Songtsan

Help me refine this mind tool

I have said before and I will say again, the more we take a thing apart the further away from its true essence we get. Yes, there are the parts, but they are a part of the whole.

hmmm...taking a thing apart finding much of the same time after time...then, what's this? The next part. Oh, its the same as the last...what does that mean..all are same? or same are all? I don't know. Holographic universe in our heads. Diamond mist outside. What happens when you take a thing apart until the end and are left with nothing? It all goes into your head anyways. Though we lost it to begin with. Let's take apart a sandwich..first crush it, then spin it in circles. Next eat what's left. After that what is left? Whatever we ate. The parts ate the whole.

I know I am being a pain in the arse here and nobody wants to hear it. But it is the only way down the emotional path to the One. The cerebral path alone won't get you there.

I agree with you, and I disagree with you, and agree again and disagree again...its like an emotional rollercoaster. I love to think, and would hate to hate that part of myself that loves to think, so I state this to be: bliss now is in me. Happiness too. Same same, different name, different state minus the extras. I taste everything equally and eat it all, regardless if it's pork or chops, gristle or bone marrow. Plus I eat tasty Zen snacks. I accomplish nothing while doing everything. It's all around us, and yet we are all around us too. Plus, I think it's groovy!

Edited by Songtsan

What happens when you take a thing apart until the end and are left with nothing? ... we lost it to begin with.

I just wanted to repeat this part.

I just wanted to repeat this part.

It's true. But it's also false. Beginningless endlessness = eternity in the whole..all things are torn apart and then all things come back together again. It's like a circle. never ends. Nothing dies, nothing exists...everything is. No loss, no gain, only neverstop. Snake eats its own tail and cant stop eating.

Holding to the truth makes you tired and old, begin fresh by erasing your self...Never say never. Always say always. Drop what you had makes us empty. Pick up what you learn makes us full. After a while the streets get cleaned and everything shines.

And the wood gets chopped and the water gets carried.

Except when the wood is wet and it makes a smacking sound when axed. Then the water is in the sky instead of the bucket.

I only say what I say because it comes from my personal experience. I recognize my mind in your mind - your mind is incredible - you have the mind of a scientist or something close. I have the mind of a detective. It is very tricky to shut down minds like ours but it must be done, because we can't Think our way into the answers on this one. We're very clever about fooling ourselves and letting ego be the master of our thoughts.

If, at some point, the inner journey isn't taken, then the journey is only half finished. A person can start taking the inner journey, the self-cultivation, by merely reflecting on our own behavior day after day - how could I have been kinder today? Did I say something I should apologize for? What are my real motives for doing what I did? Follow the real motives to the bottom, the underlying selfishness. See it all for what it is, all the contortions, and the awareness of them will straighten them out. It is only after the clearance sale on the inside that we can truly see our part in everything that happens around us and a different type of clarity is achieved - a clarity that can't be won by thinking. It's a clarity arrived by placing one of the legs of the tripod within your cleared-out self, because your cleared-out self is the same self we all possess; only we let the dross accumulate on top of it and warp it.

I know I am being a pain in the arse here and nobody wants to hear it. But it is the only way down the emotional path to the One. The cerebral path alone won't get you there.

Best wishes

I did something similar but in different fashion for while. It seemed to work well. I'm too lazy to do it nowadays. I might give it another try.

Lying on my bed before going to sleep, I play my day event backward. Like watching a moive, I try not to judge. If I want to stop judging others, I have to stop judging myself first. I pick up one thing make me feel good about myself. I bath in my own "glory" and drift to sleep.

Except when the wood is wet and it makes a smacking sound when axed. Then the water is in the sky instead of the bucket.

But for me that is useful too as that water in the sky will fill my ponds and storage barrels.

Futile is as futile does. Mind = Mind. Brain = Brain. Life = Life. Also bliss exists in mind and brain...what's so futile about bliss?

I think futile sounds funny...

well to be honest futile rhymed well with mind lol, may be there is a better word

but those who know what i was trying to say, has understood it

anyway your profile picture is some kind of anime character

do you watch animes ?

But for me that is useful too as that water in the sky will fill my ponds and storage barrels.

You will find me in your storage barrel, but I will not be wet.

• Like 1

well to be honest futile rhymed well with mind lol, may be there is a better word

but those who know what i was trying to say, has understood it

anyway your profile picture is some kind of anime character

do you watch animes ?

Love 'em!