Protector

Feminist thread

Well, the nice side of the coin is that it's easier to have a "no love, just sex" encounter with a feminist than with a sane female.

But... why?

'Cuz I'm the good guy, and from the start feminism was about equality. I was kinda one by default but if you have to ask and point it out then I always been a feminist.

MORE COMICS

2012-07-02.gif

• Like 3

That one was pretty funny.

'Cuz I'm the good guy, and from the start feminism was about equality. I was kinda one by default but if you have to ask and point it out then I always been a feminist.

Feminism was about equal rights AND treatment for women, sure. But to be a feminist you'd have to actively "fight" for women's rights, inclussion and that sort of deal. I treat women as equals, not as i treat other men, but as equals none the less.

The strongest, most coragerous people I've met in my life have all been women while most manly figures in my life have been dissapointing and have set poor examples. But even after this I can't stand by a feminist agenda, i see no point in it.

• Like 1

'Cuz I'm the good guy, and from the start feminism was about equality.

No, feminism is about turning women into men.

What you don't like is the disrespect that this society shows to traditional female roles. Hence, you feminists say "society is right, abort those female roles!"

But, the roles are good... society is wrong!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2013 at 3:57 PM, DAO rain TAO said:

No, feminism is about turning women into men.

What you don't like is the disrespect that this society shows to traditional female roles. Hence, you feminists say "society is right, abort those female roles!"

But, the roles are good... society is wrong

Edited by zanshin
  • Like 3

Many cultural issues of social justice and equality remain, but feminism isn't just about outraged, repressed and outspoken women. Nobody likes being brow beaten (re: 1st post). It's about equal opportunity. There had to be a shake up for that to happen. Check out some history on ground breaking wins to appreciate how it has shaped modern society.

Nice post . Thanks god , someone has deeper understunding of how things are ! :)

While thoughtless women man bashing and women who want to rule the world is a NO ,NO , I will always stand up for human rights , be mans or womans ones .

Lets face it -- in some places around the world women are still being secnd class citizens , if not house pets .

By me saying that -- it does not mean that I hate man or any similar ridicolous statment , but simply hear the cry and feel suffering of my sisters .

It also does not mean that all women are angels that need to be saved or similar .

The fact is that developed world where women can actually live more or less equal lifestyle to men is not the only reality .

We are talking about Western Europe , nowdays parts of Easter Europe to a degree , America and Australia , what about the rest of the world ?

In my opinion the women need to take care of themselves with some hard core mesuares , that is why EXTREMES are good sometimes and in this cases feminism is much needed . Sometimes there are even women in some countries who are perpetuating crimes against women , but brainwashed by patriachal system .

Having travelled in some less developed countries for longer periods and having women tell me stories of their life from around the world this stuff breaks my heart .

female genital mutilation:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/nov/18/female-genital-mutilation-circumcision-indonesia

watch if you are not squiemish

witch camps in Ghana:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19437130

bride kidnapping:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bride_kidnapping

breast ironing as preventative against rape in Africa especially Cameroon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_ironing

....As well as being dangerous, breast ironing is criticized as being ineffective for stopping sexual abuse. GIZ and the Network of Aunties (RENATA), a Cameroonian non-governmental organization that supports young mothers, campaign against breast ironing,[5] and are supported by the Ministry for the Promotion of Women and the Family.[4] Some have also advocated for a law against the practice; however, no such law has been passed.[1] According to one Cameroonian lawyer, if a medical doctor determines that damage has been caused to the breasts, the perpetrator can be punished by up to three years in prison, provided the matter is reported within a few months.[2] However, it is unclear such a law exists and there are no recorded instances of legal enforcement.[1]

The GIZ survey found that 39 per cent of Cameroonian women opposed breast ironing, with 41 per cent expressing support and 26 per cent indifferent.[3]

why India is bad for women:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/23/why-india-bad-for-women

....We have a woman president, we've had a woman prime minister. Yet in 2012, one of the greatest tragedies in our country is that women are on their own when it comes to their own safety,"

. She went on to outline another incident in India last week: a group of village elders in Baghpat, Uttar Pradesh, central India, who banned women from carrying mobile phones, choosing their own husbands or leaving the house unaccompanied or with their heads uncovered. "The story is the same," said the news anchor. "No respect for women. No respect for our culture. And as far as the law is concerned: who cares?"

how did rape become a weapon during the war

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4078677.stm

and so on ..

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 2

I think feminism can get some bad representation, badmouthed a lot, and joining the cause might not feel like changing anything.

But I think that it's important to stand your ground and set a good example everyone else to see.

2013-03-26.gif

Scary things are less scary when they are funny

This is my favorite webcomic by the way, but some here might like his earlier work more

2011-10-06.gif

2013-04-08.gif

• Like 1

Too bad, the old Ishida is gone

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What ever happened to him anyways? started eating too much strogen-pumped chicken or something?I think his juvenile sense of humour wasn't a bad thing, 'twas good.

• Like 1

There's a lot of whining on him forums but I think he got better

TRYIN TO GET REALLLLLLL

2012-07-23.gif

2012-04-02.gif

2012-08-27.gif

And some things are the same

• Like 1

You assume sex is a dichotomy, but there is a actually a lot of variability in roles people are suited to by nature. By percentage, perhaps more women have aptitude and interest in caring for znd nurturing small children, this does not mean we can rotely say men are bad at it and should never do it. This is what is meant by equal opportunity, people should be permitted even encouraged to follow their nature instead of roles being based on some arbitrary external constraint. Actually, pretty Taoist.

Being a daoist student, I know that everything is regulated by the laws of yin and yang.

Females are yin and males are yang. So, by nature we have a sexual dichotomy in roles.

Of course, there is the possibility that some women are more yang in nature. But, if almost all women are now yang in nature, that means something strange.

You think in terms of "individual" and this is not daoist. There is the Power of the Dao which manifest himself trough individual.

The yin power of the Dao tends to manifest trough females and sages.

My point is just that society disregard yin power and you can see this by thinking at housewives: nobody wants to be the humble housewife. But, in sane societies everyone threat housewives with great respect: it's the role with the greatest dignity in certain matriarchal society (yes, matriarchal means "great value to female role" and NOT "taking male roles").

The result is that women, by external conditioning want to be males to have dignity and respect in society. This is natural and legit.

The yin power of the Dao manifests more trough males, giving birth to the so-called beta-males. Beta so hated by women because they incarnate the power which they're trying to forget.

Suninmyeyes... intense post, horrible stuff.

How to change?

Attempts to "Civilize" things... always seem to end badly.

civ·i·lize
/ˈsivəˌlīz/
Verb
  1. Bring (a place or people) to a stage of social, cultural, and moral development considered to be more advanced: "a civilized society".
  2. Polite and well-mannered.
Synonyms
domesticate

...domesticate? ha

Would this be a form of supremacism?