Sign in to follow this  
Flolfolil

Is Social Conditioning or Biology responsible for negative behavior?

Darn.

Well, I tried to keep to the topic but then I didn't say much.

Your answer of "both" is very logical, i am not really addressing you with my angst

Just going to say i called it before this turns into my thread about training dogs and people just start calling me immature and stupid(oh wait, someone has already basically called me stupid in this thread? imagine that...) i should know better than trying to start threads :lol:

Your answer of "both" is very logical, i am not really addressing you with my angst

I knew that and I wasn't trying to defend myself.

Just going to say i called it before this turns into my thread about training dogs and people just start calling me immature and stupid(oh wait, someone has already basically called me stupid in this thread? imagine that...) i should know better than trying to start threads :lol:

NO. You are doing fine. You have questions. Ask a question here and you will get a lot of responses. Some will be totally off topic, some will be an attempt to help you in whatever way the poster feels they can help.

But I think that when we have lots of options (which responses are speaking to our question) we can view the question from many different perspectives. This is always good, IMO.

So please, just keep asking your questions. And afterall, if they weren't of value to the readers then no one would respond.

So please, just keep asking your questions. And afterall, if they weren't of value to the readers then no one would respond.

This is very helpful for me. It doesn't sound conceited when i hear it from someone other than myself :) Thank you

• Like 1

Negativity feels heavy, blank, too hot or too cold.

Being right means light, harmonious, ready to respond easily and lightly.

I feel negative in the face of stuff I dont like.. which means the stuff I dont like... I allow myself to feel bad in relation to it. I dont feel light and harmonious, loving or sexy, happy and jovial when I feel negative.

If I can feel loving in the face of stuff I dont like, then I feel more in balance and happier and in the flow of life.

I feel negative in the face of lies, hatred, violence and abuse of power.

I have met many people who enjoy being right and have managed to stay in the same room as some of them for more than an hour ... but that was because I was being magnanimous.

I would like to feel loving in the face of stuff i don't like ... please expand on this and how you do it.

Karma causes negative actions. Is the residue of habitual energy coming from the world around you. The first thing you need to do to achieve enlightenment is to become liberated from social conditioning. Yes, we all have the seed to enlightenment. However, not everyone can find the path. Enlightenment and the dharma path are not, shall I say, democratic. :)

Also, when you think about enlightenment, think beyond space and time. Enlightenment is usually requiring several life times to achieve. Some may be living in their 2nd or 4th life time. Otherwise, maybe even less. Each life, the individual consciousness experiences a little bit of enlightenment and a little bit of clarity. They all add up from each life time. Not everyone starts from the same level.

Edited by ChiForce

Sign in to follow this