norbu

New tothis forum...saying hello

Hi, I am Norbu. I began Tai Chi using Master Chengs little thin black book, back in the early 60's. I spent god knows how much on long distance phone calls to Bob Smith, trying to learn tai chi by phone. I ran a school in Copenhagen for a couple of years, but usually stayed pretty much to myself.

I learned an esoteric aspect to standing in '73 so spent the next 7 years doing nothing but standing. I still favor standing above all other chi kung exercises.

Now I'm 74, getting long in the tooth and decided to return to CMC's short form and just do that.

My first teacher was from the Tang family in the south. The man had been a monk at the Sarmoung Brotherhood monastery for 20-21 years and was trying to get their teachings through my thick skull.

I am curious about the Chi Kung DVD;s Terry has produced. Has anyone done these long enough to tell me if they produce good results? No disrespect intended toward Terry, but I have tried a lot of nonsense called "chi kung", as I'm sure some of you have as well.

Anyway, I'm here and glad to be among such a learned group.

Norbu

Hi, I don,t know if it is the same monastery or not. At the time I met this man

It was the early 60's and I had no knowledge of Gurdjieff. I am not that familiar with

Gurdjieff, but do know that chogyam trungpa also came from their monastery.

He had me do nothing but standing exercises. At a certain point, when I could let go

And relax within, the energy would begin to move me. This was different each day

According to my body's needs that day.

I later learned a Tibetan method that was faster to take effect, but did clean out the channels

VERY fast.

Not sure if any of this answers your question or not.

Norbu

Welcome norbu !

Here in the UK the weather(I know us Brits and the weather !) at 1.24am is shocking I say - shocking ! Obviously tame as to what has been going on elsewhere, but to us Brits........wind and rain.....sssshhhhh....yes wind and rain. Cup of tea anyone ?!?!

Namaste,

gentlewind