DragonsNectar69k

Spiritual Warfare

The best position in any war is not to have a position. A position of "non-position". A state of neutrality. Nothingness.

"form is emptiness; emptiness is form"

“Remember that we sometimes demand explanations for the sake not of their content, but of their form. Our requirement is an architectural one; the explanation a kind of sham corbel that supports nothing.”
~Wittgenstein

• Like 1

This is a good way to grasping the nature of the uncarved block. Or rather, the uncarved block has to be available in order to not ask for explanantions and for that to be a good thing.

The best position in any war is not to have a position. A position of "non-position". A state of neutrality. Nothingness.

“Remember that we sometimes demand explanations for the sake not of their content, but of their form. Our requirement is an architectural one; the explanation a kind of sham corbel that supports nothing.”

~Wittgenstein

Anyone who quotes Wittgenstein gets my vote.

I also like the idea of not having a position. I try to avoid having opinions ...

• Like 1

~Wittgenstein

From emptiness and neutrality we act, be it war or peace it flows.

My 2 cents, Peace

like totally ditto

can I add my hippy & viking ditto...........................

You should have seen me as Mozart, but thats digressing.................

hey ho off we go.........................BOOM.......ahem, VANISH........................

Namaste,

gentlewind

Anyone who quotes Wittgenstein gets my vote.

Yeah, makes me wonder how WittgenTzu came to these realisations.

And how do you avoid having opinions, Apech? Having them seems like a very basic human characteristic, because we always want to now if something is "on our side" or not. What you say does make a lot of sense, though. Once people overcome the need to be right, they surely have risen above their ego to a certain extent.

Yeah, makes me wonder how WittgenTzu came to these realisations.

And how do you avoid having opinions, Apech? Having them seems like a very basic human characteristic, because we always want to now if something is "on our side" or not. What you say does make a lot of sense, though. Once people overcome the need to be right, they surely have risen above their ego to a certain extent.

An opinion is something you pin yourself on ... in other words you make the idea or thought more significant than you. I'm this sort of person, I'm that sort of person, 'I always say that ...' and so on ... don't get me wrong ideas are great and necessary but if you make reason your master and not your servant you end up opinionated. Your ego is formed from these kind of ideas, points of view, feelings you cling on to. So its best to let go and start afresh each moment ... not easy by the way cos the ego uses opinion as a shield and doing without is hard work ....so you have to meditiate on emptiness or even more so feel empty in the moment. Offer up your thoughts to the universe and see what new things come in.

Bit of a ramble but hope it made sense :)

• Like 2

Yep, it does make sense, thanks for elaborating. Actually I recently had a few experiences myself where I was f.e. discussing nutrition with friends and realized that I sometimes said things "just to be right" and not for the sake of mutual evolution (for lack of a better term). In general I feel like I am already moving in the very direction you pointed out, maybe because I've been practising Zen for a while and have become more aware of my thoughts, words and actions.

Good luck letting go of these nasty opinions, everybody :D

a lot of our spiritual battles are self inflicted.

Mind.

Question it.

Namaste,

gentlewind