joeblast

Taoist Yoga Discussion thread

- So there is an original cavity of SPIRIT which is in the UDT.

- Then there is the cavity of VITALITY which is in the LDT

What then is the cavity of SPIRIT-VITALITY and what is it's location?

haha -- yeah the Cavity of Spirit-Vitality is the LOWER TAN T'IEN.

The Cavity of Vitality is the SEA OF CHI point which is lower than the lower tan t'ien.

So ummm... qigong master Chunyi Lin made this distinction at his last Level 3 class.

ummm -- so when the Cavity of Spirit-vitality builds up with yin chi then you have the alchemical agent that is brought up the spine through the MCO to the upper tan t'ien -- and so that's when you get light in the head.

When the cavity of spirit-vitality is filled with yin chi then the "circle of light" manifests in front of the eyes -- and so that is the light of spirit-vitality.

light of true vitality.

the T'ai Chi.

As you exhale the Qi/Breath moves into the mouth and connects to the Ren Mo via the tongue (the “upper magpie gate”), and then passes down the front of the body. Rather than passing out the nose or mouth, the Qi/Breath descends through the throat to enter the chest behind Ren 17 (“Upper Sea of Qi”) and then down into the abdomen passing through Ren 12 (“Central Cavity”). From here the breath returns to the navel (Shen Que; “Spirit Gate”) and then to the Dantian.

http://www.internalartsinternational.com/free/daoist-meditation-lesson-eight-theory-golden-fluid-the-micro-cosmic-orbit/

Joe this website has the same hexagram drawing you use for the MCO:

Drawing adapted from The Complete System of Self Healing: Internal Exercise, by Dr. Stephen T. Chang. San Francisco: Tao Publishing 1986, p. 200.

o.k.

Medical Chi Kung schools in China differ in their opinions as to where the center of the Lower Dantian is located. Some schools teach that the center of the Lower Dantian is affected by the different anatomical locations of the male and female reproductive organs. In these particular schools, students are taught that in men, the center of the Lower Dantian is located posterior to the Guanyuan CV-4 (Gate of Original Chi (Qi)) point. The center of the Dantian area in a women is said to be located higher, posterior to the Qihai CV-6 [sea of Chi (Qi)] point, located within the center of the Bao or Uterus.

http://www.ichikung.com/html/dantians.php

yeah so -- my understanding from the Taoist Yoga book is that the sea of chi or cavity of vitality is then turned into the cavity of spirit-vitality through the alchemy practice.

And also there are different layers of the cavity of spirit-vitality - I think this will be covered more later in the book.....

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

:D its already been answered...it is the merging of vitality and spirit - the precious cauldron.

Sorry! Wrong! haha.

The Cavity of Spirit-Vitality is the LOWER TAN T'IEN.

The precious cauldron is the upper tan t'ien that's created only after the lower tan t'ien has been filled up and then the middle tan t'ien fills up with yang chi energy.....

O.K. let's move on to chapter nine so that maybe this stuff will be better clarified.

• Like 1

O.K. Chapter Nine -

the yang chi rises up from the heels through the spine up to the brain then down through the channel of function to the mortal gate.

This macrocosmic orbit will then cause the prenatal spirit-vitality in the lower tan t'ien to ascend through the spine -- channel of control up to the brain which then pushes the yang chi down the channel of function to the trunk or mortal gate.

In time the lower tan t'ien (under the navel) vibrates, extending its field of activity from the heart to the lower belly.

"In time the lower tan t'ien (under the navel) vibrates extending its field of activity from the heart to the lower belly."

So....

http://www.internalartsinternational.com/free/daoist-meditation-lesson-eight-theory-golden-fluid-the-micro-cosmic-orbit/

Joe this website has the same hexagram drawing you use for the MCO:

Drawing adapted from The Complete System of Self Healing: Internal Exercise, by Dr. Stephen T. Chang. San Francisco: Tao Publishing 1986, p. 200.

I'm not sure I necessarily agree with the changes to the hexagram locations vs steven chang's and other sources for the points, i.e. he places mingmen as first gate instead of weilu, puts second gate @t5 but has the hexagrams get there 1 step ahead of the other sources. Also he skips any mention of middle burner solar plexus and treats the heart center as middle DT.

Do you think the changing of the cauldron config would have any bearing on the practice? (Assuming you understood what I wrote of how to do the practice, I thought I had been descriptive enough but a lot of the questions I've received seems like I'm not spelling it out as explicitly as I may need to.)

and heh...that's where I swiped the wheel image from ;)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

O.K. so then the inner vibration stops and deep serenity arrives and the inner chi stops leaving the body but outer chi continues to enter into the body.

So this is the immortal or foetal breathing -- "neither gathers nor scatters and is disconnected from (the duality of) self and others;"

The breathing does not depend on breath through the nose or mouth or on retraining breath in the lower tan t'ien.

Solar chi is inhaled through the heels and exhaled through the trunk and this process activates the prenatal vitality in the lower tan t'ien.

So then the circulation is the spirit energy rises from the lower tan t'ien up the brain and this pushes the solar chi down to the trunk to the gate of mortality and then when the spirit energy descends from the brain it then pushes the solar chi up to the brain.

This process turns the spirit energy -- prenatal vitality - into a bright pearl.

If there is nocturnal emission this will "nullify all that has been achieved" from the lost of the original or prenatal generative force.

So the main problem is drowiness so that lust and gluttony can not be overcome.

So this is actually the process of freezing the spirit when immortal breathing is achieved and the physical breathing and heart pulses all but stop.

The stopping of ordinary breathing means deep serenity.

Minor serenity means one day of stillness which can cause confusion and dullness like a dying man who is breathless.

Then a medium serenity will last three days and then a major serenity will last seven days.

The practiser now needs good care from his companions who should avoid disturbing his positive spirit.

Because of the still vitality his spirit will enter a major serenity so that his prenatal immaculate vitality will spring from nothingness.

When spirit and vitality unite in the lower tan t'ien the minor serenity as a state of confusion can cause the failure to keep the spirit there which will then scatter and then the vitality will drain away at night.

This is the most important part of the training - to preserve or injure eternal life.

He should be determined to maintain his serenity to focus his spirit on the lower tan t'ien.

So the chi energy keeps the lower tan t'ien warm - if the lower tan t'ien is cool that means the vitality has left.

So by fixed concentration on the lower tan t'ien the spirit fire is brought down to restore the "brightness of the elixir."

without "constant attention" then the "slightess carelessness" and "obscure the inner light" and then "drain the elixir" so that "all previous efforts will be sterile."

Evil fire in the liver and kidneys is from unwholesome food, intoxicating drink, perverse thoughts and desires, hot baths which scatter the heat of the elixir, and by uncontrolled fire which scorches the body.

The practiser may feel heat in the heart which causes him to eat and drink too much... and then if he does not overcome this fire then he will lose the alchemical pill at night - his "most precious thing."

If its from evil fire in the kidney and livers then practice quick fire breathing taught in chapter five.

If it's fire in the heart from unwholesome food and drink then imagine a dark ball the size of a fist as taught in chapter seven.

Hold the ball firmly and then use fresh air to drive it down to the lower tan t'ien and breath out to expel the inner fire.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I necessarily agree with the changes to the hexagram locations vs steven chang's and other sources for the points, i.e. he places mingmen as first gate instead of weilu, puts second gate @t5 but has the hexagrams get there 1 step ahead of the other sources. Also he skips any mention of middle burner solar plexus and treats the heart center as middle DT.

Do you think the changing of the cauldron config would have any bearing on the practice? (Assuming you understood what I wrote of how to do the practice, I thought I had been descriptive enough but a lot of the questions I've received seems like I'm not spelling it out as explicitly as I may need to.)

yeah too conceptual for me - maybe start a thread on it and see if anyone else has studied it.

link to what I've written is in my signature. I dont know that anyone else has studied this, I found it by following my intuition and the correlation between hexagrams and dantiens is my interpretation - its pretty powerful but the qi movement is a function of breath duration - 1 minute breath will yield a 12 minute loop - slow, high amplitude. afterward the normal contrived looping going all the way up the back in one breath had *far* more context than before. lol, almost like its a prerequisite to driving the loop with intention. 3DTs power it, its like the sun cracklin off sunpots :D

• Like 1

So if yang chi is not properly channeled through the heels and the gate of mortality at the root of the penis - up the channel of the spine and down the front - then the yang chi can burst a psychic center in the heart and the practiser will become deranged causing spirit to get dislodged from the original cavity in the brain into some other part of the brain.

This is from chi energy in the heart which then stirs up the spirit light energy.

It is from wrong breathing through the nose and mouth at this stage of the practice.

So the spirit energy moves down from the medulla oblongata pineal gland -- down the front of the body to the heels and then the solar chi moves up from the heels up the back of the spine to the brain.

So the medulla Oblongata is linked with the heels as the root of immortal inspiration or inhalation.

The cavity of spirit in the middle of the brain is linked with the mortal cavity at the base of the penis as the immortal exhalation.

So this then drives the solar chi from the medulla oblongata into the cavity of spirit in the middle of the brain which then is in the trunk channel to descend down to the mortal cavity.

• Like 1

Lust can be overcome by the six phases of alchemical sublimation and gluttony can be overcome by a vegetarian diet that also avoids garlic, leeks and onions as they produce generative fluid.

Drowsiness is very difficult to overcome so the ancients devised sitting in meditation continuously to stop sleeping.

A dream of nocturnal emission is always real while all other dreams are unreal.

Consciousness when awake is in the eyes but when asleep consciousness is in the lower abdomen so it drains away at night even with no dream.

So put the tongue against the roof of the mouth and take long breaths to get the spirit down to the lower tan t'ien.

The other method is to sleep on the side of the body with one arm for a pillow and the other resting on the belly - one leg straight and the other bent. Squint the eyes together for pointed concentration so that the chi energy returns to the lower tan t'ien.

• Like 1

That is why JB put out posts on getting below the threshold of air passageways. You're not using your nose or mouth but rather just your diaphragm-psoas-perineum.

Well it's not the diaphragm as much as it's the mind!!

So you direct the chi with the mind.

The solar chi goes down while the spirit light does up and then vice versa.

I began to reach this stage - at this stage it's very amazing to even realize this - most people would never imagine this is possible.

So the top of your head gets soft and is pulsating with chi electromagnetic vibrations. The centers of the hands and feet and are pulsating with electromagnetic vibration.

So then you take spirit energy into the cavity of spirit into the center of the brain - from outside -that is how qigong masters recharge their energy so fast.

So then it goes down to the heels of the feet.

So at the same time the solar chi energy goes up from the cavity of mortality to the cavity or prenatal vitality at the base of the brain - the medulla oblongata.

And so for normal ordinary people what happens is that they don't bring their spirit energy down to the lower tan tien.

Instead the ordinary person gets thoughts of passion and this causes the spirit cavity to then activate the cavity of prenatal vitality in the back of the brain which then causes the prenatal vitality to descend through the marrow of the spine to create postnatal generative fluid.

So the cavity of spirit-vitality is the lower tan t'ien that is created by stilling the heart to cause the cavity of spirit energy to descend the front channel to the lower tan t'ien so that it then turns the cavity of vitality -- the sea of chi - which is created from the descend of the cavity of prenatal vitality in the back of the brain.

So then the cavity of vitality is turned into the cavity of spirit-vitality as the lower tan t'ien.

So yeah at this stage the body is completely filled with chi energy and then you would know this by being able to go without food and even water and also very little sleep and....

this is the stage of the qigong masters.

I got close to this -- started to get to this - back in 2000 - so I went a week with only half a glass of water and no food and then less sleep - but I had achieved just the first state of minor serenity - just one day of going into the Emptiness.

Then my spirit scattered since I didn't keep it in my lower tan t'ien - so the room was spinning around me - that's the dizziness described in chapter 11 - and so then I lost the vitality at night....

I just had not studied the book close enough. There's a ton of info and it is difficult to process since the standards are so strict.

So that's just my commentary for know but will finish chapter nine later.

That is why JB put out posts on getting below the threshold of air passageways. You're not using your nose or mouth but rather just your diaphragm-psoas-perineum.

to be filed under "stilling the heart-mind" ;)

• Like 3

Yeah keep in mind that most practisers never even fill the lower tan t'ien with the yin chi energy!

So once that happens then the light in front of the eyes begans appearing but then you have to fill up the yang chi energy of the middle tan tien - this is the spirit-vitality energy that springs from the middle tan t'ien....

and when that is filled up then you have the t'ai chi or the fully opened up third eye.

It's very rare to find a qigong master with the third eye fully opened.

So chapter six is to make sure the vitality or chi does not turn back into generative force -- so that means it is fully yang chi energy since ying jing energy is yin chi energy.

Chapter seven is to then turn the yang chi energy into prenatal spirit energy.

And so then the immortal breathing kicks in as more spirit energy is taken in from the outside.

When the body is filled with yang chi energy then you don't have to physically breath because it is like an electrolysis process - so the electrolysis as the chi pulsates - it creates whatever nutrition you need and also creates water for you and also creates oxygen for you.

Also you have 4-D vision - Jim Nance told me this. haha. So he can see front-back-left-right at the same time.

o.k. onto the rest of chapter nine.

• Like 1

So as the spirit energy builds up in the lower tan t'ien then the practiser forgets about sleeping.

Like Chunyi Lin went for 2 months without sleeping -- meditating in full lotus in a cave in China.

O.K.

When the chi is full then the practiser forgets about eating.

when the jing energy is full then the practiser forgets about passion and desire.

This "resting" breath is even beyond the immortal foetal breathing.

"This foetal breathing depends neither on breathing through the nostrils or mouth nor on retaining breath in the lower tan t'ien."

end of chapter nine.

• Like 1

Chapter 10 - how to make the penis retract and to kill all sexual desire.

When chi vibrates and causes the penis to erect then put middle fingers on the center of the palms, then put tongue on roof of mouth and then look up and roll the eyes back down to the left while breathing and doing the MCO.

"If he has previously given rise to preverse thoughts while gathering the generative force, to sexual desires when seeing attractive women, or to disturbance at licentious talk, the arousal of the genital organ indicates that he will lose 'the precious thing' at night even in absence of thoughts during his sleep."

So a 70 year old "surmounted all difficulties" in his practice but then his genital organ quivered during the day and he was too busy doing house work and so he had a nocturnal emission. So then he had to start his practice all over again starting at Chapter One.

"If you do this for one hundred days your lower tan t'ien will become hot, your eyes will flash light and you will hear something like wind blowing in your ears; you will thus restore the positive principle that has been dispersed."

Then start practicing the MCO.

So to stop the lost of the most precious thing then bend you left middle finger to the center of your left palm and that is the dragon yin chi cavity that connects the heart and lower abdomen by a channel (artery) passing through the left wrist.

The tiger yang chi cavity is found by pressing the right middle finger to the center of the right palm and this connects the heart and lower abdomen by a channel (vein) passing through the right wrist.

Place the right middle finger on the left palm at the dragon cavity point and the left middle finger on the right palm at the tiger cavity point -- thus blocking both cavities.

Draw in the genital organ. tongue against the roof of the mouth. Breathe in while raising the eyes from the left to look up and then breathe out while lowering the eyes. This eye turning drives the chi up and down in the nostrils.

Do it 9 times, pause and draw in the genital organ again. Repeat three more times for a total of 36 times.

36 times of turning the eyes while breathing in and out with the dragon and tiger cavities blocked.

Then practice the MCO.

When the chi and jing are full then spirit energy will escape from the anus and so also prevent this by contracting the sphincter.

"....your genital organ is aroused and shaken by evil fire (of passion) due to lack of vitality and weakness of the alchemical agent;"

So then someone does the above recommended exercise but still has a nocturnal emission - why?

"The outer agent which you have gathered is an illusory false one created by wrong thoughts....This illusory agent is the generative fluid which contains the evil fire that develops when its aroused by vital force."

";the most you can expect is to improve your health by eradicating all ailments. The correct method consists of using prenatal vitality, which is not produced by evil thoughts and which alone can be transmuted into the immortal seed, to break through the Great Barrier (or Gate in the original cavity of spirit)."

So the nocturnal emission is caused by chi or vitality in the scrotum which stirs the testicles and widens the duct by which generative fluid flows away.

So the erection of the penis is not necessarily the same as the dilation of the genital root that causes emission.

Creating the alchemical agent has nothing to do with sexual desires.

"However, if you give rise to lust while practising alchemy, you are making a very very grave mistake...."

"Old people who are weak should avail themselves of the arousal of vitality to act immediately even before turning away their perverse thoughts."

Breath in to lift the chi up from the mortal gate at the root of the penis to the lower tan t'ien and then focus on the solar plexus and then breathe out to focus it on the lower tan tien. Do this until the genital organ retracts and this will kill all sexual desires.

End of Chapter 10.

This chapter really helps. The centre of the palms are the laogong. So you're pressing down on those two points.

"Breath in to lift the chi up from the mortal gate at the root of the penis to the lower tan t'ien and then focus on the solar plexus and then breathe out to focus it on the lower tan tien. Do this until the genital organ retracts and this will kill all sexual desires."

Heh, heh when I was younger, I used to do this and I did notice the genital organ would retract. Everytime, I had "one" in a public place, I would just pull in the chi from there and it would retract. One of those intuition type of things that I've been doing for years.

Cherry Girl, a student of Chinese at Chongqing Education Institute with an interest in ancient Chinese literature, said Tan had used the term “lao gong” in his writings only referring to eunuchs, citing a story he wrote about rebel leader Li Zicheng who overthrew a group of eunuchs who made a grab for power during the Ming dynasty.

http://travel.cnn.com/shanghai/life/nickname-husbands-hurts-mans-ego-652529

Well know we now the internal alchemy joke behind the long lost meaning of "Lao Gong."

Chapter 11 - the light of ambrosia which when swallowed into the lower tan t'ien produces the immortal seed which then lights up the heart and breathing and pulse appear to cease.

This is light of vitality or light in the generative force - in contrast to the previous light of the spirit which ended in chapter six.

This inner fire will produce golden light but if it is raised too early it will cause dizziness.

So focus the spirit on the lower tan t'ien by squinting the eyes together and once the immortal seed is produced then it feels like the top of the head has been lifted off and the dragon and tiger hum and roar in the ears and the body floats on clouds and itches all over. You rise into space with an accompanying sense of boundless bliss as you ride on the wind.

you will feel like ants crawl all over you and there will be a continual secretion of saliva and then you fall into a state of indistinctness in which nothing seems to exist.

breathing and pulse seems to have stopped.

The vitality is full and you forget about eating.

If you do eat at this stage then the positive principle will not be genuine and the negative principle will remain and so the immortal seed will not have sufficient vitality.

So when the vitality is full then eating must stop and also sleeping and then a massive golden light will appear.

So at this point you must avoid:

1) excessive walking 2) standing 3) sitting 4) sleeping 5) listening 6) looking (at things) 7) speaking 8) thinking 9) sexual pleasure 10) eating.

You should avoid all those excesses.

1) never have thoughts that cause the inner fire to flare up

2) never relax the concentration so that the inner fire cools down

3) look at external objects which causes the spirit to wander

4) listen to outer sounds which causes the generative force to scatter

5) breathe quickly since it can not be regulated easily

6) break your breath rhythm, making it weak and then too hot when started up again, thereby damaging the immortal seed

So when thoughts flare up the inner fire then use the MCO to wipe out the thoughts.

When the inner fire is cooled down then don't use the MCO.

Instead of looking at things the eyes should gaze at the white light in the center of the brain.

He shouldn't listen to external sounds nor be impatient.

To see if the immortal seed is mature then look at a flame of light and roll the eyes nine times and then close the eyes.

If a moon appears that is completely bright then the immortal seed is ready. If instead a circle of light appears that is just bright on the borders then the immortal seeds is still immature.

When it's mature the practiser does not want to eat nor sleep.

When he breathes through the mouth or nose no air appears to enter or leave.

Also there is a bright light in front of his eyes at all times and yet his body can not be found anywhere.

Avoid strain and overwork during the day so that the positive principle does not drain away at night.

Just rest and meditate. Avoid inquiring into any data.

If thoughts arise just immediately do the MCO and then gaze at the light of the immortal seed.

So then the lower tan t'ien becomes hot and a light fills the whole body.

This reveals the maturity of the immortal seed.

If there is nocturnal emission then absence of the light shows the loss of the immortal seed.

"It is called the light of vitality and when it develops fully it is called the golden light. The generative force which is still immature cannot produce the white light of vitality and the immortal seed which is immature can not produce the golden light. The light of vitality is like the moon and the golden light (of the seed) shines like pure gold."

O.K. so when the generative force as yin chi energy is fully restored then it can access the cavity of spirit in the center of the brain which manifests essential nature prenatal vitality spirit light.

If the light does not manifest that means the cavity of spirit is still closed -- closed as the "centre of (essential) nature" aka the precious cauldron.

So this is when a light flame should be put in front of the practiser who should then rotate the eyes nine times -- "to vibrate the (positive) vitality in that centre (between and behind the eyes) so that it drops to the cavity of (eternal) life (under the navel) already full of (negative) vitality so that both vitalities unite to thrust open the cavity of spirit (tsu ch'iao in the centre of the brain)."

O.K. this confirms my previous claim that the upper tan t'ien does not exist - well it exists but it is "closed." So it is a "closed" cavity until the precious cauldron is created.

The lifting of fire from the lower tan t'ien should not be done too much since it causes dizziness and injures vitality.

Loss of vitality is comparatively more from speaking and singing than from the eyes, nose, or ears.

"Hence all practisers of Taoist meditation always touch the palate with the tip of the tongue whether they walk, stand, sit or recline, not only to block the heavenly pool and prevent drain of vitality, but also to make a bridge by which vitality descends from the hsuan ying centre (mysterious bridle behind the heavenly pool in the palate) ...to nurture the immortal seed."

end of chapter 11.

• Like 1

Chapter 12 - preparing the elixir of immortality

So this chapter is like growing flowers in the winter.

Very difficult!!

The first have is when generative force is full and rises to meet eternal nature, thereby creating the light of vitality as moonlight.

The second have is when vitality descends to meet the full generative force as (eternal) life thereby creating a reddish yellow golden light.

When those two halves combine it is the immortal seed.

The white and golden lights are like positive and negative ends of a wire.

So the second manifestation of the golden light will be much brighter and that is when the practiser should finally stop the MCO practice.

Keeping the lower tan t'ien warm - as time passes - all sorts of demonic states will tempt him. Visions of paradise, visions of hell, women, girls, etc.

Just focus on the lower tan t'ien and practice the method of chapter 7 to drive out the demons.

They are just caused by yin chi energy still in the body.

Keep rolling the eyes to drive out the yin chi energy and increase the yang chi energy.

So the third manifestion of the golden light is covered in the next chapter.

End of chapter 12.

So chapter 13 -- you sit on a wooden bun covered with cloth - to plug the anus and then you put a clothes pin on the nose to plug the nose.

So first the kidneys got hot like boiling water. The generative force will no longer be left - having been fully transmuted into solar chi energy. So the penis and testicles will completely whither and can no longer be erect.

When the golden light appears the first time - he should retreat to a mountain -- but if he is young and he can't then he will have to wait - but can enjoy life on earth as a long life free from ailments.

If he can go to the mountain then bring supplies for three to nine years along with some companions who have the same goal.

The third time the golden light manifests is the time for the breakthrough - if there is a fourth manifestation that means there has been too much fire and it will create postnatal generative fluid "thereby nullifying all progress so far achieved."

So the immortal seed now has to be pinched up the spine.

If the practiser tries to lift the seed up the spine with his mind this will stir the heart as fire and this will automatically close the coccyx.

The pinch warms the marrow in the and loosens the marrow in the coccyx to let the immortal seed pass.

If no one can pinch for him the he can rub downwards on the base of the spine.

Then he should slowly roll his eyes upwards.

So the immortal seed should thrust itself without the practiser thinking of doing so.

Rolling the eyes and breathing through the nose and then the immortal seed will slowly work its way up the spine.

Then after reaching the cavity of spirit then it will descend down via the throat - like the golden ambrosia - to the lower tan t'ien - as long as it doesn't escape out the nose, anus or mouth.

So sucking is breathing through the nose, Pressing is the tongue against the roof of the mouth, Pinching is the companion who works the immortal seed up the spine, Shutting is the wooden bun on the anus and the clothes peg on the nose and the mouth shut and the finger shutting the mortal gate at the root of the penis.

end of chapter 13.

• Like 1

Chapter 14 - the immortal foetus.

So the vibration in the lower tan t'ien goes away and then the practiser should stop eating salt.

AFter about 2 years the immortal foetus in the lower tan t'ien begins to breath and the practiser should lift it to the solar plexus.

The lower tan t'ien is where generative force is sublimated into vitality.

The middle tan t'ien is where vitality is sublimated into spirit.

The upper tan t'ien is where spirit is sublimated for its flight into space.

If there remains a trace of negative yin chi energy then demonic states will arise.

So this means some final MCO is still needed to turn the yin chi into yang chi energy.

Then the yang chi will transmute the demons into prenatal spirit.

So the void is not really empty but it is rather golden light. So the immortal foetus should continue taking in this golden light.

"It is only after flying snow and falling heavenly flowers have been seen that spirit emerges from the foetus to become immortal."

"When snow appears to dance in space while flowers fall in disorder from the sky, this is the time for (the spirit) to come out of the foetus."

O.K. so if the spirit leaves the top of the head then multiple transformation bodies are possible as positive spirit seen by others, can pick things up -- and has all the powers to see into all the heavens, hells, past and future of humans, etc.

end of chapter 14

Chapter 15 -- so for negative spirit ordinary men can not see it but the negative spirit can see them - but the top of the head is still shut. For positive spirit the top of the head has to open up.

So when the positive spirit emerges out of the top of the head the red light of the yin chi will change into a demon who will use tricks to tempt him. The practiser if tricked then is taken by the demon to transmigrate through the six realms of existence.

So practice Chapter Seven to transform the demon -- roll the eyes and suck in the golden light into the heart.

When the positive spirit manifests first it is like a baby and so should only leave in fine weather.

At the first time it should be made to return to the body at once.

During the first three months it should be pulled out once a week.

Always at day.

at 6 months, once every three days the yang spirit can leave the top of the head.

after a year, once a day.

It should always be kept close to the body.

After 2 years then it can leave a night also and more than once a day.

It can leave the immediate area.

After three years it can go distant places.

If it meets humans or animals it should return immediately to the body.

So go half a mile or a mile and then return.

So then it is an earth-bound immortal at three years.

After nine more years the physical body will transform into a golden immortal.

So this process is by slowly changing the "demonic light" or yin chi light in the positive spirit - after the positive spirit is sucking in the body this means to take in more golden light to change the red light into gold.

end of chapter 15

Chapter 16.

So at this point the positive spirit will appear in the world to cure the sick, alleviate human suffering, etc.

and then finally it will re-enter back into the body.

It should now be not allowed to leave the body.

Then as positive spirit continues to develop - it will "become all embracing, shining on heaven, earth and myriad things which will appear within its light."

Then the four elements that make the body will scatter - after whatever time it takes to do so - space pulversizes the body and what is left is the golden immortal body which is indestructible.

End of the book.

Earlier in the book it calls this the "boundless body" which is pure chi vitality that then scatters across the universe.

• Like 1

OK! This is great.

Drew, thank you for all the help.

Now we have a strong foundation laid down to begin with.

I recommend that this be the next phase of this thread:

We take the book and boil it down to basic instruction manual.

No fancy words, no ambiguous descriptions, no contradictions.

Simply Do X (physical/mind practice) in order to manifest Y (fruit of the labor) to achieve Z (the intended result).

The process as we know it is such, JING - CHI - SHEN and this will be the encapsulating subject of each phase of practice.

My vision for this is as follows (example):

Chapter 1 - Filling the LDT

Overall Objective - Filling the LDT with JING

Step 1 - How to fill the LDT

Manifestation: Energetically this, that and this takes place. Lights, vibrations, sounds etc.

Result: This phase, does this, prepares you for this, with the purpose of that.

Step 2 - What happens when the LDT is filled.

Manifestation: Heat, Vibrations, Lights, Sensations, Emissions, Overflows, Du Meridians etc.

Step 3 - How to stop the filled LDT from spilling the JING.

Manifestation: What happens etc.

Basically I want the BIGGEST noob, to be able to read this thread and just go oh ok, so in step 1, the purpose is to fill up the LDT with Jing, and i do that by abstaining from sex and emptying the heart through so and so practice, in order to cook the JING and prepare it for ascension up the DU meridian. Hmm.. Oh, it says, I shouldn't watch porn, or play with my twinkie. And it says that, I am likely to experience heat, vibration and maybe even see a unicorn. OK. SIMPLE.

Anybody can follow it. No need to know what Yin Qi or Yang Qi or Prenatal Qi or Rainbow Diamond Unicorn Qi is.

Simple and straight to the point.

I'd like to do this for the WHOLE book.

I recommend we start like this.

One person will make the posts titled STEP 1, STEP 2, STEP 3 eg.

Drew, me, Jascha, joeblast, Dorian. Whoever.

So drew posts a new post in this format:

Step 1

Filling the LDT

Purpose/Goal - Filling the LDT

Phase 1 - Practical Application

Mind/Body Requirements - ....................

Manifestations/Confirmatory Signs - ..............

SIMPLE AS THAT.

Then, once that post is established, following it. All of us DISCUSS what we interpret that STEP 1 to be, what it requires, what its manifestations are and what its purpose is.

ONLY after we reach a majority consensus, does the person who made the post STEP 1, edit the post in order to bring the consensus into the final instruction.

Once we are all happy. We move on to STEP 2.

Step 2

OPENING THE MCO

Purpose/Goal - Leading the JING through the Ren and Du mai.

Phase 1 - Practical Application

Mind/Body Requirements - ....................

Manifestations/Confirmatory Signs - ..............

Then the following thread, we once again discuss. This is where all terms are debated and chewed over, until we yet again reach a majority consensus. Once we have. The poster of STEP 2 inputs the information in the STEP by editing the post and so we move on to the next step.

Once we reach the end of the book. We create ONE thread as so:

Taoist Yoga for NOOBS.

Step 1 - Short Title and Post Link

Step 2 - Short Title and Post Link

Step 3 - Short Title and Post Link

Step 15 - Short Title and Post Link

For once lets do it right and create something which will help everyone.

As remarkable as this thread is in it's current state, it is still NOT organized. Lets organize it.

I HAVE A DREAM! That one day, people will be able to understand Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality.....lol

I want to eradicate all false understandings of this and do it structurally and systematically, so that anyone can pick it up and just DO. Without being confused.

So many people on this thread, THINK they know what the book means here and there, but are often mistaken.

So can we all come together as Bums and make this happen?

Edited by effilang
  • Like 3

It's a nice idea but if I were you I would short cut all of that by finding a real qigong master - I could call 1-952-593-5555 and get the spirit shen laser holographic energy transmission from http://springforestqigong.com

We have one testimonial already on this thread from someone who called qigong master Jim Nance for a phone energy transmission.

We have another person - Jascha -- who thinks this book is fake but admits that qigong master Jim Nance is the real deal and Jim Nance shares the view of this book -- he not only shares the views - he has achieved the views of this book.

So this book has a lot of terms that people might not understand right?

The issue is not the terms - the issue is the real experience of those terms.

No one is going to understand what yang chi as spirit-vitality is - unless they actually experience it!

When I practiced this book I was also receiving the energy transmissions from qigong master Chunyi Lin.

My energy advanced so fast that I experienced things I did not understand!

If I had studied this book in more detail I think I would have trained much better without making the same exact errors that this book details.

On page 151 of Measuring Meditation - Bill Bodri and Master Nan, Huai-chin warn against the Taoist Yoga esoteric schools that are very fast in training but too easily get attached to form and to concepts.

Then they say you need to first "eliminate the worldly distractions."

So then they state - unlike schools that force the MCO practice there is nothing more you can do except cultivate merit, prajna and emptiness and let things proceed naturally.

Yeah I agree with this - that when real samadhi is being attained - what's called "achievement of cessation" in Theraveda Buddhism - then this same stage of the ability to go a week without food yet still build up energy - this is achieved.

But the thing is that at this stage of practice it is better to do mind yoga - to focus on the source of the I-thought then to get attached to all the various energy phenomenon that are possible.

So to keep the practice very simple is also what Master Chunyi Lin recommends - "use your consciousness to go into the Emptiness and keep it simple."

So in the book Taoist Yoga it states that if you don't understand all the MCO practices then just keep bringing light down to your lower tan t'ien - and that is all that you need to know!!

I know it is ironic to have to go through the whole book just to rely on a simple teaching but that is what is required to distill the fundamental secret of the practice.

For example when my spirit was leaving my body from having filled my body with yin chi energy -- my thought was - o.k. now what? Because I am not really interested in astral travel.

So at that point in my practice my thought should not have been "now what?" but instead it should have been - "who is this happening to?" What is the source of the I-thought?!!

Who is the person who is meditating? So Taoist Yoga says to just maintain that "one pure thought" and then all the energy of the body-mind will return to the Earth center as the lower tan t'ien. The one pure thought is the I-thought - who is meditating.

And so just hold onto the I-thought and through time the necessary energy transformations will take place.

See obviously people can't do this since their mind is not strong enough -- and so they need to do the MCO and the various other practices like simple Tai Chi.

But most importantly is to find a real energy master who can read your energy blockages and then send energy to you.

Like Jascha said - he "thought" he already posted his experience to the forum but he has not. He told me when he got the phone healing from qigong master Jim Nance Jascha could feel his third eye expanding in the center of this brain. Jim Nance said Jascha needed energy to his lungs and Jascha said he could feel Jim's energy moving around in Jascha's lungs.

So it really does take this transmission to experience the energy of a real qigong master and then a person can know experientially what they are working towards.

• Like 1

I agree with you Drew.

In fact I am planning to do at least 2 healing sessions with Nance or Lin as I am moving to a monastery full time and would like to get the a little head start : )

Experience is paramount. No doubt about that.

And it is true, all these terms become clear through experience.

Still, It would be nice to have a boiled down manual.

• Like 1