stefos

The Skeptical "Buddhist"...Critical thinking & Buddhism..

Pure Land Buddhism is a cult and a lieeeeeeeee.

Wake up.

There I criticized the Pure Land cult. Dzogchen is the best.

Stefos

Khenpo Ngawang Pelzang, who is one of the greatest masters of the Longchen Nyingthig, says:

"Practice aspiration transference all the time, when you are eating, sleeping, walking or sitting: using the three images, keep your awareness constantly focused above your head and recite:

Buddha Amitabha, I pray to you,

Bless me that I may be reborn in the Pure Land of Bliss."

-----A Guide to the Words of My Perfect Teacher

So you can see that Dzogchenpas recommend practices very much like Pure Land Buddhism.

Edited by alwayson
  • Like 1

Khenpo Ngawang Pelzang, who is one of the greatest masters of the Longchen Nyingthig, says:

"Practice aspiration transference all the time, when you are eating, sleeping, walking or sitting: using the three images, keep your awareness constantly focused above your head and recite:

So you can see that Dzogchenpas recommend practices very much like Pure Land Buddhism.

This recommendation though is for those who are still stuck in the lower tantra attitude

Not everyone in the world is an Atiyoga practitioner, let alone a dedicated one.

I agree that in Atiyoga, doing rushan will ensure rebirth in a Pure Land.

Edited by alwayson

This recommendation though is for those who are still stuck in the lower tantra attitude

Not necessarily 'stuck' but just with a strong connection to this style of practice.

Not everyone in the world is an Atiyoga practitioner, let alone a dedicated one.

I agree that in Atiyoga, doing rushan will ensure rebirth in a Pure Land.

If you do the six lokas, yes.

• Like 1

Actually, no.

CNN says that Guru Yoga, visualizing the 5 colored Thigle with the white A is the best practice, allowing thoughts & emotions to self liberate.

He said if you do this only for a few seconds even AND are in the state of presence....it's pefect.

The Pure Land Buddhism cult of today is not what was meant by Khenpo Ngawang Pelzang.

Come one....you should know better than that.

Stefos

No....I didn't disavow Vajrayana at all!

Vajrayana is the method of energy. It's useful.

What I'm saying is this "Which is the original Dhamma? Pre-Pali or today's sects?"

See, THE point is this: There are Theosophical writers who are clairvoyants and they are Theists (albeit impersonal).

They mention the chakras, nadis, and various koshas as well.

Rudolf Steiner mentions chakras, nadis, etc. along with "western" correspondences to "eastern" modes.

Vajrayana's roots are in the Upanishads ultimately. The Buddha was a Yogi....any sane person must acknowledge this.

The most salient point about the relationship of the Buddha & Upanishads was that the Buddha didn't disavow Brahman in the Pali texts.

He did say that Brahma was a "god."

The point of this thread was "Being skeptical & critically thinking also."

People who want security will often most of time cling to anything out of fear........This I know from experience.

Take Care

Stefos

I don't understand you.

Should I ?

Don't be a tourist.

Stick to the essence .

You've listened to CNNr. He tell's it straight.Few other people do.

There is nothing else to know apart from the essence.

If you KNOW the essence you know all the limited perspectives down to your very dear theosophy friends.

Edited by Anderson

The Pure Land Buddhism cult of today is not what was meant by Khenpo Ngawang Pelzang.

Stefos

Isn't Khenpo Ngawang Pelzang recommending practices akin to those found in Pure Land Buddhism?

Don't tertons experience all sorts of Pure Lands in their lives?

Isn't Khenpo Ngawang Pelzang recommending practices akin to those found in Pure Land Buddhism?

You've started liking your own posts again ...

• Like 1

Allwayson, why do you like yourself so much ?

Dont you know that you should go beyond all likes and dislikes ? :)

You are ridiculous ......

Edited by Anderson

Actually, no.

CNN says that Guru Yoga, visualizing the 5 colored Thigle with the white A is the best practice, allowing thoughts & emotions to self liberate.

He said if you do this only for a few seconds even AND are in the state of presence....it's pefect.

Not everyone is an Atiyoga practitioner.

I don't know from what perspective Khenpo Ngawang Pelzang is recommending such practices. Maybe Anuyoga.

Stefos

Khenpo Ngawang Pelzang is indeed recommending practices in the vein of Pure Land Buddhism.

Tertons experience all sorts of Pure Lands in their lives.

Pure Lands, including Amitabha, are merely bardo experiences....not something external.

Edited by alwayson

I don't understand you.

Should I ?

Don't be a tourist.

Stick to the essence .

You've listened to CNNr. He tell's it straight.Few other people do.

There is nothing else to know apart from the essence.

If you KNOW the essence you know all the limited perspectives down to your very dear theosophy friends.

You should not only understand me BUT more importantly LOVE me.

THAT is important.

Furthermore, Dzogchen is true but How does a "Buddhist" view others like Sri Ramana Maharshi or Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj?

What about Shankaracharya?

You see, at what point does the "Buddhist" say: "THIS is Buddhadharma, THIS isn't?"

If you listen to Tibetan Buddhism, they say "The Tibetan & Indian Mahasiddhas & the Kanjur & Mahamudra & Dzogchen" ONLY.

The Theras say...."The Pali canon ONLY."

Doesn't anyone here have enough guts to acknowledge that?

When I constantly hear about "Tibetan Buddhism" & "Lamas" & "Rinpoches" It gets me believing more & more that it's big business rather than Dharma/Dhamma. Dharma/Dhamma is given when requested FOR FREE. Period.

It seems to me that there IS a disconnect between Pre-Pali & Post Pali Buddhism.

No one here wants to acknowledge that because of fear.

Why are you afraid? If you're wrong, you're wrong. The Dharma/Dhamma you've been pushing might be wrong too!

Here's an interesting side not: CNNR said at a recent webcast "Jesus was a realized being."

Now wrap your head around that & explain it to me. He said "No one can walk on water and not sink" right before that.

Stefos

Edited by stefos

Here's an interesting side not: CNNR said at a recent webcast "Jesus was a realized being."

Now wrap your head around that & explain it to me. He said "No one can walk on water and not sink" right before that.

Stefos

:)

• Like 1

You should not only understand me BUT more importantly LOVE me.

THAT is important.

Furthermore, Dzogchen is true but How does a "Buddhist" view others like Sri Ramana Maharshi or Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj?

What about Shankaracharya?

You see, at what point does the "Buddhist" say: "THIS is Buddhadharma, THIS isn't?"

If you listen to Tibetan Buddhism, they say "The Tibetan & Indian Mahasiddhas & the Kanjur & Mahamudra & Dzogchen" ONLY.

The Theras say...."The Pali canon ONLY."

Doesn't anyone here have enough guts to acknowledge that?

When I constantly hear about "Tibetan Buddhism" & "Lamas" & "Rinpoches" It gets me believing more & more that it's big business rather than Dharma/Dhamma. Dharma/Dhamma is given when requested FOR FREE. Period.

It seems to me that there IS a disconnect between Pre-Pali & Post Pali Buddhism.

No one here wants to acknowledge that because of fear.

Why are you afraid? If you're wrong, you're wrong. The Dharma/Dhamma you've been pushing might be wrong too!

Stefos

Love is overrated.

But hey....if you want to be loved stick with Geesus.

And as far as i know a "buddhist" doesn't come with an out of the box view.

It acquires one based on the approach of the school he/she adheres to.

Stefos

ChNN, has apparently mentioned this more than once, according to some DC members. ChNN's criteria for a "realized being" is multifaceted. I personally don't agree with him that "realization" entails control over the 4 elements: since Buddhists and non-Buddhists (if they cultivate hard enough) can develop themselves to this point. This doesn't mean that someone has realization of 2-fold emptiness.

But hey....if you want to be loved stick with Geesus.

:lol:

• Like 1

Apech your behavior is out of control, I'm going to report you to the MODS.

B)

Which part of my anatomy will they suspend me by?

4 elements?

I'm pretty sure its 5

5 is standard number.

Such as 5 poisons, 5 wisdoms etc.

In this case, I had the idea that the space element wasn't necessary to be included since it isn't a gross element (or as gross an element) as the other four and deals primarily with the physical space that the other 4 elements occupy (or makes up); while in the in the human body it occupies the spaces between the joints, organs, ears, nose, etc.

Which part of my anatomy will they suspend me by?

By your ballz.

akiva_balls-e1364057054463.jpg

In this case, I had the idea that the space element wasn't necessary to be included since it isn't a gross element (or as gross an element) as the other four and deals primarily with the physical space that the other 4 elements occupy (or makes up); while in the in the human body it occupies the spaces between the joints, organs, ears, nose, etc.

But there are 5 P L, 5 Buddha families etc.

These are all related.