Flolfolil

Society Sucks

i don't see how me picking up trash or feeding the homeless is ever going to stop something like monsanto

As you most likely know from studying history, all structures fail given time. Whether it be countries, empires or corporations. I know that many of us want to see the large corporations such as Monsanto fail or have their corporate charters revoked but unless the government enforces the 'Sherman Antitrust act, or overturn the Monsanto protection act, then we all are in for a wait. Many times the corporations just reform under a different name and structure.

Consider the case of I.G. Farben which is an important example. I.G. Farben was liquidated and the result is; Agfa, Bayer and BASF.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_igfarben02.htm

Edited by ralis

i don't see how me picking up trash or feeding the homeless is ever going to stop something like monsanto

Monsanto are being evicted from many countries due to people power, some governments are listening to the people. In Europe Monsanto are in big trouble ! But this is very rarely reported in the controlled media, so don't expect to read about it or see it on the Idiot Box. There where marches against Monsanto worldwide but it wasn't reported in the controlled media, or was watered down if it was. So their is good news out there, I find a lot of good news on Facebook, and yes I know the truth behind it - that its a monitoring tool; but we've been monitored for years. I refuse to live in fear and will post whatever I feel will be of benefit.

Government corruption can be overcome. The people of Iceland have shown us how to do it. But has it been reported in the controlled media ! We the people outnumber the politicians and corporate monsters(Monsanto, BP, McDonalds and Nike to name but four), but many don't realize this wonderful fact. Here in the UK apathy is major problem, however there are small pockets of resistance appearing all over the country. People are working together against the coalition government due to the Bedroom Tax and welfare cuts affecting the unemployed and disabled, so their is some good news coming out from these latest attempts from the government to crush the not so well off. Sadly the suicide rate has sky rocketed due to the aforementioned cuts, and recently a grandmother of 53 killed herself because of the Bedroom Tax - her benefits were reduced by UK 80 Pounds a month, which left this lady with hardly any money for food.

In the UK there are Food Banks for the low paid and people on welfare benefits - yet the Houses of Commons food bill which is paid for by the tax payer came to 5.8 million UK Pounds for the year ! The benefits and perks of being an MP are endless, such as second homes being paid for - the PM is renting his house at 6,000 UK Pounds a month while he lives in number 10 Downing Street. Most MP's/Ministers are millionaires.

When people wake up to the fact that they do have the power to bring about change then it will happen, and their is no need for a violent revolution.

We need to stop doing the dirty work of the parasites in power. Soldiers need to put their weapons down. The police need to realize that they are also being used to further the political agenda. We all need to realize that we are the power.

And soon.

Otherwise it will be a prison planet. Not far off now.

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 3

Shine light on darkness and it (eventually) goes away. There's a lot attention on Monsanto right now. Mass protests, youtube movies and perhaps most importantly some <more progressive> countries are beginning to ban its products. I think there may be a reversal and farmers and organizations are going to start suing Monsanto for invasion of its crops. Just today a rogue strain was found in a field in the U.S.

I think the wheels are in motion for the problem to take care of itself. These problems arise over a decade, have much buy in from number of special interests <good and bad> and take another decade to solve once awareness is made.

Personally I think there's good Monsanto can do. I'm not against all genetically modified foods. They have the potential to end world hunger, prevent nasty malnutritional diseases that cause blindness and deformities, as well as survive drought better. Dark as they seem now, they're likely to greatly benefit mankind. If used and developed intelligently.

We shouldn't throw out the baby w/ the bath water. Monsanto and its sciences can be a force for good, it just needs to refocus, get its head out of its supremely for profit ass and end some of the harmful processes, but if you look at the whole picture, they're not all bad and there potential is enormous.

Edited by thelerner

Shine light on darkness and it (eventually) goes away. There's a lot attention on Monsanto right now. Mass protests, youtube movies and perhaps most importantly some <more progressive> countries are beginning to ban its products. I think there may be a reversal and farmers and organizations are going to start suing Monsanto for invasion of its crops. Just today a rogue strain was found in a field in the U.S.

I think the wheels are in motion for the problem to take care of itself. These problems arise over a decade, have much buy in from number of special interests <good and bad> and take another decade to solve once awareness is made.

Personally I think there's good Monsanto can do. I'm not against all genetically modified foods. They have the potential to end world hunger, prevent nasty malnutritional diseases that cause blindness and deformities, as well as survive drought better. Dark as they seem now, they're likely to greatly benefit mankind. If used and developed intelligently.

We shouldn't throw out the baby w/ the bath water. Monsanto and its sciences can be a force for good, it just needs to refocus, get its head out of its supremely for profit ass and end some of the harmful processes, but if you look at the whole picture, they're not all bad and there potential is enormous.

I don't agree about the GMO. Why? There are better means such as tissue culture which is selecting for soil conditions, insect resistance, disease resistance and other conditions. The mistaken idea that superior crops result from genetic manipulation has not been proven. Hybridized and genetically altered food crops or ornamentals are genetically weak, thus one will see certain reversions back to the parent material. This is due to the evolutionary strength of the particular species. Furthermore, genetic manipulation does not account for how crops interact in a given system. What we are seeing is deconstructionism/reductionist thinking in which genetic manipulation is a superior technique over other possible solutions.

One more point I wanted to make is that what I have observed in nature is that insects are beneficial. Especially when seen as part of an ecosystem. Weak plants are taken down by insects. That is part of their function.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2

we are so unevolved we have to come to this karmic school where inbalance and chaos is hardcoded into the fabric (in the current epoch).

we are also a species here with amnesia - we don't know our history pre 10000bc....... and our reality is sucked on (fear and helplessness) by dark astral crittters - ruling / driving the elite class (pyscopaths).

tip : evolve like crazy so not to come back, and then bliss out in a higher frequency in one of the zillions of other dimensions :)

www.waykiwayki.com

Edited by wayki
  • Like 1

we are so unevolved we have to come to this karmic school where inbalance and chaos is hardcoded into the fabric (in the current epoch).
we are also a species here with amnesia - we don't know our history pre 10000bc....... and our reality is sucked on (fear and helplessness) by dark astral crittters - ruling / driving the elite class (pyscopaths).
tip : evolve like crazy so not to come back, and then bliss out in a higher frequency in one of the zillions of other dimensions :)
www.waykiwayki.com

we are also a species here with amnesia - are you a Graham Hancock 'fan' wayki? Graham is a wonderful researcher, author and speaker.

I agree with your post.

As for Monsanto and GM, nope, not the way to go. I've watched a few documentaries on the subject and have read what various scientists have said about GM.

Mother Nature is not to be tampered with.

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 1

"Government corruption can be overcome"

must be overcome, hold the scoundrels accountable

"We the people outnumber the politicians and corporate monsters"

"People are working together"

"no need for a violent revolution."

"Soldiers need to put their weapons down"

"I refuse to live in fear""I refuse to live in fear"

monsanto speaks>>"" if you put a label on genetically engineered food, you might as well put a skull and crossbones on it"

norman braksick, president of asgrow seed company, a subsidiary of monsanto

"monsanto should NOT have to vouchsafe the safety of biotech food.our interest is in selling as much of it as possible"

phil angell, monsanto's director of corporate communications

i am hoping that the occupiers learned valuable lessons from the occupy wall street(test run)

when occupy monsanto happens the shit gonna hit the fan.

wasnt there an x-files episode where they were in some corn field and found the last living bee?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLEE2UL_N7Q

Edited by zerostao