

Edited by ChiForce

No son, the penetration of the skandha forms as empty. Form here is truly seeing the true nature of the American racism. LOL Resulting in the circulation of the micro cosmic orbit. Chi channels are open. Kundalini energy has been risen. The first stage of samadhi achieved. Son, is samadhi, as if you are even capable of achieving. Is not hard for me enter into samadhi now too, usually in the morning. Instead of hearing my own breathing, I am hearing my chakras vibrating. Seeing the Chi light with my third eye. My chi is no longer hot but warm but extremely stable. I told you that you are a sad dude. You can't tolerate someone like me who has a higher merit and cultivation. Dude, you are like everyone else who has some scripture knowledge about the practice of Buddhism and thinking that you are enlightened and cultivated. Son, keep the bad karma to yourself.

You and everyone else on this forum has some sort of psychic powers. I can see auras, astral project etc.

You are just a deluded person son.

I consider the teaching of Buddhism a living religion. If one has to look back at some historical Buddhas to confirm certain spiritual enlightenment and accomplishment, Buddhism is already dead. Two, you have never achieved any forms of liberation yourself but to resorting to the scriptures and sutras to feel validated. :)

you are right. buddhism is a living religion. dharma is for the dead.

You and everyone else on this forum has some sort of psychic powers. I can see auras, astral project etc.

You are just a deluded person son.

is there anyone who is not deluded?

a sick mind invents things like buddhas and skandas.

is there anyone who is not deluded?

a sick mind invents things like buddhas and skandas.

Buddhas are real my friend. Read "Blazing Splendor", and go from there.

Buddhas are real my friend. Read "Blazing Splendor", and go from there.

i would rather read your mind and pick it apart like the buddha.

we are both hindus, always on.

Edited by narveen

Read "Breaking India", and you won't be promoting Jesus as an enlightened person anymore.

Columbia PhD in Ancient History Richard Carrier says that Jesus never existed anyway.

Read "Breaking India", and you won't be promoting Jesus as an enlightened person anymore.

Columbia PhD in Ancient History Richard Carrier says that Jesus never existed anyway.

i don't read. i am a true pratyekabuddha.

richard carrier is a deity of american hinduism. there is no such thing as an enlightened person, son.

(everybody wants to be somebody's father in this thread. i am just going with the flow.)

• Like 1

This path is not available, since Buddhadharma has been established.

who says pratyeka path is no longer an option? pratyeka means you can think for yourself.

only your mom can take that option away. :D

This is the bit that confused me. Would seem like Pratyeka would always be an option, but as I said, my exposure to buddhist doctrine is limited.

This is the bit that confused me. Would seem like Pratyeka would always be an option, but as I said, my exposure to buddhist doctrine is limited.

was your exposure to your mom limited too, or were you also as properly breast-fed as me? :D

in india, where always on and i come from, ethnically-speaking, moms are poor. They cannot afford to feed their babies on formula like affluent western moms. this is why even beggar urchins have bright eyes and gleaming white teeth from mother's milk. our minds, unfortunately, are something else. in india, dads are like american liberal arts professors who shape kids minds, and they do it with a stick and a whack! kids like me and always on, who make it out of the slums of india's poverty, end up like dr sen gupta and deepak chopra.

i tell you this so you may feel lucky to have limited exposure to buddhist doctrines. they are like formula for babies (mentally-speaking). :D

Edited by narveen