Sign in to follow this  
Flolfolil

what would you reincarnate as?

Here is the scenario. You die, and when you die you find out that reincarnation is the only part of spirituality that holds any truth. This means the spiritual pursuit is pointless because there is no perfection and no escaping reality, you will just live it forever.

But you get to pick what you want to be. After you pick you lose your memory of previous life and memory of picking or why you picked what you did.

So what is it? What do you pick?

Hmm is water bear, honey badger or mantis shrimp an option? :D

• Like 2

yes. and no, but primarily yes. :lol:

I can add them to my bestiary/monstiary for use in the eventual RPG "bible game" project thing im trying to hash out.

I've already taken the story of the scorpion and the frog and dropped a nuke on them and added the Scorphrog.

Then there's the aligatox.... scary stuff, but watch out for a goatrilla!!! they dont have fingernails, they have fingerhooves!

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

I'd shoot for human again, maybe female variation this time. I'm not into the spiritual trip for its rewards and perfection has always seemed like too fuzzy a goal for me. The pursuit of spirituality is worthwhile for its own sake. Given a choice I might go for something like Amish.. something low tech but somewhat prosperous, maybe island life somewhere pretty.

Maybe I'll go that route this life, once the kids are out of the house. Head for an island.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Always thought there would be plenty time to sleep when I'm dead, but if I have to keep rushing off to be reincarnated- perhaps koala bear.

• Like 1

i would be a bad timelord. i would push the boundaries and break all the rules just to find out what happens :lol:

• Like 1

I think life as a coral colony ,or humbolt squid ,

would be just about as different as there could be from human experience

either basking in tropical waters or gliding invisible through the abyss.

What a potentially revealing thing to experience at least one life as!

But as a mantis shrimp, could really be psychedelic man!

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind being a platypus. Those little guys are the living proof that Mother Nature has a sense of humor. Half-duck, half-beaver, a mammal without nipples that lays eggs and has a venomous spur (which has no antidote!) and locates its prey through electrolocation... That would be a fun ride. :D

Was that a reference to the Oatmeal cartoon? ;)

In a way yes , I had a coral tank at one time, the live rock had some mantis shrimp

( considered pests for all the reasons given in the cartoon )

They are nifty to watch though and you can do some rudimentary training with food rewards

which they grab with acquisitive gusto .

I think the eyes 'pre-digest information' to feed the brain data ..(more than have to render it all from scratch.

If you get my meaning)

Sign in to follow this